Official Mens Suits Thread ---- Post all Questions and Tips here...

I've been leaning back towards 2-button suits a little more lately. Regardless, to the people who were talking about where the top button should fall,personally I think it looks best in between where your ribs meet and above that "button" (I forget the correct term for it). That sounds reallysuspect, just go with it though.

i was actually just shopping around for suits ad tie and what not these few weeks this is going to help me a lot

What are some good places to get some nice inexpensive french cuff shirts, pants & ties etc?

YO!

Sart's blog is a wonderful thing.
smile.gif

DF!!!

i need more clothes by this weekend. i am gonna go back to h+m for pants and shirts cause i really like the fit. but where do i get ties that aren't sowide? all h+m has is skinny ties with the flat bottom and i think that would be frowned upon at work, where can i find a happy medium?

Went to H&M today and it was VERY VERY crowded. like it wasn't even necessary. I saw the suit you were talking about RFX but the material look realwrinkled. I don't know if thats how it is or it was because it was just shoved into the rack.

damn those are pricey. i'll still check out jcrew this weekend though maybe get 1 or 2 to tide me over for a while. any other stores i should check?

Prom
jb4q2s.jpg

After
n502632395_939709_7483.jpg

Weekend
n1374360893_30685460_7915.jpg

As for the shoe criticism....I did not wear those to prom as they did look too informal with my suit.

Got nice shoes from Hugo Boss but do not have pics other than this
418BXRJWKEL._AA280_.jpg

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Went to H&M today and it was VERY VERY crowded. like it wasn't even necessary. I saw the suit you were talking about RFX but the material look real wrinkled. I don't know if thats how it is or it was because it was just shoved into the rack.

How much was it? And did they have a wide variety of fitted suits? I plan on hitting up the store this week.

Went to H&M today and it was VERY VERY crowded. like it wasn't even necessary. I saw the suit you were talking about RFX but the material look real wrinkled. I don't know if thats how it is or it was because it was just shoved into the rack.
If I had to guess, there was a good chance you saw their linen suits. They tend to release it during summertime since it is a lighter material and alot cooler than cotton or wool. Did it come in black and brown I believe? I went to H&M yesterday as well and saw those. I also saw a seesucker suit with avest that I really liked except the vest and suit jacket was paired with a matching shorts and not pants. I was highly disappointed. At H&M though, I didsee that they had the regular suit, which cost about $50 and the slacks that matched with it for around $30. It came in black and dark grey.

Zara had some good suits too, except their more expensive. A decent suit from them will cost about $200-$250. The fit is very similar to H&M with a littlebetter quality and they have a much better selection.

And oh yeah, I have not read through this whole thread but can someone tell me what you think about Tom James suits? A guy I used to work with swore by themand got all his shirts and suits from them.

Originally Posted by Vince Dirty

Prom
jb4q2s.jpg

After

Weekend

As for the shoe criticism....I did not wear those to prom as they did look too informal with my suit.

418BXRJWKEL._AA280_.jpg

You go to school in BK? Cuz I think I recognize the background for that prom pic.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

If I had to guess, there was a good chance you saw their linen suits. They tend to release it during summertime since it is a lighter material and a lot cooler than cotton or wool. Did it come in black and brown I believe? I went to H&M yesterday as well and saw those. I also saw a seesucker suit with a vest that I really liked except the vest and suit jacket was paired with a matching shorts and not pants. I was highly disappointed. At H&M though, I did see that they had the regular suit, which cost about $50 and the slacks that matched with it for around $30. It came in black and dark grey.

Zara had some good suits too, except their more expensive. A decent suit from them will cost about $200-$250. The fit is very similar to H&M with a little better quality and they have a much better selection.

I've never heard of Zara..Are their suits sold in H&M or another store by you?

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Originally Posted by RFX45

If I had to guess, there was a good chance you saw their linen suits. They tend to release it during summertime since it is a lighter material and a lot cooler than cotton or wool. Did it come in black and brown I believe? I went to H&M yesterday as well and saw those. I also saw a seesucker suit with a vest that I really liked except the vest and suit jacket was paired with a matching shorts and not pants. I was highly disappointed. At H&M though, I did see that they had the regular suit, which cost about $50 and the slacks that matched with it for around $30. It came in black and dark grey.

Zara had some good suits too, except their more expensive. A decent suit from them will cost about $200-$250. The fit is very similar to H&M with a little better quality and they have a much better selection.

I've never heard of Zara..Are their suits sold in H&M or another store by you?
Zara is actually another store that is very similar to H&M, their style and fashion is up to date, they can usually go from the drawing board toproduction within a month so their really up to date. Their quality is better than H&M but they are also slightly more expensive. They also have morebusiness type of clothes, lots of button down, suits, suit separates, trench coats and even some nice looking dress shoes. It is like a more modern Express butwith better fit. probably the same quality as Express but cheaper.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Originally Posted by Vince Dirty

Prom
jb4q2s.jpg

After

Weekend

418BXRJWKEL._AA280_.jpg

You go to school in BK? Cuz I think I recognize the background for that prom pic.
nerd.gif

No I got to school in Westchester (Scarsdale)...My Prom was at Stage 6 in Brooklyn though that picture was taken at my high school

I'll be attending an ALL BLACK cocktail party.. My options are limited but do any of you all have any suggestions on some different fits?

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

I'll be attending an ALL BLACK cocktail party.. My options are limited but do any of you all have any suggestions on some different fits?

Can't find the article but I remember reading about dark shirt/dark tie combo in GQ. They said to have subtle differences in texture to avoid the RegisPhilbin look... I'll keep looking but I think the main idea is to avoid the shiny solid Vegas tie/regis/cocktail waiter look at all costs.

Originally Posted by Mr Subliminals

For an all black event, there really isn't much you can choose from other than changing something here in there. Obviously, you have to wear allblac, you just have to decide if you want a suit or a tux? A one-button suit or tux is ideal. Tie or bow tie? Type of collar? Wide lapels or narrow lapels?Peak lapel or notch lapel? Regular black shirt or a black tux shirt? With all those being black as it is necessary for the event, there really isn't muchthat can be added or chnaged.

For the H&M suits, how much are the wool slim fit suits?

And i'm assuming the linen suits are cheaper?

^^^ The wool suits will cost no more than $150, probably less. The linen suits are cheaper, I believe $40-$60 for the jacket and about $30-$40 for the pants.

Can someone tell me what you think about Tom James suits? A guy I used to work with swore by them and got all his shirts and suits from them.

thank ya RFX.

i just got back from H&M

the Wool suit altogether cost me 75 bucks.

not too shabby.

Back
Top Bottom