Official Masters Tournament 2009...Immelman Repeat?

sick.gif

yeah Chad Campbell is on some something else right now. -9 ?! u kidding me?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Tiger and the rest of the guys teeing off this afternoon caught a HUGE break in their draws... Teeing off tomorrow morning and being able to get most of the round in before weather hits is gonna be a big, big advantage...

ESPN not going live to Augusta until 3?!
sick.gif
The $$%+ are they even covering this for?
Augusta National is strict with broadcasting rules and the amount of coverage in the early rounds is limited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w..._Tournament#Broadcasting

Significant restrictions have been placed on the tournament's broadcast hours compared to other major championships, perhaps to increase the tournament's Nielsen ratings, or to reward ticket-holders. Only in the 21st century did the tournament allow CBS to air 18-hole coverage of the leaders, a standard at the other three majors.[sup][60][/sup] Only three hours of cable coverage is scheduled for the early rounds. International broadcasters do not receive additional coverage, although they may take commercial breaks at different times from CBS or ESPN. The networks always stay past the allotted times until the end of live golf action on all four days, whereas on American television coverage of the other three majors (and The Players Championship) continues only until the end of a scheduled broadcast window on all days except Sunday or a Monday-finish.[sup][59][/sup]

Ah, thanks for the clarification ...

Gotta give ESPN credit so far... At least they don't have their usual BS scrolling all over the screen and it actually looks like PGA Golfcoverage...

Yeah, I only learned about the differences in coverage when I found that Wiki article. I always wondered why CBS kept using their 1998 graphics for Masterscoverage and that Wiki article pretty much explained all of that and then some.

I was about ready to impale ESPN too for shortchanging us with coverage,
laugh.gif

Tiger is starting to look real good now. He just stuck a shot within 10 feet of the pin on the par 3 16th.

He has never finished the first day of any Masters under 70. He starts somewhat slow but will finish strong.

He is currently -3 and is going to be -4 if he sinks this... he will be in good position after today.

Originally Posted by Freshly Snipes

He is currently -3 and is going to be -4 if he sinks this... he will be in good position after today.

Yup

I saw him finish the front (I believe he was even par) and the commentators said he should do work on the back 9.

He should be in great shape.

Tiger's looking okay but that was a shocker to not make birdie.

I'm glad they brought back the club selection info on the telecast. I love to see what clubs these dudes are using to reach these holes.

Tiger hit the ball beautifully today. Too bad he couldn't get the putter going...

damn, didn't realize that choke job my man J.B. put on last week cost him a spot in the Masters.
smh.gif

Chad Campbell beasting again. -2 on his round through 6 holes. -9 for the tournament.

Tiger got a a par on the first. Still at -2.

chad campbell will not keep this up obviously... tiger just needs to stay the course, finish around -5 overall today and he will be just fine.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

chad campbell will not keep this up obviously... tiger just needs to stay the course, finish around -5 overall today and he will be just fine.

Problem is Chad is a decent ball striker( esp with his approach irons)... at -10 under already
nerd.gif
.... he is basically putting pressure on the field to come get him. If he doesnthave a G.Norman type collaspe and plays -6 or -7 under the rest of the tournament..... this may be his.....
ohwell.gif

Chad is going to implode once those greens harden and speed up Saturday and Sunday.

JM sittin at -3 thru 7, Lookin real good.
pimp.gif
He gave back to shots yesterday in the last 3 holes tho
Lets make another run at it!

Back
Top Bottom