OFFICIAL Minnesota Twins 2009 Season Thread (87-76)---> AL CENTRAL CHAMPS! Great season guys.

The Rays always beat up the Twins though... At least the White Sox lost the second game, and the Tigers got killed... We've still got a chance tonight.

Royals getting close to picking up an L as well...

Well, Nathan got out of the inning. It's still a disappointing knowing we could have the win right now though. Other than that Boston game last week,Liriano has pitched well but all he has to show for it is an 0-4 record. I was hoping he could put one in the win column tonight considering how well hepitched and how we got off to a early lead but...Nathan changed that
ohwell.gif

Bases loaded for Justin
88926f919a8b85dce39466b0bd92b677d651d878.gif

I'm calling a walk to end the game.

EDIT: YEAAAAA!!!!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

God damn Morneau, just hit it in the air next time... A win is a win though
pimp.gif

BTW Morny, get a new cap
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Lets get a mini-winning streak going right now so that when Mauer comes back Friday we can hopefully just take off...

nnarum...do you think Morales is going to stay with us when Mauer does return? He seems to have a knack for makingplays and I've actually enjoyed his time up here...but he does also have some obvious flaws that need to be worked on. It's illogical to demote Redmondbut I don't think we can run with three catchers either. I see Morales getting demoted pretty soon...but we'll see.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Lets get a mini-winning streak going right now so that when Mauer comes back Friday we can hopefully just take off...

nnarum...do you think Morales is going to stay with us when Mauer does return? He seems to have a knack for making plays and I've actually enjoyed his time up here...but he does also have some obvious flaws that need to be worked on. It's illogical to demote Redmond but I don't think we can run with three catchers either. I see Morales getting demoted pretty soon...but we'll see.
As much of a fan favorite Redmond is, Morales is the backup. He can only get better. I still wish we'd move one of our outfielders (DELMON)for a reliever. Our bullpen needs help... Maybe package Redmond with Delmon for a decent reliever.

BTW, Coomer > Kruk. Yeah, I said it.
pimp.gif

Lineups...

RAYS (8-13)

1. B.J. Upton, CF
2. Carl Crawford, LF
3. Evan Longoria, 3B
4. Carlos Pena, 1B
5. Pat Burrell, DH
6. Ben Zobrist, RF
7. Dioner Navarro, C
8. Akinori Iwamura, 2B
9. Jason Bartlett, SS

Starting pitcher: LH Scott Kazmir (3-1, 3.97 ERA)

TWINS (10-11)

1. Denard Span, CF
2. Brendan Harris, SS
3. Justin Morneau, 1B
4. Jason Kubel, DH
5. Joe Crede, 3B
6. Michael Cuddyer, RF
7. Delmon Young, LF
8. Jose Morales, C
9. Alexi Casilla, 2B

Starting pitcher: RH Nick Blackburn (1-1, 4.44 ERA)

Royals (12-10)

1. Coco Crisp, CF
2. David DeJesus, LF
3. Mark Teahen, 3B
4. Jose Guillen, RF
5. Billy Butler, 1B
6. Mike Jacobs, DH
7. Alberto Callaspo, 2B
8. Miguel Olivo, C
9. Mike Aviles, SS

Pitching: Sidney Ponson

Twins (11-11)

1. Denard Span, LF
2. Alexi Casilla, 2B
3. Joe Mauer, C
4. Justin Morneau, 1B
5. Jason Kubel, DH
6. Michael Cuddyer, RF
7. Brendan Harris, 3B
8. Carlos Gomez, CF
9. Nick Punto, SS

Pitching: Kevin Slowey

JOE MAUER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIRST GAME BACK, FIRST AT BAT HOMERUNNNNNNNN!

His first beautiful, swooping swing of the season puts the ball in the seats. For some reason this Mauer guy just has swag, and I can't even explain why;he just has it.

And speaking of our season, it's a blessing we're 11-11 considering we have been outscored by a couple dozen runs. Now the face of the franchise isback.

I honestly didn't think Mauer would provide THIS much a spark. He really lit a fire under this team tonight. Hopefully it's time to separate ourselvesfrom the pack now.

I know I may be slightly overzealous at a time like this, but I believe our 3-4-5 tandem of Mauer, Morneau and Kubel may possibly be the best in the bigs. Apure hitter in Mauer and his on-base percentage, Morneau and his ability to drive in runs, and Kubel lacing the ball routinely into the gaps. It would be aHUGE mismanagement if Gardenhire did not put these guys in order. I expected a spark with the face of the franchise back, but we looked like a team withserious life tonight.

Gardy blew this game... He left Baker in way too long again...
smh.gif

But I guess it didn't help that the bullpen was used up lat night...

4-5 loss...

Getting swept by the Orioles
sick.gif
...will we ever turn it on in April/May instead ofJune/July?

We split a four-game series with the Mariners during opening week...but seeing Bedard (who's been pitching great) and then Felix back-to-back is going tobe tough. We need to get the win tomorrow with Jakubauskas on the mound, the hopefully take 1 of 2 against Bedard and Felix.

Smackin' that #+*. Can't wait until Minnesota comes to Seattle so I can see the whooping first hand.

Back
Top Bottom