Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I never understood the logic of blaming any company for shipping mishaps...

Shipping companies are to blame for lost packages, opened or tampered packages, damaged packages, etc. They're the ones responsible once it gets in their possession.

There are certain instances when the company is to blame though, but only for errors with the order, such as wrong item, wrong quantity, wrong size, etc.

Filing a chargeback to someone that wasn't at fault is pretty scummy imho.
So, what should a customer do?

You order a 300 dollar jersey and it never gets to your hands. Now, everyone is telling you it's not their fault.

So by your logic, you should just be SOL rather than be made whole by any means necessary?

Shipping companies are to blame for lost packages, opened or tampered packages, damaged packages, etc. They're the ones responsible once it gets in their possession.

There are certain instances when the company is to blame though, but only for errors with the order, such as wrong item, wrong quantity, wrong size, etc.

Yea but when the retailer files a claim and it’s closed because it was “delivered” is pretty trash as well.

Not sure how the delivery person could grab that package and not have it noted or pulled since it was torn open.

Believe it or not has usps do that one, they filed it was damaged/opened with an item really long time ago. I assume my delivery person, luckily the item wasn’t damaged but I could’ve easily filed a claim

Think these delivery companies need to be more responsible because now dude up there is **** out of luck in getting his money back because someone either stole it or failed to do their job correctly

U sound ridiculous

Shipping companies are the ones to blame. Y'all reaching.

As a customer you're never SOL. It might be an inconvenience, but stuff happen. You see it all the time. You never seen an amazon truck or shipping truck in an accident? I've legit seen trucks flipped with packages everywhere opened or destroyed.

The shipping company will take care of it. It may take some time and investigation, but they're insured and they even have money set aside for stuff like that.

Look at in from a different perspective, what if you sold something, you shipped it, you have the receipt, it left your hands and went to the post office as usual and something happens where it gets lost by the post office and no fault of your own. Then your buyer disregards blaming the post office or going through the proper channels, then bam, you get a chargeback for no reason. LOL WUT?

So, what should a customer do?

You order a 300 dollar jersey and it never gets to your hands. Now, everyone is telling you it's not their fault.

So by your logic, you should just be SOL rather than be made whole by any means necessary?

so, what should a customer do? own up to things a customer could have done to ensure package security. WE ALL been through these situations one way or another buying/selling on various platforms.

As mentioned by others as well - PO box, ship to your work location, signature delivery. just because it does not help after the fact (i know it sucks) does not mean these weren't solutions that was on the table but the customer also did not take any precautions.

I dont agree with the "made whole by any means necessary" because this leaves open doors to people scamming legitimate businesses, regardless if M&N is slow AF or if their customer service is terrible.

I'm no way shape or form defending huge corporations, but to blame them for something obviously at the fault of the shipper is ridiculous.

Even if it says "delivered" and it wasn't delivered, THATS THE SHIPPING COMPANY'S FAULT. You never received someone else's mail before in your life? bruh, yall definitely reaching. If they marked it off as delivered and it's not, they'll get to the bottom of it. That's the shipper who made the error of either delivering it to the wrong address or marking it off as delivered when it hasn't been by either theft from the mail carrier or theft from a porch pirate.

So if someone steals something from your porch, that's the fault of the company and it's gucci to just file a chargeback for something they have no control over?

Shipping companies are the ones to blame. Y'all reaching.

As a customer you're never SOL. It might be an inconvenience, but stuff happen. You see it all the time. You never seen an amazon truck or shipping truck in an accident? I've legit seen trucks flipped with packages everywhere opened or destroyed.

The shipping company will take care of it. It may take some time and investigation, but they're insured and they even have money set aside for stuff like that.

Look at in from a different perspective, what if you sold something, you shipped it, you have the receipt, it left your hands and went to the post office as usual and something happens where it gets lost by the post office and no fault of your own. Then your buyer disregards blaming the post office or going through the proper channels, then bam, you get a chargeback for no reason. LOL WUT?
Shipping companies won’t do anything if it says delivered. They will tell you contact the shipper Aka the person you paid your money too. That company is supposed to either refund your payment or reship your item.

From there it is that company’s responsibility to get the money back from the carrier they shipped your package with that’s why they insure packages.

Imagine going to your local post office saying they owe you $300 cause your package was never received LmAo

Shipping companies won’t do anything if it says delivered. They will tell you contact the shipper Aka the person you paid your money too. That company is supposed to either refund your payment or reship your item.

From there it is that company’s responsibility to get the money back from the carrier they shipped your package with that’s why they insure packages.

False. Escalate it. Like I said, you never received anyone else's mail in your life? That is definitely a shipper error and they know it. So an investigation or claim on the shipper doesn't exist?

I had the same thing recently where fedex express delivered a very expensive item to someone else's house. The pic wasn't even my house. So guess what? I contacted the shipper and said y'all ****ed up. They contacted the driver and I got my package within less than an hour.

They didn't tell me im SOL, contact the seller and have them ship you another one or refund me lol...

i think legally, buyer needs to file a police report, and then file the cost of goods as stolen/theft in tax returns. It sucks for the buyer and I'd be super upset as well. But then again MN and UPS are big companies, and it be a + PR move on their end to make it whole. On the flip side, MN does have the $10 w/signature confirmation option so perhaps do that moving forward. My opinion.

False. Escalate it. Like I said, you never received anyone else's mail in your life? That is definitely a shipper error and they know it. So an investigation or claim on the shipper doesn't exist?

I had the same thing recently where fedex express delivered a very expensive item to someone else's house. The pic wasn't even my house. So guess what? I contacted the shipper and said y'all ****ed up. They contacted the driver and I got my package within less than an hour.

They didn't tell me im SOL, contact the seller and have them ship you another one or refund me lol...
Fed Ex took a pic of the house they delivered too? Never heard that one before of a driver taking pics of houses
And u said u contacted the shipper right?
The shipper is the person that shipped it same thing Mitchell & Ness is right? The shipper

Fed Ex took a pic of the house they delivered too? Never heard that one before of a driver taking pics of houses
And u said u contacted the shipper right?
The shipper is the person that shipped it same thing Mitchell & Ness is right? The shipper

No, FedEx express took a picture of the package on the porch as delivered. The house was not mine as I have a red front door and my porch is not the same. I contacted FedEx and they got to the bottom of it. Case closed. By shipper I meant the person shipping the item, NOT THE SELLER.

From the logic in these posts, USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, and any other shipping companies have never made a mistake and can do no wrong lol...

Y'all pretending like these huge shipping companies/corporations are a smaller operation than M&N or better yet a mom and pop shop, or a private seller.

Imagine something happening to your package and you blaming the wrong person. What a time.

No, FedEx express took a picture of the package on the porch as delivered. The house was not mine as I have a red front door and my porch is not the same. I contacted FedEx and they got to the bottom of it. Case closed. By shipper I meant the person shipping the item, NOT THE SELLER.
That’s the carrier then
The shipper is the person that shipped the item..

hey NT fam, could someone let me know if MN made this? I know MN did for the West but I can't seem to find a legit link for the East.

1656519967926.png
1656519995493.png

From the logic in these posts, USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, and any other shipping companies have never made a mistake and can do no wrong lol...

Y'all pretending like these huge shipping companies/corporations are a smaller operation than M&N or better yet a mom and pop shop, or a private seller.

Imagine something happening to your package and you blaming the wrong person. What a time.
I’m blaming the person I paid my money too
That’s life Ups doesn’t have my $300
Mitchell & Ness does and that’s who is expected to refund it back.

what world are we living in? Y'all don't got amazon prime? Like every delivery comes with a picture confirmation of a delivery lol.

what world are we living in? Y'all don't got amazon prime? Like every delivery comes with a picture confirmation of a delivery lol.
Bro I ain’t never seen delivery men take pics of packages. They pull up and deliver and that’s it
They lie about everything I’ve seen my name signed for about 60 packages this year at my job and I ain’t signed for not 1.

The shipper might not be at fault either. Could’ve been someone in the same building that opened it after it was delivered. He said it’s a shared building. Blaming the UPS driver is the same as blaming M&N with no proof.

I’m blaming the person I paid my money too
That’s life Ups doesn’t have my $300
Mitchell & Ness does and that’s who is expected to refund it back.

1.) UPS can get you what you want when it's their fault.
2.) A refund and a chargeback are two different things.

Like I said, it's scummy behavior when you blame the wrong party and you file a chargeback.

1.) UPS can get you what's you want when it's their fault.
2.) A refund and a chargeback are two different things.

Like I said, it's scummy behavior when you blame the wrong party and you file a chargeback.
Chargeback is a last option when the company refuses to refund your money.

The shipper might not be at fault either. Could’ve been someone in the same building that opened it after it was delivered. He said it’s a shared building. Blaming the UPS driver is the same as blaming M&N with no proof.

Exactly. But ppl are quick to blame anyone and want their money back via chargeback that same minute.

Things happen. There are definitely a lot of things as a conscious buyer should do, like avoiding it and getting it delivered to a work or a hub, getting a p.o. box, getting a ring/camera, having someone at home if you know you're expecting an item that if it doesn't get to you will deem you in a life or death situation where you need your money back immediately by any means necessary.

Back
Top Bottom