Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Ellsbury (although hearing he may be the PTBN in the Gonzalez trade)
Really?

If he and Cameron are both healthy I guess, keep a RH bat in there same defense.

[h3]Red Sox getting a healthy CF?[/h3]
12:32PM ET

[h5]Mike Cameron | Red Sox[/h5]

Mike Cameron played just 48 games a year ago due to injury, but the Boston Herald reports Wednesday that the 37-year-old is expected to be healthy and ready for spring training.

A healthy Cameron, if the club has enough confidence in that status, could send the Sox's checkbook in another direction and may be why it's unlikely they'll make a serious run at Carlos Beltran.

It's possible that the player to be named layter in the Adrian Gonzalez trade ends up as Jacoby Ellsbury -- if he's healthy enough -- which would make Cameron the only capable everyday centerfielder.

If they pull off a Beltran trade too...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Sorry Rangers, no way the Yanks let Lee get away, especially with LHHs Crawford and Gonzalez in the BoSox lineup now. They'll hand him a blank check if they have to....
100% agree
How much higher do you really think they're gonna go? Another year? Higher AAV? They might go 6/150M... Any higher than that, I'd be shocked.

Well I think now that Crawford and Gonzo (both lefty) are in Boston, 100% chance Lee is a Yankee. The price has to go up, I won't be surprised if we see a large price increase.

Sources said the initial offer today from the Yankees to Lee was 6 years 140 Mil.

The Yankees could just say "F IT" and go 6 years for 160 which would be about 26 mil a year making it impossible for Lee to turn down

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Sorry Rangers, no way the Yanks let Lee get away, especially with LHHs Crawford and Gonzalez in the BoSox lineup now. They'll hand him a blank check if they have to....
100% agree
How much higher do you really think they're gonna go? Another year? Higher AAV? They might go 6/150M... Any higher than that, I'd be shocked.

Well I think now that Crawford and Gonzo (both lefty) are in Boston, 100% chance Lee is a Yankee. The price has to go up, I won't be surprised if we see a large price increase.

Sources said the initial offer today from the Yankees to Lee was 6 years 140 Mil.

The Yankees could just say "F IT" and go 6 years for 160 which would be about 26 mil a year making it impossible for Lee to turn down

Joel Sherman - In Gonzalez/Crawford, #Redsox get 2 late-20s, lefty-swinging, 2-way stars. This is the answer to Sabathia/Teixeira 2 yrs later #Yankees

This is certainly the Sox counter punch to CC and Tex...

Joel Sherman - In Gonzalez/Crawford, #Redsox get 2 late-20s, lefty-swinging, 2-way stars. This is the answer to Sabathia/Teixeira 2 yrs later #Yankees

This is certainly the Sox counter punch to CC and Tex...

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Ellsbury (although hearing he may be the PTBN in the Gonzalez trade)
Really?

Just heard it too.  Cant believe Crawford to the Red Sox.  
30t6p3b.gif

Do the Angels really need pitching though? I mean, I know you can never have enough. But in there situation....does it make sense to pay for another top pitcher when they have other needs?

Do the Angels really need pitching though? I mean, I know you can never have enough. But in there situation....does it make sense to pay for another top pitcher when they have other needs?

I said it a couple pages back but I heard that if they happen to get Lee they would put Weaver or Santana on the block for offensive help. Weaver would make the most sense and get the most back with him being under contract for the next couple seasons but being a Boras client and you know he's not going to sign an extension. This is all hearsay and rumors so take it with a grain of salt but it does make sense when you think about it.

I said it a couple pages back but I heard that if they happen to get Lee they would put Weaver or Santana on the block for offensive help. Weaver would make the most sense and get the most back with him being under contract for the next couple seasons but being a Boras client and you know he's not going to sign an extension. This is all hearsay and rumors so take it with a grain of salt but it does make sense when you think about it.

Sox have crazy LH hitting now. Crawford, Gonzo, and Ortiz in the middle of the lineup. I do think the Yanks will go 7 years on Lee if that's what it takes.

You know what the scariest thing about all this is...

Werth = 126 Mil

Gonzalez = $154 Mil

Crawford = $142 Mil

What does Pujols get? 180-220 mil??????????????

Sox have crazy LH hitting now. Crawford, Gonzo, and Ortiz in the middle of the lineup. I do think the Yanks will go 7 years on Lee if that's what it takes.

You know what the scariest thing about all this is...

Werth = 126 Mil

Gonzalez = $154 Mil

Crawford = $142 Mil

What does Pujols get? 180-220 mil??????????????

Back
Top Bottom