Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

It was about a month for me in Chicago...ordered Jan 15 received yesterday. When I ordered a baseball jersey last year, it was over 2 months though. I reached out and they said they were out of that particular flannel material.
Thanks for the info. Think I will get an order in while there's a small sale on the football jerseys and an applicable 15% off discount code. Brings it down to $286 shipped.

I recall that half red and half blue jersey was a piece of 💩 Nike swingman that was out during the apex of the throwback fad in the early 2000s.

Mitchell & Ness has the half red bottom and half white top alternate throwback jersey of Allen Iverson currently available. I believe the 76ers wore it for some games during the 2002-03 season.

I'm convinced that Mitchell & Ness and Iverson have an unofficial lifetime deal. It only makes sense due to the Philly connection. So I believe they'll bring back past popular variations of his jersey in cycles since they keep making more variations going forward. Most of his default home and road jerseys are always available.

I'm sure the alternate throwback royal blue jersey from the NBA 50th Anniversary season will resurface since it was popular and they try to pimp out many jerseys from that season.
DD828F67-64BC-475B-945A-E412D83CB8BC.jpeg
96A631EE-086E-4102-BC47-30055D012214.jpeg
I used to have the original

I'll always remember the 1997 NBA All-Star Game because that's when the league got lazy and had the players wear their default uniforms in the games.

The Magic sublimated stars jerseys from the late '90s to early 2000s will always be classic jerseys despite them being worn for less than 10 years. And Tracy McGrady is the ideal star with those jerseys despite him being on the Magic for only 4 seasons.

I'll always remember the 1997 NBA All-Star Game because that's when the league got lazy and had the players wear their default uniforms in the games.

The Magic sublimated stars jerseys from the late '90s to early 2000s will always be classic jerseys despite them being worn for less than 10 years. And Tracy McGrady is the ideal star with those jerseys despite him being on the Magic for only 4 seasons.

I don't think laziness was a factor in the 97 all star uniform discussion.

I think it was an attempt by the NBA for global fans to identify themselves with a new favorite player and have an idea what team that player plays for.

It was a global expansion move.

Last edited:
I don't think laziness was a factor in the 97 all star uniform discussion.

I think it was an attempt by the NBA for global fans to identify themselves with a new favorite player and have an idea what team that player plays for.

It was a global expansion play.

True.

My friend actually speculated back in the early 2000s that it was a way for the NBA to create exposure for the league's teams that way since the game was broadcast internationally by then.

I initially saw it as laziness or complacency when that default uniform gimmick started in 1997. I'll always remember it lasted from 1997 to 2002.

Wait til those JD pants come out in more teams

"Those lakers pants are kinda fire...."

Back
Top Bottom