**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

There is no Jordan of hip hop right now. That's how dumb that comparison sounds.

You the one that jumped in here with your Drake cape tryna defend something that wasn't being debated. :lol:

All dudes was saying was they wasn't rocking with Views.

There is no Jordan of hip hop right now. That's how dumb that comparison sounds.

You the one that jumped in here with your Drake cape tryna defend something that wasn't being debated. :lol:

All dudes was saying was they wasn't rocking with Views.
no jordan - just because you can't make a logical argument to who can claim such a title ....

so who's the jordan of all time period??

stop it fam ... we get it - you don't rock with views and my love for controlla makes me a female or a flip flop wearing thotty ... got it ...

you need to check who brought up Jordan into this argument .. however, if we must choose a jordan of this time - it would be Drake - no one is touching him YET ....

I personally **** with J Cole over Kendrick - Kanye - Jay - Drake - but I can accept the facts of out times!

Last edited:
Your Jordan comparison would make sense if Drake was dropping classic after classic but he's not. Using popularity does not make you the MJ hip hop.
laugh.gif
Like I said nothing to talk about if Drake in your mind is MJ.
Only one to do that or really be considered the Jordan or Rap is 2Pac

keko jones keko jones ,

For the record, I am a fan of Drake. HOWEVER, He's just used and copied to many styles for him to be one of the best. He never would've been my favorite rapper regardless (I respect his fans). The guy is a kleptomaniac though, for real for real :lol:

Drake is in the Eminem/Nelly/Beastie Boys lane. His popularity is skewed. Nelly was hardcore at first, then went the Flo Rida route. Which is perfectly fine. If we are talking STRICTLY music, which ironically, all rap debates or music debates back in the days use to always be about the SONGS, nowadays, it's not even about the music.

Over half the people you debate about music in this day in age, don't even listen to certain artists or their songs, but try to be a part of the discussion :lol:

lmao are you comparing nas to meek?
and jay z was never as big as drake is right now nor was there a heavy internet and social media presence back then
dumb comparison

Jay-Z has been on every magazine cover possible from Life to Time to Vanity Fair to Forbes

Jay-Z has transcended music. Drake is just a singer rapper.

Jay-Z has been on every magazine cover possible from Life to Time to Vanity Fair to Forbes

jay z is my favorite rapper ever lol im well aware of everything you just said...
he still was never as popular as drake

Not that I'm going to take a side ....

However, Time and Forbes did covers after Jay Z and Beyonce net worth hit 1billion ....  Not sure about Life - meaning that it was more about the success rather than the musician!

jay z is my favorite rapper ever lol im well aware of everything you just said...
he still was never as popular as drake

So Drake could get people to buy Reebok's and his own clothing line? And I'm not talking about a few thousand.

Drake is only as popular as his last song. Jay-Z has pretty much always transcended rap.

You can't even compare anyone to Dre, Em, Snoop and Jay-Z in popularity.

Last edited:
Do people buy his clothing?

I wonder at what point does Adidas have to start mass producing his kicks to make up for the clothes.

Idk that hobo wear was sold out on dope factory last year. 2k sweaters with holes smh, I was sick seeing that stupid ****.

I thought Kanye was making affordable clothes for everyone to wear ....

This is the dude that want to be transcendent and talks about building a brand for the less fortunate youth and yet everything he makes is unafordable for the people he spoke about.

i was really riding with what he had to say in the zane lowe interview and then when the line dropped with adidas i was like ok so what happened ? lol like it was literally the exact opposite of everything he talked about 

its all relative and sets precedence . no run dmc and adidas , no jay and reebok , possibly means no ye and nike and louis vuitton and adidas

he did it on his own merit , but nothing like that is haphazard 

don't forget that pharrell was one of the first to have people paying a lot for sneakers with reebok . and he had bbc which is still alive and well , in the midst of successful adidas colabs also . he dropped like 5 shoes on the same day and they all sold . he just isn't as loud as ye , but ye aint the only one doin numbers in this climate either 

Last edited:
So Drake could get people to buy Reebok's and his own clothing line? And I'm not talking about a few thousand.

Drake is only as popular as his last song. Jay-Z has pretty much always transcended rap.

You can't even compare anyone to Dre, Em, Snoop and Jay-Z in popularity.
im talking about music
drake is probably bigger than all of those you named except Em
you're really underestimating him
look at the #s fam

Kanye at adidas >>>>> jay at reebok and it's not even close...

Different climate

Jay-Z got people to buy Reebok's. Nobody bought Reebok's besides Question's. He got them not to resell, but wear.

People buy Kanye's to resell, and because they look at them with some sort of monetary value. And S. Carter's weren't limited.

im talking about music
drake is probably bigger than all of those you named except Em
you're really underestimating him
look at the #s fam

You still don't get it, Jay-Z is bigger than music. He doesn't need music.

He's Will Smith. You don't associate Will Smith as a rapper. You look at Jay-Z as Jay-Z. They show Jay-Z at a basketball game, he's Jay-Z.

Jay-Z's popularity is far bigger than record sales.

Idk that hobo wear was sold out on dope factory last year. 2k sweaters with holes smh, I was sick seeing that stupid ****.

I saw a bunch of dudes at his concert rocking those fitted flared tall tee skirt shirts, so people are definitely spending money on his clothes :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom