Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I thought my guy kingjay718 kingjay718 was cool enough with his attire although I wouldn't wear cargo shorts due to personal preference. It's not like he went awkward from head to toe like that dude who wore mismatched teams with a M & N jersey and shorts with oddly mixed in brands just because they're pricey. Or he wasn't bad like that dude who used to be on here with an unhealthy obsession with overpriced Just Don shorts which he assumed gave him style and coolness.

MJ wore white socks with black shoes early in his heyday.
MJ1991.jpg

I only wear denim shorts with my M& N NBA jerseys since I can have pockets. I don't wear them fitted like Austin though. I have a black one and one similar to that picture to match with whatever the jersey color is.

Salute my guy. :nthat:

Good thing I hate the Suns because I'm a Lakers fan and those 2000s jerseys were ugly so those factors deterred me from ever getting their jersey. And now I'm learning Reebok f'd up the retail versions using the wrong material for Amar'e Stoudemire jerseys is another good reason that deterred me 17 years ago.

How did Reebok mess up like that? It was still wrong for them to sell those authentic jerseys with inaccurate material with the assumption consumers didn't know or care as long as they had authentic qualities with a higher price point.

That Suns debacle was still unacceptable because jersey companies normally conform with the correct material for retail versions. It happens so much with incoming players wearing jerseys with previous material for photo shoots or public introductions before a season, then the retail versions are available with the changed material that coincides with the actual game jerseys once the season starts.

Perfect example is the Heat in 2010 when the Big 3 wore the shiny material jerseys at their TV introduction before the season, but both the actual game jerseys and retail versions had that crappy and thin Adidas material change once that season started.

Last edited:
New pickup: 1938 Babe Ruth Brooklyn Dodgers coaches Mitchell & Ness home jersey, size Large. It has the 1939 World's Fair promotional patch. It fits a little bigger than tagged, which is perfect for me. This is definitely one of the rarest Mitchell & Ness jerseys I've ever owned or seen.

BrooklynDodgersMN11.jpeg
BrooklynDodgersMN12.jpeg

That 'Dodgers' logo is so high on the chest...old school!

tenor.gif

Does anyone have any insight ? I can still get all the kobes I’m fuming about the A.I authentic jersey

I suggest not to spend that money. They’ll charge once shipped. Unless they outright send you a cancellation email, they’re going to take that money when it ships. They, and other sites/businesses, have been doing this.

Good thing I hate the Suns because I'm a Lakers fan and those 2000s jerseys were ugly so those factors deterred me from ever getting their jersey. And now I'm learning Reebok f'd up the retail versions using the wrong material for Amar'e Stoudemire jerseys is another good reason that deterred me 17 years ago.

How did Reebok mess up like that? It was still wrong for them to sell those authentic jerseys with inaccurate material with the assumption consumers didn't know or care as long as they had authentic qualities with a higher price point.

That Suns debacle was still unacceptable because jersey companies normally conform with the correct material for retail versions. It happens so much with incoming players wearing jerseys with previous material for photo shoots or public introductions before a season, then the retail versions are available with the changed material that coincides with the actual game jerseys once the season starts.

Perfect example is the Heat in 2010 when the Big 3 wore the shiny material jerseys at their TV introduction before the season, but both the actual game jerseys and retail versions had that crappy and thin Adidas material change once that season started.
all this bickering about (retail) authentics being inaccurate is becoming lame because a majority of us already know. i think you should just collect the game issued/worn jerseys.

all this bickering about (retail) authentics being inaccurate is becoming lame because a majority of us already know. i think you should just collect the game issued/worn jerseys.

It was a discussed topic today with that Suns jersey and I had an observation like the others who provided input and feedback on it. Would you like to say something to all of them as well?

I'm content with the retail authentic as long as it's close enough in resemblance. A lot feel the same way.

Finally restocked the white rookie Vince Carter jersey. Been waiting on that one. But they are charging $25 more than the Fanatics sites. As much as I want it Im going to hold off and wait on the cheaper Fanatics with better discount somewhere down the road.

They also re-realesed the 92 Magic All Star jersey and are charging $325 when there is a full size run of the same jersey on a different page for $270

OK NTers going to need to set up some ground rules, and I think a majority would agree:

1). Discussions about authentic shorts + pockets are banned;
2). Discussions about authentic shorts > swingman shorts, vice versa are banned;
3). Biblical testimonies about retail authentic accuracy is strictly prohibited (eg. therealest1) ; and
4). There needs to be a separate Just Don thread.

:rofl:

They also dropped a Ewing 91 All Star jersey for $325. The Jordan 91 All Star jersey that has been there is $300. There is no way a Ewing jersey would ever be more than a Jordan jersey unless they changed their prices to $325 for authentics now.

* The Iverson jersey they re-released the other day is $325 also. They really might have raised their prices people
*The Ewing All Star has has a FSR on another page for $210. Releasing all new runs for $325

Last edited:
OK NTers going to need to set up some ground rules, and I think a majority would agree:

1). Discussions about authentic shorts + pockets are banned;
2). Discussions about authentic shorts > swingman shorts, vice versa are banned;
3). Biblical testimonies about retail authentic accuracy is strictly prohibited (eg. therealest1) ; and
4). There needs to be a separate Just Don thread.

:rofl:

I’ll only agree to number 3 :rofl:

They also dropped a Ewing 91 All Star jersey for $325. The Jordan 91 All Star jersey that has been there is $300. There is no way a Ewing jersey would ever be more than a Jordan jersey unless they changed their prices to $325 for authentics now.

* The Iverson jersey they re-released the other day is $325 also. They really might have raised their prices people
*The Ewing All Star has has a FSR on another page for $210. Releasing all new runs for $325
Im glad I copped the black Iverson for $270 w/ additional 20% off before my size ran out. I couldn't see myself paying $325+ for Iverson. The only time I paid retail for authentic was the black pinstripe MJ and a few Kobe jerseys

Last edited:
Mitchell & Ness making a Wizards John Wall rookie jersey should mean a rollout of jerseys from last decade is inevitable. Hopefully that should be salvation because Adidas sucked worse in the final stage of their NBA deal when they changed to that crappy material in 2010.

Adidas had asinine production with that change because regular authentic jerseys didn't have the mesh netted numbers on them so you had to get the boxed jerseys that were pro-cut to get the correct mesh numbers on them. And the options of players with the boxed versions were limited.

Then Adidas stupidly messed up after that 2010-11 season because I'm sure a lot of people wanted an authentic Carmelo Anthony when he got traded to the Knicks but couldn't get one because they stopped making authentic. Although you could get an Anthony customized on a Knicks jersey with some retailers, those custom jobs were poorly executed entirely especially with them not having the mesh numbers on them based on people who actually got those.

So let's hope M & N rehashes 2010s jerseys with the correct mesh numbers on them since that caused people to pass on them due to Adidas omitting them from the regular authentic.

Last edited:

Have noticed that since the website makeover, some jerseys have gotten "lost" and are only viewable through search. For example, there is a Duncan Finals jersey that used to be on the jersey list, now its disappeared. It only shows up now if you specifically search Duncan. There are others as well.

Back
Top Bottom