Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Thanks.

I guess my remaining question is who or what decides what is constituted as an “insult”?

A joke reference to another thread or something related to a specific user in any manner, even in friendly banter, surely shouldn’t be seen as an insult?

I had a post deleted for referencing a sauce from a specific restaurant, I presume it was assumed by the mod that deleted it that it was associated with a specific NTer.

Even if it was, when did any sort of reference to another NTer immediately constitute a post deletion and categorized as an “insult”, as my notification for deletion explained? If that was the case, the forum would be scrubbed of a likely 5-10% of its overall posts.

So again, I ask, why is this thread in particular so heavily policed?

I should add that if you think this conversation should be taken to PM, I’m fine with that. I’m legitimately curious on why this thread in specific is having this issue. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it on NT before, definitely not to this degree.

You’re welcome to PM me, but I think there actually is pretty widespread understanding on this point and users just want to get away with the “casual” roasts.

It’s not “friendly banter” and we don’t want it taking over the thread.

We want the focus in each thread to be on that thread’s topic. Sometimes, things get off track and we need to perform mass post deletions. Unfortunately, that‘s been happening here a lot lately. Maybe that’s because people are bored and there isn’t much new happening with the product line - I don’t know - but if anyone is bored by the thread’s core subject matter, that’s cause to visit another thread, not to change the focus of this one.

If you want to disagree with someone’s hot takes, fine, but if it rises to the level of insult that’s not - and has never been - permissible under our rules, and I’d advise users to use the report and ignore tools to clean up the mess rather than attempt to practice “vigilante justice,” which only spreads the mess around.

That’s not the issue. Everyone is free to criticize companies/products. It only becomes an problem when the thread turns into a roast and users start trading insults.

That’s always been against the rules and if you find a particular user annoying, making that user the center of attention is counterproductive.

We have a report feature for posts that violate our forum rules. We have an ignore feature for posters whose content you’d rather not see.

I agree with all this.

It makes sense for us to be able to criticize companies/products predicated on facts/evidence about them being terrible since this site enables us to share input and opinions.

Unfortunately, some threads tend to turn into a grade school through high school atmosphere with absolute disruption once banter or mockeries are initiated with a post. It just becomes an unnecessary influx of posts that aren't relevant to the particular thread topic.

I'm just here to read and see photos that relate to Mitchell & Ness and its products and prefer it to stay aligned with the thread topic. But there's constant ridiculousness that ensues on here, so I understand why it's monitored frequently.

I agree with all this.

Unfortunately, some threads tend to turn into a grade school through high school atmosphere with absolute disruption once banter or mockeries are initiated with a post.

I know this will likely get deleted but this is ironic to read. Your takes on swingman jerseys and degrading anyone purchasing them is exactly what you’re mentioning above, and for you to stand on your soapbox with this nonsense is disingenuous.

I mean that honestly, but I’m sure it will be deleted as an insult.

You’re welcome to PM me, but I think there actually is pretty widespread understanding on this point and users just want to get away with the “casual” roasts.

It’s not “friendly banter” and we don’t want it taking over the thread.

We want the focus in each thread to be on that thread’s topic. Sometimes, things get off track and we need to perform mass post deletions. Unfortunately, that‘s been happening here a lot lately. Maybe that’s because people are bored and there isn’t much new happening with the product line - I don’t know - but if anyone is bored by the thread’s core subject matter, that’s cause to visit another thread, not to change the focus of this one.

If you want to disagree with someone’s hot takes, fine, but if it rises to the level of insult that’s not - and has never been - permissible under our rules, and I’d advise users to use the report and ignore tools to clean up the mess rather than attempt to practice “vigilante justice,” which only spreads the mess around.
I respectfully disagree with the idea that things such as my posts that have been deleted here could be deemed as an “insult” by anyone with an unbiased mind.

This thread seems like a very sensitive one, and I stand by my stance that it is policed differently than the rest of NT.

I appreciate your responses, though, Meth.

I agree with all this.

It makes sense for us to be able to criticize companies/products predicated on facts/evidence about them being terrible since this site enables us to share input and opinions.

Unfortunately, some threads tend to turn into a grade school through high school atmosphere with absolute disruption once banter or mockeries are initiated with a post. It just becomes an unnecessary influx of posts that aren't relevant to the particular thread topic.

I'm just here to read and see photos that relate to Mitchell & Ness and its products and prefer it to stay aligned with the thread topic. But there's constant ridiculousness that ensues on here, so I understand why it's monitored frequently.
In that case, I should add that it isn’t sticking to “facts” if your criticism of products spills over into tone-deaf stereotypes that read like a cranky, dog-whistling Phil Jackson rant.

You don’t get to throw stones and hide behind the staff, either. That’s not what we’re here for.

We’ve no interest in censoring users’ product opinions, but keep your “editorializing” respectful. This isn’t Twitter. We’re not here to platform offensive content.

I’m tired of seeing this thread filled with provocations and insults and, judging by the reports we keep getting, that seems to be a common sentiment.

I respectfully disagree with the idea that things such as my posts that have been deleted here could be deemed as an “insult” by anyone with an unbiased mind.
Respectfully, you’re not unbiased.

It’s patently obvious that the little jabs people keep throwing out about Red Robin, etc. are attempts to tease another user.

This isn’t middle school.

I don’t want this pettiness dominating the thread.

As I’ve said, I think those involved know what they’re doing and just want to get away with it.
That’s not happening, and if the deletions aren’t sufficient to make that clear then we’ll escalate penalties as needed.

Community members can disagree with a post or a criticize a product without stooping to personal insults or offensive stereotypes.

Whether you like Mitchell & Ness products or not, this thread should be a respectful place for all those who are interested to discuss them.

I think that’s pretty straightforward, but if anyone has any further questions, you’re welcome to PM me.

It's an insult when you dookie on people for wearing swingman and saying they're practically poverty stricken.

Lmfao I for one buy swingman shorts because I wear them to play ball in, work out, or lounge around in the house but there's also people in here that basically wear M&N as a fashion statement. Which isn't a bad thing but some people gotta relax and not doodoo on others for wearing swingman. Like it's fine to say that authentics are definitely better quality, which they are, but you don't gotta look down on people that wear swingman.
At the end of the day who cares it’s not that serious if the money didn’t come out of my pocket I could care less what the next man wears.

At the end of the day who cares it’s not that serious if the money didn’t come out of my pocket I could care less what the next man wears.
That’s the thing though. That is what jayocampo jayocampo and spizike231 spizike231 have been saying. It should be live and let live but there are individuals (individual) in here that crap all over others at the mention of swingmans. If it don’t pertain to you or your wallet, why say anything? Let be.

I think this applies to any thread. But if you’re going to bash other peoples jersey preferences or whatever they’re into, you shouldn’t get to clutch your pearls and run to the report button because you didn’t like being mocked after you made a slick remark.

And I get it from the mods/admins perspective. 2 wrongs don’t make a right. Both comments should get deleted. But the whole back and forth shouldn’t even happen to begin with.

Screenshot_20230425_181841_Chrome.jpg

BSTN has some Dons on sale.

while the high is still pumping, in the market for a Knicks m&n authentic

unfortunately they don't have an alan houston but id settle for the sprewell or ewing. Any quick advice on sizing/watchouts?

while the high is still pumping, in the market for a Knicks m&n authentic

unfortunately they don't have an alan houston but id settle for the sprewell or ewing. Any quick advice on sizing/watchouts?
I wear a XL in nikes but have to go XXL in authentic jerseys for a comfortable fit. That bottle-shaped taper do not give enough room in the stomach area unless you skinny skinny.

I wear a XL in nikes but have to go XXL in authentic jerseys for a comfortable fit. That bottle-shaped taper do not give enough room in the stomach area unless you skinny skinny.
I’ve been a XXL in shirts all my life until recently. Lost a decent amount of weight and am down to a loose XL. Was surprised how fitted my M&N XL fits.

I got this one not too long ago because it was a great price for me. It's disappointing that Mitchell & Ness screwed up with the stitching because the letters and number should be kiss-cut stitching. It doesn't make sense when they got the correct stitching on the white and black Heat jerseys. It's going to end up coming in handy as a trade piece at least.
IMG_6772.JPG
IMG_6774.JPG

Not personally the biggest fan of warm-ups/shooting shirts, but this is pretty clean looking:

Not personally the biggest fan of warm-ups/shooting shirts, but this is pretty clean looking:

Thanks for the notification that they now make those shooting shirts with the names of stars from the '90s.

As a Lakers fan, I always liked those archaic button-up shooting shirts personalized with the player's name on the back. It was a cool design/look for the '80s to '90s.

General question for folks here. Have anyone bought the Jerry West authentic on the M&N site recently and does the jersey style match that of the stock picture? I know there are variations but wanted to confirm.

I've seen both variations but I dont want to wait for a sale, buy it, and then get surprised later.

Pictured (older?):
1682959076396.png

Actual (newer?) :
1682959149035.png

Back
Top Bottom