OFFICIAL Minnesota T-Wolves Offseason thread

9-2 in January, that's got to be close to the best record in 2009. Nobody wants it with Minny this year.
laugh.gif

Let's keep the hope alive. This is fun.

great game by al jefferson, dude is one of my fav players in the league.

"I hope he gets in, because he deserves it you know," Randy Foye said. "He's the leader of this team, leading scorer, leading rebounder, and we're one of the hottest teams in the league. … If he doesn't get in, all of us know that he's an All-Star from the way he plays."

woah foye, you guys are like 15 games under .500

Originally Posted by 531

"I hope he gets in, because he deserves it you know," Randy Foye said. "He's the leader of this team, leading scorer, leading rebounder, and we're one of the hottest teams in the league. … If he doesn't get in, all of us know that he's an All-Star from the way he plays."

He means hottest team RIGHT NOW. And after some research...THEY ARE! Best record in January.

Originally Posted by 531

Hottest = how well they're playing at this particular time (past not being a factor)

I believe we're 9-2 in January which is the best record so far in the new year...you wouldn't say were a hot team?

laugh.gif
got dang this is getting insane
eek.gif

I do love though how Wolves have seemingly won about 20 games in a row yet they still have the 24th-worst record in the league
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

My man K Love still doin big things on the boards, this kid now in his last 28 games is averaging 9.7 REB playing only 23 mins per game....which is encouragingbecause this is a time many rookie big men start to breakdown and slide. Kid is extremely active when he is in the game which is fun to see.

Al Jeff is Mr. Consistent on offense....dude averaged 22 PPG and 10.2 REB in November, 23 PPG and 10.4 REB in December, and22.6 PPG and 11.5 REB in January.

Randy Foye before McHale took over: 13.1 PPG on .41% shooting.
Randy Foye after McHale took over: 18.8 PPG on 45% shooting.

Wolves are now 11-4 in their last 15 games, after starting 4-23.

I think this also proves what we said along, that Randy Wittman is one of the worst NBA coaches ever.

I heard Wittman was very good with Xs & Os but the way he went about motivating and treating the players was terrible which is what led to his firing. Youcan't be the type of coach that keeps players on such a short leash and yells at them when they make mistakes when the majority of you guys are youngplayers learning on the job.

^Yup.

To be an NBA coach you gotta be a different breed really. Unmotivated vets, 100 mil players, 19 yr old rookies, guys all thinkin they are the man, etc.

Wittman knows ball but just was never cut out for the head master job.

From the quotes that have come out from players the past few weeks guys are litterally jumping up and down that McHale is there and Witt is not, and how at theend of the day guys just need to go out and play....especially when you are 3-25.

Excited to keep following this, just getting out of the league's basement is a step we havent had in a long time.

Timberwolves getting some love on PTI
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

Let's get it tonight .vs. Milwaukee..last time we played them (Jan. 10th) Redd had 32 points so them playing without him will help us out I think. Stoppingtheir bigs Richard Jefferson and Villanueva will be the key to beating them tonight +..let's get it done
96736f7b1b3c8d12584de2d34682b95d1158dcac.gif
, hopefully we can take advantage of Bogut not playing as well. TheBucks are riddled with injuries so lets not back.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Let's get it tonight .vs. Milwaukee..last time we played them (Jan. 10th) Redd had 32 points so them playing without him will help us out I think. Stopping their bigs Richard Jefferson and Villanueva will be the key to beating them tonight +..let's get it done
, hopefully we can take advantage of Bogut not playing as well. The Bucks are riddled with injuries so lets not back.

What did they say? I bet Wilbon did the talking because I'm guessing Kornheiser is clueless as to what the Wolves are doing.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Let's get it tonight .vs. Milwaukee..last time we played them (Jan. 10th) Redd had 32 points so them playing without him will help us out I think. Stopping their bigs Richard Jefferson and Villanueva will be the key to beating them tonight +..let's get it done
, hopefully we can take advantage of Bogut not playing as well. The Bucks are riddled with injuries so lets not back.

What did they say? I bet Wilbon did the talking because I'm guessing Kornheiser is clueless as to what the Wolves are doing.
It wasn't even a big deal
laugh.gif
...it was one of those Mail Time things..Ithink it said, "Since the new year started the Timberwolves own the best record at 9-2 and a lot of their players are stepping up and playing well. Shoulda lot of this success be owed to Kevin McHale coaching?"

And then they talked about it for like 15 seconds..10 seconds of Kornheiser trying to guess the name of Kevin Love's uncle who is a Beach Boy

It wasn't even a big deal
laugh.gif
...it was one of those Mail Time things..I think it said, "Since the new year started the Timberwolves own the best record at 9-2 and a lot of their players are stepping up and playing well. Should a lot of this success be owed to Kevin McHale coaching?"

And then they talked about it for like 15 seconds..10 seconds of Kornheiser trying to guess the name of Kevin Love's uncle who is a Beach Boy

laugh.gif
Figures. TK is goofy, he knows some stuff about sports, but his role on PTI is straight comedy. I like him on PTI though. MNF is another story.

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

telfair is finally turning the corner. now he just gotta stay consistent

Word. He always played well last year when given good minutes, but now with foye at the SG full-time and no other real threat at PG, he doesn't have tolook over his shoulder all the time. I like Telfair, and if he can develop a jump shot he would be just what the doctor ordered for a PG in Minnesota.

Gametime. Hopefully the TWolves win of course, and Charlie V. scores all the points for the Bucks (for fantasy purposes).
I got him too
f41369041c7c83a25915e21049eeb1c02dad9d94.gif

Gametime. Hopefully the TWolves win of course, and Charlie V. scores all the points for the Bucks (for fantasy purposes).

great win last night...earlier in the season, you know the wolves would have folded at the end there when it got close.

good to see em stick with it. miller made a HUGE three too, but he's still struggling.

laugh.gif
was at the bar Friday night downtown Mnpls and in just this oneestablishment had these dudes spread out in it after midnight:

Mike Miller
Corey Brewer
JB Bickerstaff
Ed Pinckney
Mark Rosen
Henry Lake

Miller looked like a french painter....had the wire glasses, the hat, the scarf.....you had to see it.

Guys celebrating the win
pimp.gif

Really happy to see some of the former Cs getting some wins. Especially Big Al. Just mesmerizing when he catches that ball in the low post. I really misswatching this kid play.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

laugh.gif
was at the bar Friday night downtown Mnpls and in just this one establishment had these dudes spread out in it after midnight:

Mike Miller
Corey Brewer
JB Bickerstaff
Ed Pinckney
Mark Rosen
Henry Lake

Miller looked like a french painter....had the wire glasses, the hat, the scarf.....you had to see it.

Guys celebrating the win
pimp.gif

I can see Miller in that. We have to remember he's from SD so his fashion sense might be a big lagging.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

laugh.gif
was at the bar Friday night downtown Mnpls and in just this one establishment had these dudes spread out in it after midnight:

Mike Miller
Corey Brewer
JB Bickerstaff
Ed Pinckney
Mark Rosen
Henry Lake

Guys celebrating the win
pimp.gif
where'd you see em at?

Back
Top Bottom