Official Mens Suits Thread ---- Post all Questions and Tips here...

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i was at target yesterday, they actually had some decent ties.
Target does have decent ties, their also narrower than the typical tie. Other Target's has better selection than others though.

How much would it cost to tailor something similar to this?

00009f.jpg

Originally Posted by I3

How much would it cost to tailor something similar to this?

00009f.jpg
That question is a bit too vague. It will all depend on the suit's material, the amount of alterations needed and the tailor. Some materials mightbe harder to work with so the tailor will charge more. The sleeves might need to be shorten however if it has a working sleeve buttons, then it might not bepossible to be altered or has to be altered through the shoulders, which I have been qouted from $75-$150+. Then each tailor charges differently, one tailormay charge $7 to shorten and taper the suit pants while another might charge $15-$20 with the same quality of work. There are too many factors to consider. Thebody shape will play a role on it as well.

bump

quick question:
what's a good time/situation to wear a suit with one of those like real thin chain things that are in the middle of the suit? i hope someone knows what imtalking about. ive always thought those looked good

Originally Posted by cs02132

bump

quick question:
what's a good time/situation to wear a suit with one of those like real thin chain things that are in the middle of the suit? i hope someone knows what im talking about. ive always thought those looked good
Do you mean the chain that comes with a pocket watch? Or like the chain worn with a zoot suit? I believe those are just longer chains for a pocketwatch as well.
50970917.jpg
watch.jpg
1558850481.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Most of my suits that are like the ones pictured in the last couple pics are all custom made. I've spent $ on Zegna, Hugo Boss stuff, etc. they're goodbut just not as good fitting as the ones I have tailored. If they say "dress for the job you want to have" it is certainly worth every single pennyyou spend on a moderately priced custom made suit even if you're paying a little premium over the off the rack ones. It really goes a long way...

As for the details, I'm partial to shirts from TM Lewin nowadays until I find another brand I can mess with that makes good spread collared shirts.

Here's a pic of one just to get an idea:

20941_l.jpg

Their tie and shirt combos on the site aren't anything breathtaking but their shirts are pretty good, some of my favorite casual shirts are from them aswell. Good cut (especially the slim windsor collar ones). My only thing with them is that most of them are plain which is fine when I'm looking for theplain stuff.

I discovered it when I was in London they were having a good sale so I picked some up and I've been ordering from them since. The collars are just exactlythe way I like it, they showcase any tie I put with them as long as they complement each other and it just gives a clean silhouette around the chest area.Other details like cuff links (I like mine understated) says alot about you as well. As for shoes, I have a variety from classic to contemporary here are somepairs I have I'd recommend anyone:

Bristol_Lg.jpg

Santoni Bristol $565, probably one of the most comfortably supportive shoes you'd wear.

I own them in black and brown, although I hardly wear the black

smo123_zi_black

Bruno Magli Ranuncolo, something like $375, real soft leather

SFN3759_mn.jpg

Ferragamo Lion, understated, yet still has character. I wear them once in a while. I think they were $395 when I got them.

Jadwin_Lg.jpg

Santoni Jadwin, $565 most likely going to be my next brown pair. A little different than the conventional, definitely a gentleman's shoe.

Hayward_Lg.jpg

Santoni Hayward, I really would like to add these to my wardrobe but can't really do a G stack on these yet until I get a real job or somethin'

^Yeah. Wearing pinstripes to an interview is mad tacky. A navy/grey suit with a white shirt and tie would be a good bet.

Question: How long will 1-button suites be in style?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by cs02132

bump

quick question:
what's a good time/situation to wear a suit with one of those like real thin chain things that are in the middle of the suit? i hope someone knows what im talking about. ive always thought those looked good
Do you mean the chain that comes with a pocket watch? Or like the chain worn with a zoot suit? I believe those are just longer chains for a pocket watch as well.
50970917.jpg
watch.jpg
1558850481.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

i mean like one of these that the guy on the left is wearing

oceans11pub9.jpg

Originally Posted by airmaxes

smo123_zi_black

Bruno Magli Ranuncolo, something like $375, real soft leather

I own the loafer. It killed my feet the first couple days but now they're the most comfortable shoe I own, including athletic shoes. The Napa leather isthe softest in the world so the stretch is incredible. I'm a full size smaller in those.

Yo do you guys do those Pocket Sqaure Tie combos or buy Pocket Squares by themselves? Because the Combos usually suck.

Originally Posted by jm2000

Question: How long will 1-button suites be in style?
I find 1 button suits to only work for tuxes or sport coats. In those cases, I could imagine it being in style for a good while, if not forever. Asa 1-button suit itself, I don't really think it is in style now, or ever. At least it not to a point where it overshadows a 2-button or 3-button suit.

As for pocket squares, I always just try to match the colors as best as possible. I don't really buy it as a set but I could see the convenience in buyingit as a set.

Real talk where do you find a good slim fit shirt with french cuffs for under $200?Alfani slim fits are baggier than Dior regulars.Is Brooks Brothers any goodas far as slim goes?

Nice fitting suit HBkid, the suit sleeves could have been short by a quarter-to-half an inch and show more dress shirt sleeves. A little tapering in t hepants, from the knee cap below and taper sleeves but that isn't much of a big deal. Just litttle tidbits and bit nit-picky in my part. The suit looks greatnonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom