**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

Apple Music does not mean Free.

It also did not do better than DC4. It was streamed 57 million times...which they said equaled 38k in traditional album sales

Last edited:
Meek doesn't have an excuse. Chance put coloring book out for free & that still did better than this despite him not having nearly the fan base or being around as long

If Chance's project did "better", then he just might have "nearly the fan base".

Dude just did his own festival :lol:

Meek doesn't have an excuse. Chance put coloring book out for free & that still did better than this despite him not having nearly the fan base or being around as long

Nearly the fanbase?

Chance The Rapper just headlined his own festival in a MLB stadium my guy.

Also been headlining tons of other festivals and is getting pushed by Apple.

Don't be confused by Meek's IG follows, Chance is a much bigger deal in music right now and also his fanbase is a lot more diverse than just rap which is what Meek has to rely on.

This proves my point. ****** talking sales and nobody really has a clear understanding of how the metrics work now.

What exactly are ya'll arguing about in here :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rae sremmurd is doing their own festival in their own city. It rly aint that big of a deal. It's almost fair to argue dude is a plant also

Chance numbers aint better and dude actually promoted his project

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say those two festivals are not even remotely comparable :lol:

What is this "plant" nonsense as well? I see that term thrown around about artists all the time.

What about Chance would make him a "plant"? Genuinely curious.

I don't care if you call him a plant or not.

The guise of Chance being this "independent" artist is fraudulent as hell.

A blind man can see that.

Nearly the fanbase?

Chance The Rapper just headlined his own festival in a MLB stadium my guy.

Also been headlining tons of other festivals and is getting pushed by Apple.

Don't be confused by Meek's IG follows, Chance is a much bigger deal in music right now and also his fanbase is a lot more diverse than just rap which is what Meek has to rely on.
You're missing the point. Chance only had all that success after he released that last project & his ULB verse. Prior to that he had no buzz with just a couple projects, and his fanbase was a much smaller cult following. Only now is he mainstream. Not to mention that festival was in his hometown.

But Meek has how many projects over the years & still flops? There's no excuse, dude is done.

Last edited:
You missing the point. Chance only had all that success after he released that last project & his ULB verse. Prior to that he had no buzz with just a couple projects.
You missing the point. You think Chance "did better". He didn't.

The "numbers" say Chance did 37K. Meek did 75.

What are you saying right now?

He is independent (funded by Apple :lol:)

And people really think dude is independent doing it on his own smh

Last edited:
DC4 is really solid... Some quality tracks on that tape... And I haven't cared for a Meek project in quite some time...

Reading through some of these comments, I'd agree that the tone of this thread towards this project would be totally different if this Drake/Meek feud didn't exist... A lot of these reactions are laughable...

Chance had "no buzz" after Acid Rap? Interesting.

I wasn't looking for a re-wording. I'm curious as to what makes him a "plant" or faux-independent or whatever it is y'all believe him to be.

Because I think the definition of "independent" is getting more and more vague in general.

Last edited:
DC4 is really solid... Some quality tracks on that tape... And I haven't cared for a Meek project in quite some time...

Reading through some of these comments, I'd agree that the tone of this thread towards this project would be totally different if this Drake/Meek feud didn't exist... A lot of these reactions are laughable...

Or people just don't like it ....tape was mediocre no matter how you slice it

No Problems all over the radio and at least a contender for song of the summer.

He definitely also had a buzz prior to this year. He was the first independent artist to do SNL and I remember being at white parties where they knew random Soundcloud cuts of his word for word. Also walked in on my little sister singing Sunday Candy one day. That ***** outta here.

Also curious as to what makes him "fake independent"?
nerd.gif

Is he fake independent or does he just have a good team and good management? Is 21 Savage fake independent too?

If you want to attribute having the backing of a company worth 700 billion to having a "good team"...so be it.

That wouldn't make his team good...that would make his team the best damn team of all time and some.

21 Savage "fake independent" :rofl:

If we are going the faux independent route, I'm pretty sure that was originally Macklemore.

Logic is another one.

I know for a fact he was signed to DefJam a good 2 and half years before it was "announced".

If you want to attribute having the backing of a company worth 700 billion to having a "good team"...so be it.

That wouldn't make his team good...that would make his team the best damn team of all time and some.
Releasing a project or two through Apple exclusively for 2 weeks means he has their "backing"?

He did Surf and Coloring Book through them but streamed his Festival through Tidal. 

I'm not tryna come at you I want genuine clarification. I thought he was signed to them too but illphillip (who I presume is in the music or radio industry to some degree) brought up the good point that that was only for that project.

I've spoke on Chance before (can't remember the thread) but he was doing it before the Apple deal and he was really doing it indie. To say his team is A1 would be an understatement tho 
laugh.gif
. He has real movers behind him starting with Cara Lewis.

I wouldn't say that qualifies him as being "fake independent" tho.
Because I think the definition of "independent" is getting more and more vague in general.
It definitely is. There's a huge grey area in between "local buzz" and "major deal" where a lot of **** can happen, a lot of money can be made, etc that people don't really understand

Logic is another one.

I know for a fact he was signed to DefJam a good 2 and half years before it was "announced".
Logic admitted this himself I think

Last edited:

Logic is another one.

I do feel like since Drake, artists are marketed as being independent longer than they actually are.

I remember reading that Drake was on YM long before it was an official thing. I think Wayne even funded some of So Far Gone.

It's all really just marketing. In 1996 they'd send you to a radio station with new music, but since the consumer has changed to identify more with independent/grassroots movements, they keep the label ties lowkey and just continue to push you as an independent/mixtape artist.

Atlantic has been in the descriptions of Uzi's music videos on YouTube since at least summer 2015. Before his "breakout" project that fall. Labels just adapted how they marketed new artists.

Chance Festival (most famous city in it's state)
US Cellular Field (40k capacity)
Lil Wayne/2 Chainz
Lil Uzi
Thug
Tyler
Alicia
John Legend

Rae Festival (in the middle of nowhere)
Bancorp South (10k capacity )
Diplo
Dolph
Krit

You're rite its two different festivals but we all know which one would be harder to sell. At the end of the day Meek packed out Wells Fargo wit 3 artists & Khaled Im pretty sure he could have a festival in his backyard

View media item 2218476

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom