Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I still prefer the competition of different companies than the monopoly that Nike/Adidas have had.
I was going to say, I probably sound old... but I miss when there was a handful of different manufacturers doing different teams. Champion, Nike, Puma, Starter... different cuts on jerseys & individual styled warmups, etc. Starter jerseys literally being cut like a square once you got into the 50s size range :lol:

Hush Boutique
Englewood NJ
IMG_20200904_125231.jpg

I was going to say, I probably sound old... but I miss when there was a handful of different manufacturers doing different teams. Champion, Nike, Puma, Starter... different cuts on jerseys & individual styled warmups, etc. Starter jerseys literally being cut like a square once you got into the 50s size range :lol:
I thought that was kinda dope as well

What’s weird too is that in 2001-02 when reebok started making nba jerseys.

Some of the teams who wore champion like the nets, magic, and hornets still wore champion that season.

the Sonics who got new uniforms that year switched to reebok. The grizzlies who changed their city name on the jerseys switched to reebok. All the teams who wore puma switched to reebok. It was one big cluster **** that season until reebok took over everyone except the Nike teams in 2002-03.

Very true. :lol:. I didn’t like it that much. When RBK took over everything in 04-05, I felt a they did a great job simplifying things. I felt adidas did a great job with the Christmas and all star uniforms though. The big color theme christmas 2012 being my favorite

Mitchell & Ness rehashed Reebok using the wrong material on those ugly Suns jerseys 17 years later! And the more f'd up thing is they're a little more than double the price now! 😆🤦‍♂️👎

This material discrepancy in either time period is a testament that the true authentic concept will always be irrelevant on the retail level.

Earlier this week someone, also others I vaguely recall in the past, tried to debate my M & N items weren't true authentic because they were made retroactively meaning they weren't the company who produced the jerseys originally. They tried to insist I had to possess an archaic jersey made by the original company from that bygone period in order for it to be legitimately deemed a true authentic.

Reebok who was the original company with the Suns in 2002-03 used the wrong material for the retail versions so that discrepancy doesn't make it a true authentic just because they had the license.

Those reasons I posted are why I remain adamant the only things that define true authentic are game worn jerseys or an extra team issued jersey with exact specs and materials on a jersey of the team and player. We're all getting good reproductions with authentic jerseys on the retail level regardless of the company who made it and the era it was manufactured in.

New pickup: 1938 Babe Ruth Brooklyn Dodgers coaches Mitchell & Ness home jersey, size Large. It has the 1939 World's Fair promotional patch. It fits a little bigger than tagged, which is perfect for me. This is definitely one of the rarest Mitchell & Ness jerseys I've ever owned or seen.

BrooklynDodgersMN11.jpeg
BrooklynDodgersMN12.jpeg

Englewood, NJ? Crazy I got ppl from there. My mans beat up like 6 dudes one night at the Wendy’s on the Ave, lol.

New pickup: 1938 Babe Ruth Brooklyn Dodgers coaches Mitchell & Ness home jersey, size Large. It has the 1939 World's Fair promotional patch. It fits a little bigger than tagged, which is perfect for me. This is definitely one of the rarest Mitchell & Ness jerseys I've ever owned or seen.

BrooklynDodgersMN11.jpeg
BrooklynDodgersMN12.jpeg

The hell you find this? Didn't even know it existed. I know he coached and all that but this is a crazy one. Didn't know he wore that patch while coaching.

White socks with black shoes?

tenor.gif

I thought my guy kingjay718 kingjay718 was cool enough with his attire although I wouldn't wear cargo shorts due to personal preference. It's not like he went awkward from head to toe like that dude who wore mismatched teams with a M & N jersey and shorts with oddly mixed in brands just because they're pricey. Or he wasn't bad like that dude who used to be on here with an unhealthy obsession with overpriced Just Don shorts which he assumed gave him style and coolness.

MJ wore white socks with black shoes early in his heyday.
MJ1991.jpg

We wearing denim shorts again? :lol:

not trying to look like steve Austin. :lol:
C0B0389A-6579-4420-A87F-6421A16829AD.jpeg

I only wear denim shorts with my M& N NBA jerseys since I can have pockets. I don't wear them fitted like Austin though. I have a black one and one similar to that picture to match with whatever the jersey color is.

Back
Top Bottom