**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

Bro...the NMD shoe is designed by Kanye too. It has many colorways, plenty GR and is currently selling like crazy. To say ppl only buying yeezys cuz they limited at THIS point is just hating. Like if he GRd yeezys today they'd still sell out... the whole point of making the shoes limited is to increase the hype till one day you can have a GR model and will cop steadily

You still don't get it, Jay-Z is bigger than music. He doesn't need music.

He's Will Smith. You don't associate Will Smith as a rapper. You look at Jay-Z as Jay-Z. They show Jay-Z at a basketball game, he's Jay-Z.

Jay-Z's popularity is far bigger than record sales.
but we were talking about music so idk why you changed the subject talking about shoes lol

I remember when everybody had the same dots in high school. Pops copped me the black and greens and I rocked it with a Celtics nike rewind fit (nike and reebok I know). If u ain't have a pair back then u wasn't ****, the dipset wave had to be in prime form Cuz dudes were rocking the blk and pink joints too.

Bro...the NMD shoe is designed by Kanye too.

First I'm hearing of this. Where did you hear/read this?

I wonder at what point does Adidas have to start mass producing his kicks to make up for the clothes.

Adidas was only involved with the first season.

Season 2+3 he funded himself. I don't think those ever released though. Him financing the clothes on his own is where all the talk of "debt" came from.

Not sure about Season 4.

At some point there will be more Yeezy branded clothes with Adidas' involvement though along with the stores.

I expect Adidas to have more input on the designs moving forward.

Last edited:
I'm gonna hold my L :lol: apparently the same dude who did the yeezy boost did the NMD.

But still though you gotta admit adidas endorsing Kanye was definitely a W...adidas is cool now to the kids. When I was coming up, it was Nike Jordan everything...rarely saw ppl in adidas. Today I'll prolly see an NMD before I see a flyknit

Last edited:
Nelly was hardcore at first, then went the Flo Rida route.
you're right, except Nelly poured and paved da lane himself that Flo-Rida drives on today.

Last edited:
I thought Kanye was making affordable clothes for everyone to wear ....

This is the dude that want to be transcendent and talks about building a brand for the less fortunate youth and yet everything he makes is unafordable for the people he spoke about.

Dude is such a fraud

When have record sales mattered in hip hop to anyone else but Universal, Sony....?

Adele sold a lot of records, that means what?

Vanilla Ice is better than Rakim?

Sales means you're pop, which isn't in it's essence hip hop, which was made to be counter culture

Last edited:
Hold up so you don't think Adele can sing or deserve those high sales?

Her albums are flames...

Last edited:
Adele record sales are cause she can sign. I changed the subject because I was hearing too much blasphemy and now we Adeles record sales mean nothing?

SMH ....

That's what I mean...when you don't like a certain genre or person everything they do is whatever. People have different taste and views...

Last edited:
Jill Scott can't sing, because she doesn't sell like Adele?

There's a lot more to Adele selling than she can sing

Same with Taylor Swift

Adele and Taylor are the best singers because they can sing? Popularity should mean little to fans of actual music.

Last edited:
Nawl B Adele can sing....And her music is great.

Problem with Jill Scott, Jagged Edge, Jahiem, etc

They don't adapt to time...You heard one album, you heard them all.

Just like KEM. :lol:

Their whole catalog sounds exactly the same. It wasn't until Jill's last album, she changed it up. By then, it's too late.

Last edited:
Jill Scott can't sing, because she doesn't sell like Adele?

There's a lot more to Adele selling than she can sing

Same with Taylor Swift

Adele and Taylor are the best singers because they can sing? Popularity should mean little to fans of actual music.
even if I was to agree ... What that tells you? Just cause you think they aren't the best, the majority makes them the hottest.

That's why you need the total package ... People have to like you and connect or at least agree with you. They don't you could be the greatest and it all will go to the wayside.

BTW, why is it so hard to differentiate between what's the best or what's the hottest or most popular? After all it's all opinion base minus the sales record which are facts.

Last edited:

Their whole catalog sounds exactly the same. It wasn't until Jill's last album, she changed it up. By then, it's too late.

What is adapting to the time when it comes to being a singer? What's is this new style Adele brings to the table?

Painting yourself white and becoming Adele and Justin Timberlake?

What is adapting to the time when it comes to being a singer? What's is this new style Adele brings to the table?

I'm not going to sit here and say that you aren't partially right but I be damn if I will agree that they dont have talent.

Acting like them cats don't have no talent ... Nonsense BS.

Whitney Houston was black and was dominating the charts sales and popularity during her times ... Not seeing your logic ...

Acting like Jennifer Hudson, Fantasia, Jordan Sparks, etc weren't doing well ... Come on.

Last edited:

Yup. I've used this example before.

While Adele is a great singer Jill is too. Same with Sam Smith and Anthony Hamilton.

White folks can make soul R&B and sell nowadays.

When have record sales mattered in hip hop to anyone else but Universal, Sony....?

Adele sold a lot of records, that means what?

Vanilla Ice is better than Rakim?

Sales means you're pop, which isn't in it's essence hip hop, which was made to be counter culture
sales show how popular you are which is what we were talking about lol
anything to discredit drake
nobody said his sales made him better than hov

Back
Top Bottom