OFFICIAL Minnesota Twins 2009 Season Thread (87-76)---> AL CENTRAL CHAMPS! Great season guys.

Originally Posted by daglove20

Whew Marrow bounced back! Good series Twins fans, I still think the Mariners should've taken 3 out of 4 since IMO no team should give up 3 runs in the 9th like Tuesday. But I won't discount the Twin's efforts that night, congratulations on your new ballpark and goodluck the rest of the season!
definitely should've been a 3 win series. thanks to morrow... but glad he bounced back this afternoon.

on to oakland.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

#$#(* MLB TV... the game was fine up until the bottom of the 9th... Then it was just stuck on the MLB TV commercial looped... I missed the entire bottom of the 9th...
huffy.gif
huffy.gif
huffy.gif
mlb.tv seems like it hasn't gotten any better in the 3 years i've been a member. i paid for premium for the second straight season and theHD feed is always either behind, or it stutters. and i missed part of the 9th until i clicked live on the dvr thingy. smh...

Weird, the Twins got shut out.

Hopefully theyre well on their way to leading the MLB in times being shut out for the THIRD straight season.

Time to pound the Sox.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Time to pound the Sox.

pimp.gif

And... Another day, same results. The Tigers lose and the Indians are getting pounded...
pimp.gif

Hopefully the Royals can beat the ChiSox today... 0-0 through 7 so far in that game.

^ Yeah, that's what I made it for at least.

Halladay pitching..I don't like this matchup for us. I wish we could've taken the game yesterday, but obviously...we were outplayed. Baker looksreally shaky out there...I do not think he's anywhere near 100%.

By the way, when is the last time we had a timely homer to take over the lead? It seems like the Mariners, Sox, Jays have all done that against us multipletimes so far this season.

Ugh...with a pitcher like this we can't afford to leave runners on base.

Liriano got out of a jam there.

There's your ballgame folks.

Only winning 1 of 4 at home against any team is pathetic.

We just need to beat our divisional rivals... That's the easiest way to make up games...
smh.gif

I think we have all let out a collective "ugh" watching this season so far. We are simply BAD right now. A couple observations...

-Where did the base stealing go? No longer aggressive stealing besides Denard Span

-For a team that does not rely on hitting home runs we CERTAINLY strike out a lot.

-Our unaddressed bullpen in the offseason, by no surpise, sucks. Can you expect Guerrier to simply fix everything? He has ZERO out pitches and does not havegreat command. I can't explain Breslow, he pitched great last season and in spring training but hasn't pitched well at all this year. Ayala throws 87without a good breaking pitch, can you expect him to get batters out? Crain has actually looked improved.

-Brendan Harris is hot. Play him then. But his role won't change.

-We've given up 16 home runs while hitting 7. We've been outscored something like 68 to 35, with 12 of those 35 coming in one game. That's allanyone needs to know.

It's early, but it's looking like that over achieving pitching staff of ours is starting to show true colors maybe? I don't know.

Jason Kubel went for the cycle?!
eek.gif

That's what one of my peeps told me...crazy how many cycles have been hit already...

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Jason Kubel went for the cycle?!
eek.gif

That's what one of my peeps told me...crazy how many cycles have been hit already...
that wasn't a blowout cycle either, that was a drama filled cycle. he CRUSHED the grand slam.

I know
frown.gif
....that Santana trade is looking worse and worse as time goes by

^^^ i know...gomez has flashes of brilliance, but still...there had to be better options in a trade out there.

That series against the Angels really eased my mind on their start. Pitching looks like it's starting to come around a bit. Perkins looked great today.

Oh man, don't even bring up Santana. Two of the players we got in that trade aren't in the majors, one other can be snatched up by any team for thenext week, and Carlos Gomez. What's scary is that Santana has repeatedly started out slow and progressed to a dominating force as the season went on.He's shutting everyone down RIGHT NOW. He might pull off a Pedro Martinez circa-2000 year if he keeps it up.

Getting back to the Twins, my friend and I turned off the game when it was 9-4. We checked an hour later and Nathan was closing the game out. Amazing.Seriously, Kubel's grand slam and cycle may be one of the best individual Twins performances in a long time. The go-ahead grand slam in a pretty desperatesituation given the poor play of recent that also completed the cycle? Unbelievable. Three game winning streak is nice, even though I think the Angels aregonna struggle at times this year.

Kubel is the man. I'm glad Gardy plays him a lot. Kubel for awhile was reminding me of the situation we had when Ortiz was still around. TK and then Gardywere reluctant to show Ortiz optimal playing time, almost downplaying his value. Then we all know the story when he went to Boston once he was an everydayplayer.

Not to say Kubel will ever be on a level with Ortiz, but it's nice to see that he's getting a great chance at having a breakout year.

Lineups today...

Tampa Bay (8-12)

1. B.J. Upton, CF
2. Carl Crawford, LF
3. Evan Longoria, 3B
4. Carlos Pena, 1B
5. Pat Burrell, DH
6. Gabe Kapler, RF
7. Dioner Navarro, C
8. Jason Bartlett, SS
9. Akinori Iwamura, 2B

Pitching: James Shields