Official MLB Offseason Post: Michael Young asks for a trade.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Great early Christmas gift.
Shut up

Pujols SHOULD get A-Rod money imo. The Cards are gonna have to pay up or he'll leave for the AL East where he can win and get paid what he deserves. Baseball should get a salary cap because it's not even fair.
Again, Shut up!

laugh.gif

Hardly.  It is what it is.

You really didn't add much substance to the thread.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Great early Christmas gift.
Shut up

Pujols SHOULD get A-Rod money imo. The Cards are gonna have to pay up or he'll leave for the AL East where he can win and get paid what he deserves. Baseball should get a salary cap because it's not even fair.
Again, Shut up!

laugh.gif

Hardly.  It is what it is.

You really didn't add much substance to the thread.
glasses.gif

@ iron man
I wasn't trying to add substance, just voicing my opinion.
SC dudes shouldn't be hating on each other

@ iron man
I wasn't trying to add substance, just voicing my opinion.
SC dudes shouldn't be hating on each other

Nope, not hating either.

I'm a big baseball fan, so I know very well how it works with free agents.  Red Sox and Yankees basically get first dibs due to their deep pockets.

If the Yankees and Red Sox are in, fuggettaboutit.  The funny thing is that everyone thought Crawford was an Angel "lock".  Once the Red Sox rumors started swirling around, it would've been hard for Arte Moreno to outbid.  It is difficult for anyone to outbid the Red Sox, just like the Red Sox (they come close) still can't outbid the Yankees.

No reason to hate, it sucks for the other teams in the AL East.  It sucks for Prince Fielder and Albert Pujols if the Red Sox lock Adrian Gonzales up.  I doubt Pujols leaves the Cardinals, but just the fact that they can't use the Red Sox and Yankees is crippling when it comes to negotiations.

Once the playoffs start it really doesn't matter which is evident based on the diversity of Champions in the past decade.  However, the Orioles, Blue Jays and now the Rays have a tough mountain to climb to even compete in that Division.

Boston adds Carl Crawford.

Orioles respond by trading for JJ Hardy.

laugh.gif
What do you expect them to do?  They can't compete in that arms race.

I will say this now, the Crawford contract is just as bad as the Werth contract.

Nope, not hating either.

I'm a big baseball fan, so I know very well how it works with free agents.  Red Sox and Yankees basically get first dibs due to their deep pockets.

If the Yankees and Red Sox are in, fuggettaboutit.  The funny thing is that everyone thought Crawford was an Angel "lock".  Once the Red Sox rumors started swirling around, it would've been hard for Arte Moreno to outbid.  It is difficult for anyone to outbid the Red Sox, just like the Red Sox (they come close) still can't outbid the Yankees.

No reason to hate, it sucks for the other teams in the AL East.  It sucks for Prince Fielder and Albert Pujols if the Red Sox lock Adrian Gonzales up.  I doubt Pujols leaves the Cardinals, but just the fact that they can't use the Red Sox and Yankees is crippling when it comes to negotiations.

Once the playoffs start it really doesn't matter which is evident based on the diversity of Champions in the past decade.  However, the Orioles, Blue Jays and now the Rays have a tough mountain to climb to even compete in that Division.

Boston adds Carl Crawford.

Orioles respond by trading for JJ Hardy.

laugh.gif
What do you expect them to do?  They can't compete in that arms race.

I will say this now, the Crawford contract is just as bad as the Werth contract.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

i dont see the yankees competing with the redsox with that lineup. 

Not even competing? Really? 
Provided the Yanks get Lee, there should be a great race in the AL east next summer. You have to remember, Gonzalez and Crawford are replacing the production of Beltre and Martinez, so while it is a significant upgrade, it's not THAT drastic. I would favor the BoSox as of right now though.

Not even competing? Really? 
Provided the Yanks get Lee, there should be a great race in the AL east next summer. You have to remember, Gonzalez and Crawford are replacing the production of Beltre and Martinez, so while it is a significant upgrade, it's not THAT drastic. I would favor the BoSox as of right now though.

this is crazy talk.

Although the Sox are the favorite and IMO favorite in the entire league to win it all, the Yankees are easily 2nd especially with the addition of Lee.

The Yankees are losing no one of importance while potentially adding a top 5 pitcher in the league...it's going to be interesting

this is crazy talk.

Although the Sox are the favorite and IMO favorite in the entire league to win it all, the Yankees are easily 2nd especially with the addition of Lee.

The Yankees are losing no one of importance while potentially adding a top 5 pitcher in the league...it's going to be interesting

Back
Top Bottom