**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

Adele sells because she's white. Plenty of music like her's out there that can't crack 50K in total sales.

I still play Free City, joint is hard. That white producer they had was fire. Jay E or something. I was never a big Nelly fan but his albums always had 4-5 joints I couldn't deny. He got joints that still sound hard today.

I see what dudes are saying as far as the Drake/ Ye arguments but i think people are critically underrating how Big of an artist Jay was even prior to Beyonce.

This ***** had Michael ****** jackson on stage at a rap show with Dame Dash & Memph Bleek :lol:

***** has been a SUPERSTAR for a very long time. Social media era allows these newer artist to look much bigger compared to the superstars of that day.

I see what dudes are saying as far as the Drake/ Ye arguments but i think people are critically underrating how Big of an artist Jay was even prior to Beyonce.

This ***** had Michael ****** jackson on stage at a rap show with Dame Dash & Memph Bleek :lol:

***** has been a SUPERSTAR for a very long time. Social media era allows these newer artist to look much bigger compared to the superstars of that day.

That's like saying TV makes superstars fromm Hov's era look bigger than stars from the 60's who only had radio or some ****...technology changes so what

Hov was a superstar but he wasn't touching as many demographics and breaking as many records as Drake nor a versatile as Drake

Meek is corny with these DC4 teases.

He is promoting this more than an actual album. This better be strictly Tidal and Apple, and not available for free on datpiff or livemixtapes

Because if you're working a free mixtape this much :smh:

Exactly, but I digress. People live in the moment, and don't have an understanding for the past.

What demographics is Drake touching that Jay didn't?? Jay transcended just being a rapper after BP1. features with Mick Jackson, Showtime specials, Sneaker Deals etc etc dude was out there. Ja Rule, DMX, Nelly etc etc were all at one point just as popular if not more popular

dudes really be acting like he's doing unprecedented things, Wayne just 5-6 years ago was in the same space

once again y'all are bringing up extra stuff
im talking about music lmao
that's why oldhead stopped responding to me because he had no argument with just music

I do think Drake is more popular than Jay.

Drake makes pop music. That's always gonna be more appealing to white folks than Jay being a rapper. Even Jay's most popular songs won't appeal to white folks as much as Drakes catchy singalongs. Hold On, Hotline Bling, **** like that most of the time is gonna be bigger than any hip hop record.

Last edited:
thank you ^ that's been my point the entire time.
drake would do eminem numbers if he was around during that time

You still don't get it, Jay-Z is bigger than music. He doesn't need music.

He's Will Smith. You don't associate Will Smith as a rapper. You look at Jay-Z as Jay-Z. They show Jay-Z at a basketball game, he's Jay-Z.

Jay-Z's popularity is far bigger than record sales.
Only person bigger than Jay-Z is Pac

I do think Drake is more popular than Jay.

Drake makes pop music. That's always gonna be more appealing to white folks than Jay being a rapper. Even Jay's most popular songs won't appeal to white folks as much as Drakes catchy singalongs. Hold On, Hotline Bling, **** like that most of the time is gonna be bigger than any hip hop record.
Me personally:

Pac

B.I.G.

Jay

Em

Cube

Snoop

Dre

that's why oldhead stopped responding to me because he had no argument with just music

I'm really not understanding what ya'll are arguing? if we are talking about who was bigger a huge part of that would take into account their influence on pop culture as a whole. Drake makes legit songs that aren't Hip hop so he's gonna get play on top 40 radio, Pop stations yes. But that isn't the only way a celebrity influences pop culture and that's what i'm arguing.

so while yea a broader audience of people may know drake solely off of music compared to jay at that time, Having product on the big screen, commercials, clothing, etc etc is gonna clearly even the scales.

Because your argument is stupid, because Jay-Z is so much bigger than music.

It's like having a discussion about Ice Cube and just talking music, and not including all his movies. When all of that encompasses him.

Funny how people used to brag about classic albums, now they brag about how much an artist streamed :lol:

Fetty Wap is more popular than Tupac, because he had more number one songs :lol:

I'm really not understanding what ya'll are arguing? if we are talking about who was bigger a huge part of that would take into account their influence on pop culture as a whole. Drake makes legit songs that aren't Hip hop so he's gonna get play on top 40 radio, Pop stations yes. But that isn't the only way a celebrity influences pop culture and that's what i'm arguing.

so while yea a broader audience of people may know drake solely off of music compared to jay at that time, Having product on the big screen, commercials, clothing, etc etc is gonna clearly even the scales.
some dude compared the meek and drake beef to hov and nas lmao saying that nas won as a underdog so meek should have. just saying it was a dumb comparison for various factors.
regardless of that
drake has many endeavors outside of music too idk why y'all are leaving that out. pretty much being the face of the raptors, hosting the espys, having a jordan deal etc.. no his business moves aren't up to par with hov's (it's not even close) but he's also more than just a rapper just like hov

why are you putting drake on the level of fetty wap? lol stop with the dumb analogies dawg. drake has memorable projects too whether you like them or not.
you didn't even know what the argument was but you were quick to jump in and defend "your generation" .

some dude compared the meek and drake beef to hov and nas lmao saying that nas won as a underdog so meek should have. just saying it was a dumb comparison for various factors.
regardless of that
drake has many endeavors outside of music too idk why y'all are leaving that out. pretty much being the face of the raptors, hosting the espys, having a jordan deal etc.. no his business moves aren't up to par with hov's (it's not even close) but he's also more than just a rapper just like hov

Indeed he is more than a rapper himself. But i honestly think based off the sheer amount of time Jay's been a celeb and the amount of industries he's involved in he's bigger overall than drake. Drake clearly has a bigger influence on the younger generation tho.

I knew this ***** Jay was on a different time when the Royal Couple got out of their seats to go greet Jay & Beyonce at the Barclays.. Like that **** was a news story. At this moment Black culture is pop culture & he & his wife are on that mt Rushmore :lol:

why are you putting drake on the level of fetty wap? lol stop with the dumb analogies dawg. drake has memorable projects too whether you like them or not.
you didn't even know what the argument was but you were quick to jump in and defend "your generation" .

How old is Drake?

thank you ^ that's been my point the entire time.
drake would do eminem numbers if he was around during that time

I agree with that. If we couldn't get free music right now Drake would be selling 6+ mil. Drake is a talented, smart dude. He's a good enough signer to make these catchy radio records for the pop crowd and he's a good enough rapper to still be accepted in hip hop, now the ghostwriting **** has hurt him as a rapper but that's another topic. His stans get offended when you say he makes pop music but it's a fact. He does the Hold On's then he'll jump on Future's sound to get that crowd.

Now again that does not make Drake the best rapper, it's a few dudes that are better than him and make better HIP HOP MUSIC.

Last edited:
Jay would never be bigger than drake because pop is always gonna be bigger than rap. Bartolomeo from Connecticut can't relate to vol 1 but views might be right up his alley. But let's not act like camel wasn't huge even back then. He's as big as it gets as a rapper, dude had mj on stage, sold reebok, made dudes wear button ups etc.

I agree with that. If we couldn't get free music right now Drake would be selling 6+ mil. Drake is a talented, smart dude. He's a good enough signer to make these catchy radio records for the pop crowd and he's a good enough rapper to still be accepted in hip hop, now the ghostwriting **** has hurt him as a rapper but that's another topic. His stans get offended when you say he makes pop music but it's a fact. He does the Hold On's then he'll jump on Future's sound to get that crowd.

Now again that does not make Drake the best rapper, it's a few dudes that are better than him and make better HIP HOP MUSIC.
agree with everything you said bro lol
but drake isn't solely a pop artist or solely a rapper
he does both
which is what i was trying to say earlier
so just because he's not your typical rapper doesn't mean he isn't one at all

Jay would never be bigger than drake because pop is always gonna be bigger than rap. Bartolomeo from Connecticut can't relate to vol 1 but views might be right up his alley. But let's not act like camel wasn't huge even back then. He's as big as it gets as a rapper, dude had mj on stage, sold reebok, made dudes wear button ups etc.

Bartolomeo lmfao :lol:

These big corporations can always jump behind drakes biggest tracks or most popular songs. U won't here what we do or where I'm from in commercials/movies/tv shows but those are classic songs to 99% of rap fans.

What demographics is Drake touching that Jay didn't?? Jay transcended just being a rapper after BP1. features with Mick Jackson, Showtime specials, Sneaker Deals etc etc dude was out there. Ja Rule, DMX, Nelly etc etc were all at one point just as popular if not more popular

dudes really be acting like he's doing unprecedented things, Wayne just 5-6 years ago was in the same space

Teenage white girls never fanned out for Hov the way they would for a Wayne or Drake; certainly not in the same era as a Nelly or Em...

who is mick jackson

what crossover song did Hov have that was on the level of a Lollipop or Hotline Bling

his biggest song until Empire State of Mind was probably Hard Knock Life

Hov made some crazy business deals but that's where most of his celebrity/legend comes from along with the power couple thing he has going with beyonce...how he's grown since the new millennium

For us to even be having this conversation to compare the two when Drake is still maybe not even at his prime popularity in music yet and hasn't really even touched the world of business or ACTING (where he really has the potential to have a whole another two more decades of being relevant to the point in 2035 kids might not even know he used to do music)

that already answers the question

since 2011 drake objectively has been the biggest rapper...you can't say that for any stretch more than a year or two about Hov...there was always DMX, Em, Nelly or 50

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom