Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I'm glad a lot of folks on here notice flaws and detail discrepancies with the jerseys and elaborate on them on here.

To the MLB jersey experts:
I'm a fairly skinny 6'3'' and would prefer a more fitting look for sleeves/body, would you all recommend an L for MLB authentic or could I get away with a Medium? Worried about if waist length might be too short. For authentic, not BP. Thanks a lot

Im a pretty slim 6'4" w narrower shoulders and a L is fitted nicely.

Did anyone else notice there are differences over the years with how the jerseys are manufactured? Is that due to Mitchell & Ness being under different ownership groups with them using a particular outsourced factory? I noticed the jerseys produced last decade originated in different countries. They've been produced in China the last few years.

I'm a fairly skinny 6'3'' and would prefer a more fitting look for sleeves/body, would you all recommend an L for MLB authentic or could I get away with a Medium? Worried about if waist length might be too short. For authentic, not BP. Thanks a lot

Medium will be fine, not a big difference in the length of a M or L, the difference is the width of the jersey. You good with a medium.

Yea I’m 6’1 180 and I do M in MLB authentics. Recently tried on the cubs Dawson authentic in both M and L and the L was pretty wide.

Anyone else notice the holes on NBA jerseys produced the last few years are much smaller now than when the original or when the older Mitchell & Ness-produced ones had bigger holes?

I'm 6'7" 225lbs ,I just got the Griffey in large and it fits me almost perfect for a nice fitted look. Another inch in length would be nice but I'm still happy. My perportions are pretty even, I wear 36 34 for pants for reference

Did anyone else notice there are differences over the years with how the jerseys are manufactured? Is that due to Mitchell & Ness being under different ownership groups with them using a particular outsourced factory? I noticed the jerseys produced last decade originated in different countries. They've been produced in China the last few years.

Where to begin... the short answer is they're always trying to increase profit margins/meet demands (early 2000s fad played a role). Jerseys used to be made in USA with way better materials. Then Latin America, South Korea, and now China.

Where to begin... the short answer is they're always trying to increase profit margins/meet demands (early 2000s fad played a role). Jerseys used to be made in USA with way better materials. Then Latin America, South Korea, and now China.

Oh yeah, I was eventually going to bring up the fact Mitchell & Ness jerseys were made in USA during early 2000s frenzy. I actually have a few from late 2002 that were made in USA that had better quality and detailing.

That's outsourcing for us. They find a cheaper rate factory and outsource the manufacturing there and increase profits by saving on overhead.

I recall El Salvador, South Korea, and presently China. Since Mitchell & Ness is now under ownership of a U.S.-based company, anyone think they'll produce them in USA again or least have better quality control? I think they fell off when Reebok bought them in 2007 and eventually Adidas took over for years after they bought Reebok and all their entities.

Oh yeah, I was eventually going to bring up the fact Mitchell & Ness jerseys were made in USA during early 2000s frenzy. I actually have a few from late 2002 that were made in USA that had better quality and detailing.

That's outsourcing for us. They find a cheaper rate factory and outsource the manufacturing there and increase profits by saving on overhead.

I recall El Salvador, South Korea, and presently China. Since Mitchell & Ness is now under ownership of a U.S.-based company, anyone think they'll produce them in USA again or least have better quality control? I think they fell off when Reebok bought them in 2007 and eventually Adidas took over for years after they bought Reebok and all their entities.

Unfortunately I don't think so. New company is a newly formed private equity. Probably have the intention to churn profit then sell it off again. smh

Yes. Currently...

Sometimes the websites like fanatics or MLB shop will copy/paste incorrect descriptions that say "imported". But they're all made here and EPS does the twill work.
Is the 1939 Ted Williams considered a flannel or is it just the grey Jerseys and some Yankee ones?

Edit -just wondering cause I live on the border in Canada but get my deliveres in the States and get dinged on duty but not stuff made in the usa

Is the 1939 Ted Williams considered a flannel or is it just the grey Jerseys and some Yankee ones?

Edit -just wondering cause I live on the border in Canada but get my deliveres in the States and get dinged on duty but not stuff made in the usa

All jerseys before 1970 were flannel. This is when the innovative polyester double-knit material came out. All the M&N baseball jerseys tagged 1970 or earlier should be flannel (old M&N are wool/Acrylic or even wool/cotton blend). The exception are some old, and very rare, satin jerseys a few teams tried out (Cardinals, Dodgers, Braves come to mind). M&N Made these about 15-20 years ago.

There are a couple teams that wore wool for a few years after, like the 1971 Astros.

Last edited:

Ya youll get hit with customs.

I just ship to someone in the US and have them ship to me. Or you can always get one of those mail boxes just on the other side of the border (if you dont already have one). Probably the best option since you said you right by the border.

All jerseys before 1970 were flannel. This is when the innovative polyester double-knit material came out. All the M&N baseball jerseys tagged 1970 or earlier should be flannel (old M&N are wool/Acrylic or even wool/cotton blend). The exception are some old, and very rare, satin jerseys a few teams tried out (Cardinals, Dodgers, Braves come to mind). M&N Made these about 15-20 years ago.

There are a couple teams that wore wool for a few years after, like the 1971 Astros.
I have a 1951 Willie Mays I purchased a month ago which is a flannel and made in hr USA. Beautiful jersey!
20170925_165522.jpg

I been on the wool joints heavy lately

Baseball always been my favorite sport and the wools are by far greater quality than the polyester.

I have a 1951 Willie Mays I purchased a month ago which is a flannel and made in hr USA. Beautiful jersey!
20170925_165522.jpg

:pimp:

That one is on my hit list

Back
Top Bottom