Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Pujols is going to get 10 years. Whether it's from St. Louis or another team. As iffy of an idea as it is, he's going to get it...

Originally Posted by Proshares

Pujols is going to get 10 years. Whether it's from St. Louis or another team. As iffy of an idea as it is, he's going to get it...

I don't see it.

By that time he will be 31, no way he gets a 10 yr deal maybe if he was under 30 but I just don't see it.

And to think he will get it somewhere else....lets think about that.

Lets say St. Louis can't give him that money and he leaves...he isn't going to the AL East, Sox and Yanks (the teams that CAN spend that type of money) don't need him.

The only AL Central team that could use him would probably be the White Sox but they just signed Konerko to 3 years.

The AL West sucks and Pujols wouldn't take his talents there.

The only other team I see fitting in the NL would be the Dodgers (if the don't get Prince Fielder by then) or maaaybeeee the Giants.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I don't see it.

By that time he will be 31, no way he gets a 10 yr deal maybe if he was under 30 but I just don't see it.

And to think he will get it somewhere else....lets think about that.

Lets say St. Louis can't give him that money and he leaves...he isn't going to the AL East, Sox and Yanks (the teams that CAN spend that type of money) don't need him.

The only AL Central team that could use him would probably be the White Sox but they just signed Konerko to 3 years.

The AL West sucks and Pujols wouldn't take his talents there.

The only other team I see fitting in the NL would be the Dodgers (if the don't get Prince Fielder by then) or maaaybeeee the Giants.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

You know what the scariest thing about all this is...

Werth = 126 Mil

Gonzalez = $154 Mil

Crawford = $142 Mil

What does Pujols get? 180-220 mil??????????????
Pujols SHOULD get A-Rod money imo. The Cards are gonna have to pay up or he'll leave for the AL East where he can win and get paid what he deserves. 
Baseball should get a salary cap because it's not even fair.

What happened to us pursuing Greinke though? 
nerd.gif
The thing with A-Rod money for Pujols is there is no way Pujols gets a 10 year contract. The Yankees signed A-Rod to 10 years thats why he was able to get that much money.

Pujols should easily get 27-30 mil a year, but I don't know if St. Louis can do it. When was the last time the Cardinals made a big splash with a free agent / any player?

Pujols is 30 years old, lets say het gets 30 a year and he would get I'd say 7-8 years so that would be at least 200 mil, which is correct for his talents.
That's what I'm saying,he should get multiple years and 200 mil but I don't know that the Cards would give it to him. They would most likely try since he's the face of their franchise and arguably the best player in baseball
Pujols has repeatedly said he will not negotiate a new contract once spring training begins. That leaves STL with 10 weeks to work out a new contract. IF they fail to come to terms, he'll hit the open market in winter 2011. Best believe he'll get close to A-Rod money in free agency.
Regarding teams not needing him, cmon now. EVERY team would like to have Pujols. Every team will inquire about Pujols, regardless of who's on first base.

You know what the scariest thing about all this is...

Werth = 126 Mil

Gonzalez = $154 Mil

Crawford = $142 Mil

What does Pujols get? 180-220 mil??????????????
Pujols SHOULD get A-Rod money imo. The Cards are gonna have to pay up or he'll leave for the AL East where he can win and get paid what he deserves. 
Baseball should get a salary cap because it's not even fair.

What happened to us pursuing Greinke though? 
nerd.gif
The thing with A-Rod money for Pujols is there is no way Pujols gets a 10 year contract. The Yankees signed A-Rod to 10 years thats why he was able to get that much money.

Pujols should easily get 27-30 mil a year, but I don't know if St. Louis can do it. When was the last time the Cardinals made a big splash with a free agent / any player?

Pujols is 30 years old, lets say het gets 30 a year and he would get I'd say 7-8 years so that would be at least 200 mil, which is correct for his talents.
That's what I'm saying,he should get multiple years and 200 mil but I don't know that the Cards would give it to him. They would most likely try since he's the face of their franchise and arguably the best player in baseball
Pujols has repeatedly said he will not negotiate a new contract once spring training begins. That leaves STL with 10 weeks to work out a new contract. IF they fail to come to terms, he'll hit the open market in winter 2011. Best believe he'll get close to A-Rod money in free agency.
Regarding teams not needing him, cmon now. EVERY team would like to have Pujols. Every team will inquire about Pujols, regardless of who's on first base.

I expect the Yanks to end this Lee cat and mouse game by tomorrow. Won't be suprised if we deal for Greinke before spring training starts either since I expect Andy to retire.

I expect the Yanks to end this Lee cat and mouse game by tomorrow. Won't be suprised if we deal for Greinke before spring training starts either since I expect Andy to retire.

get this...

the entire Yankees outfield; Gardner, Swisher and Granderson will make 2 million less than Crawford will next year.

When was the last time we could say that about the Yankees

get this...

the entire Yankees outfield; Gardner, Swisher and Granderson will make 2 million less than Crawford will next year.

@jaysonst 12 LH hitters in the big leagues got at least 62 extra-base hits in '10. #RedSox now own 3 of them - Crawford, Gonzalez & Big Papi

@jaysonst 12 LH hitters in the big leagues got at least 62 extra-base hits in '10. #RedSox now own 3 of them - Crawford, Gonzalez & Big Papi

Originally Posted by What up

I can't explain how happy I am that my team (Giants) won the championship without these giving these superstar players blank checks. (And for the record Zito was never a superstar and we won despite him/his contract).

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by What up

I can't explain how happy I am that my team (Giants) won the championship without these giving these superstar players blank checks. (And for the record Zito was never a superstar and we won despite him/his contract).

pimp.gif

Great early Christmas gift.
Shut up

Pujols SHOULD get A-Rod money imo. The Cards are gonna have to pay up or he'll leave for the AL East where he can win and get paid what he deserves. Baseball should get a salary cap because it's not even fair.
Again, Shut up!

laugh.gif

Shut up

Pujols SHOULD get A-Rod money imo. The Cards are gonna have to pay up or he'll leave for the AL East where he can win and get paid what he deserves. Baseball should get a salary cap because it's not even fair.
Again, Shut up!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Shut up

Again, Shut up!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Shut up

Again, Shut up!

laugh.gif

get this...

laugh.gif

C'Mon Man

2012 salaries:

1b Gonzales - $6.3M
2b Pedroia - $5.75M
SS Lowrie - Peanuts
3b Youkilis- $12.25M
C Saltalamachia - $750 K

Infield Total = $26 M (Factoring Lowrie's Peanuts)

Alex Rodriguez - $32 Million
Teixeira - $24 Million

It's always two rich pricks who spent a ton of money on houses and are arguing price per square footage.

get this...

laugh.gif

C'Mon Man

2012 salaries:

1b Gonzales - $6.3M
2b Pedroia - $5.75M
SS Lowrie - Peanuts
3b Youkilis- $12.25M
C Saltalamachia - $750 K

Infield Total = $26 M (Factoring Lowrie's Peanuts)

Alex Rodriguez - $32 Million
Teixeira - $24 Million

It's always two rich pricks who spent a ton of money on houses and are arguing price per square footage.

Back
Top Bottom