OFFICIAL Minnesota Twins 2009 Season Thread (87-76)---> AL CENTRAL CHAMPS! Great season guys.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Right, I don't know what I'm talking about; R.A. Dickey is young.

Told you.
smile.gif

KLJ got ya'll
laugh.gif

R.A. Dickey is 34...far from a young pitcher.

Originally Posted by JPZx

KLJ got ya'll
laugh.gif

R.A. Dickey is 34...far from a young pitcher.

Yeah, He's not young..Really aint that old, but I was meaning more along the lines of as a Knuckleballer but flubbed up a bit.

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

I'll be at the game tomorrow. Can't wait. Go Twins...

Just purchased a ticket for when they come visit Seattle...It's the best I can do
laugh.gif
My goal is to catch a homerun ball by the Mariners and throw it backand get booed. That would be glorious. I would only keep it if it were from Griff or Ichi

Nothing wrong with that Paul. Two things will forever remain certain with me. The Twins will always be my favorite team and Griffey will always be myfavorite player.

Opening Day is upon us. T-44 minutes until Johan hits the mound.
pimp.gif

162-0!!!!!!!

waiting for the cable guy to come so I can head down to the game early. I'm guessing Griff' will be in the field since Ichiro is injured? I hope soat least!

Go twins!!

Blackburn .vs. Bedard today...pretty good match-up. Delmon's getting his first start today
smokin.gif

Bad news...something could be wrong with Redmond.
MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Twins catcher Mike Redmond survived the bat shard that hit him in the shoulder, near the neck. Redmond hurt his groin muscle running out a groundball, however, causing his team concern.

Manager Ron Gardenhire said after Minnesota's 6-1 loss to Seattle that Redmond would be re-evaluated Tuesday.

"We'll have to wait and see what the doctors say," Gardenhire said. "That's not a good thing."

With All-Star Joe Mauer already out because of inflammation in his lower back, any injury to the Redmond would be costly. Jose Morales, who has four career major league at-bats, is the other backup.

The 37-year-old Redmond was hit by the broken bat in the fifth, but he stayed in the game and led off the bottom of the inning with a double for the Twins' only extra-base hit.

"That's Redmond for you," teammate Denard Span. "He's a tough guy."

Originally Posted by nnarum

Hopefully we round tonight. Anyone going?
I was there. Going tonight too, can't make the Thursday day game though. Pitch count board is broken already
laugh.gif
Metrodome is gonna be in embarrassing condition come October, doubt they'llbother fixing anything.

Wouldn't it be nice to get out to a 3-1 start? Games on early over here on the West Coast, but thankfully I have a day off to check out the full game. GoTwins!

Yeah, he's a bum. I don't understand how he was effective with us a number of times but he's terrible for the Mariners. He's only 29 so age isnot a factor.

Granted, he did have a lot of rough spots with us, but he also had some bright moments as well. He's been consistently terrible for Seattle.

Ugh..we had a threat there and Span and Casilla both came up empty
mad.gif

Washburn is pitching great. I wonder if Wakamatsu will send him out there for the 9th.

Marrow has the exact same circumstances as he did two days ago. Bottom of the 9th...2 run lead...

Will it happen again?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

EDIT: Cuddyer walks
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daglove20

uh oh here comes Marrow again
smh.gif
He needs to get his ++@+ together man, he's got the stuff but....Mental midgets FTL
tired.gif

Whew Marrow bounced back! Good series Twins fans, I still think the Mariners should've taken 3 out of 4 since IMO no team should give up 3 runs in the 9thlike Tuesday. But I won't discount the Twin's efforts that night, congratulations on your new ballpark and goodluck the rest of the season!

Ehh...good series, we could have done much better though. In our two losses, our run total was 1
sick.gif
...we need to get the offense producing consistently.

Impressed with all of the Mariners' SP's except Silva....also, Marrow seems kind of shaky but I'm sure he'll be fine.

Next up...

chicago_white_sox_logo.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Impressed with all of the Mariners' SP's except Silva....also, Marrow seems kind of shaky but I'm sure he'll be fine.
and thats the thing that scares me....but its not like they cant put him in any other position. If he can get some confidence man he can beeffective being a closer but we'll see..he did come thru today

Good series
pimp.gif

#$#(* MLB TV... the game was fine up until the bottom of the 9th... Then it was just stuck on the MLB TV commercial looped... I missed the entire bottom of the9th...
huffy.gif
huffy.gif
huffy.gif

Back
Top Bottom