Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

LMAO at the backpedaling, now it's a team accomplishment?

Ok, how about being league MVP? C'mon G!!!

Again, Dominating does not equate to PRIME. I'm not quite sure if you understand what PRIME means.

***I'm not even a Shaq fan either. I actually hate that fool.

How was Shaq not in his prime in 1993-1997? His stats during that stretch 27 points, 12.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 2.8 blocks, 57.7% FG%, 28 PER

His stats during 98-03 28 points, 12 rebounds, 3 assists, 2.4 blocks, 57.6% FG%, 29 PER

Last edited:
4AF6BD4A-FF6A-4601-87EC-AB964A218FDC.png
ID on sweats? I just grabbed some polo sweats and they don’t fit me like that . Thx

Prime started in Orlando
Peak was in L.a

Again, you don't know what PRIME means. Go get some help.

a state or time of greatest strength, vigor, or success in a person's life.
"you're in the prime of life"
synonyms: heyday, best days, best years, prime of one's life;
youth, salad days;
peak, pinnacle, zenith
"he is in his prime"

LMAO. The greatest success in Shaq's career was getting swept in the finals according to you.

**** no. You crazy. LMAO at Prime Shaq starting in Orlando. He may have been skinnier and more agile in Orlando, but he became Shaq Diesel in LA. No one was stopping that freight train. You better ask somebody lol. You literally couldn't do anything, he'd just back you down and dunk on your *** while dangling his legs and nutsack all over you.

Shaq in LA was so dominant, it wasn't even fun anymore.
OK i think out of all the last 60+ messages, this one is the most appealing. 2000-2001 nba season, the Lakers (Kobe + shaq + 5 star supporting cast) was almost a mismatch. The Lakers showed total domination 11-0 in the Western Conference Playoffs over dominant teams (ie. Blazers, Kings and Spurs), and beat 76ers 4-1. Overall 16-1 to NBA Championship.

Shaq was clearly in his prime with the Lakers. He was also more disciplined (less foul trouble).

He was also averaging 28 ppg with Kobe on his team. Stats don’t always give you the answer. If you watched Shaqs entire career you would know his prime was in LA.

LA was his peak where he was at his absolute best. He was a top 3-top 5 player at worst in Orlando hence his prime.

LA was his peak where he was at his absolute best. He was a top 3-top 5 player at worst in Orlando hence his prime.

You mean that one year post 1994 where he was in shape and played to his potential?

Can’t tell if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me

I'm disagreeing. The numbers were damn near identical in ORL and LA. He just won in LA so how can you not consider his stint with the Magic to be within his prime. For example Bron has been in his prime for the better part of 12 seasons. His peak as a overall player was his stint in Miami.

I'm disagreeing. The numbers were damn near identical in ORL and LA. He just won in LA so how can you not consider his stint with the Magic to be within his prime. For example Bron has been in his prime for the better part of 12 seasons. His peak as a overall player was his stint in Miami.

Since you want to talk numbers, how many championships did Shaq win in Orlando? If you think Shaq was in his prime in Orlando I question your knowledge of basketball. He couldn’t be stopped in LA.

I’m starting to think some of you don’t know the definition of the word prime or failed didn’t watch basketball back then (or too young to remember)

Can’t tell if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with me

More people who don't know what PRIME means. Prime is Prime period. There is no peak. The highest point in the peak is their PRIME.

You clowns are saying PRIME is less than "peak." You're not making any sense.

***I think MVP is geno lol

Since you want to talk numbers, how many championships did Shaq win in Orlando? If you think Shaq was in his prime in Orlando I question your knowledge of basketball. He couldn’t be stopped in LA.

You don't understand the concept of prime and peak performance.

88 Jordan won MVP (35/6/3) and DPOTY in the same season. Was he not clearly in his prime just because he didn't win a chip that season? Think of prime as a mountain and peak as the very tip top of that mountain (hence peak). It's a simple concept really.

Shaq was putting up 27/12 in Orlando went to the finals once and ECF another year and again was named one of the 50 greatest players of all time on just that stint.

I’m starting to think some of you don’t know the definition of the word prime or failed didn’t watch basketball back then (or too young to remember)
I think that’s you buddy

88 Jordan won MVP (35/6/3) and DPOTY in the same season. Was he not clearly in his prime just because he didn't win a chip that season? Think of prime as a mountain and peak as the very tip top of that mountain (hence peak). It's a simple concept really.

Shaq was putting up 27/12 in Orlando went to the finals once and ECF another year and again was named one of the 50 greatest players of all time on just that stint.

It was also widely accept in 95 that the only player who could stop Shaq/Orlando was Hakeem Olajuwon who himself at the time was considered the best player in the world. It's not really a commentary on Shaq's "peak years" to say he failed to win a chip in Orlando.

Why is this in this thread, again?

Prime is the tip of the mountain by definition. You're making your own definitions.

Back
Top Bottom