Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by upstateboibeats

Originally Posted by BlackCease

Damn, Rogers was impressive even with the loss, he won that first round and had Fedor in the most trouble he's been in for a while.

And Fedor didn't look as impressive as usual out there...he's still got his power and that champions edge, but he's getting a little sloppy now and I wouldn't bet on dude making it out of his strikeforce contract and then still having enough in him to wreck Brock like he would've a couple years ago. Maybe it was just an off night though, I guess we'll see next fight.
Sloppy? Or confident?
grin.gif
What does confidence have to do with sloppy grappling and almost get pounded out by a 260+ lb dude in mount position? Get off his !##%.
laugh.gif

Anyway, like somebody else said he's been in trouble before many times and still came through with the win, that's definitely a mark of a champ andhe's basically gonna be the favorite until the day he finally loses, I just wasn't expecting Brett Rogers to take it to him like he did.

Originally Posted by eddiee21

That was a very entertaining card. Better than some of the last few UFC ppvs.

Mousasi is dope, he's definitely gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the LHW division. I wish Mayhem would've won. Shields would get dominated by GSP. I thought Fedor broke his nose and I was worried he would get defeated but again he pulls off the win in spectacular fashion.

fedor-emelianenko-rvca-cornerman-tee.jpg
copped
pimp.gif
+ white/red XII's =
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BlackCease

What does confidence have to do with sloppy grappling and almost get pounded out by a 260+ lb dude in mount position? Get off his !##%.
laugh.gif

Anyway, like somebody else said he's been in trouble before many times and still came through with the win, that's definitely a mark of a champ and he's basically gonna be the favorite until the day he finally loses, I just wasn't expecting Brett Rogers to take it to him like he did.
Maybe I was watching a different fight? The groundwork by Fedor was not crisp by any means, but unless I'm crazy, I don't ever rememberRogers being in full mount and raining on Fedor. Maybe I have to go back and re-watch the fight, but I thought Fedor had him in his full guard (albeit a looseone with Rogers posturing up to throw). Admittedly I am a Fedor fan/apologist and I never thought he was in trouble, even when Rogers was standing over himand throwing punches. Sure Fedor ate a couple of good blows but even then he was working to try and isolate that arm and in fact used a sub attempt totransition out of that position.

I was actually more excited about the Miller v. Shields fight. I like both fighters but wanted to see how Shields would fare against a bigger dude likeMayhem. Shields's standup is still trash, but his wrestling looked as SOLID as ever. That being said, he wouldn't make it 5 rounds with GSP let aloneany of the top 185ers in the world. I know people are calling for Mousasi v. Hendo, but I think Hendo (assuming he wants to fight at 185) should get a crackat Shields. If so, I think we got a new Strikeforce Middleweight champ. With Hendo's wrestling and his wild (yet ridiculously powerful) right hand, Ithink it might be a bit much for Shields. I think it would be best for Shields to drop down to 170 if only they could get him some talent to fight. GSP woulddemolish him at 170, 185, open weight with nail bats, it doesn't matter.

Mousasi is trouble for anyone right now. Although I still think A. Silva would beat him, it wouldn't be a Forrest Griffin like destruction. Comparedagainst UFC's 205ers, I think he can keep up with the likes of a Shogun, and MAYBE Machida (assuming he game plans correctly like Shogun did). Dude isdefinitely no joke.

As much as I love watching any MMA from the smallest independent orgs on up to the UFC, watching these CBS Strikeforce events is sometimes difficult. Thefights/matchups are great. The fighters are great. The production value could use a little bit of help and it comes off slightly cheesy. The problem thoughis Gus Johnson. Dude is an idiot plain and simple. Not only can he not call a fight, his interview skills suck terribly. My girl was watching the event withme and she was as annoyed as I was. Good thing, since her client is CBS. Not that she can get anything done (as she works with a completely differentdept/division) but she was like "geez, this is so bad I have to tell my client how terrible this announcer is and that she needs to get the message to theproduction team that they need to find a replacement". Here's hoping for a miracle!

Nah Rogers was NEVER in mount... Fedor made an armbar attempt while on his back, and im PRETTTTTTTY sure you cant do that while fully mounted
laugh.gif

And i def agree Mojo... Fedor was never really in danger IMO, hes been in worse positions before in previous fights than he was when he was on his back.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

all these fairweather mma fans.
eyes.gif

I'm sorry, but I can't clown "fairweather fans".

They're the reason why MMA is on over-the-air network television.

It should be exciting that all these new people are being drawn to the sport. New interest increases participation and money being spent that would otherwisego to other forms of entertainment.

In the long run, we're talking about better athletes competing in the sport, more events and fights, and overall a more accepting landscape for MMA tosucceed.

^^^^^^nah he took some heavy shots when rogers let loose there. a few more and the ref might have stopped it just by the look of them even if he wasnt hurt.

but fedor's composure is top notch.

If Hendo fight Mousasi, he gonna get wrecked. That dude may be worthy to challenge Spider.

Anyone else think the greatest fight would be Spider vs. Fedor at like 215?

Originally Posted by jbone2308

If Hendo fight Mousasi, he gonna get wrecked. That dude may be worthy to challenge Spider.
i can see why some might think that but it wouldnt be all that close at all.

you think soko could have put Silva in some of the situations he had mousasi in?

i dont think hendo gets 'wrecked' at all.

hendo probably has the toughest quality of opponent over his career than anyone in the sport. and his record is still sparkling.

he hasnt really slowed all that much either.

plus he's never been stopped by strikes. ever.

hendo hasnt been throttled by anyone, and i dont think mousasi is the guy.

though, i imagine hendo's ageless wonder act is going to stop soon, and mousasi is a serious talent.

it would be a great fight.

Whatever happened to Fedor's brother, Alexander? I remember him failing some sort of blood test awhile back, havent heard from him since.

eyes.gif
Are you serious? Hendo is like the only dude to win around against Spider. Plus, Henderson's chin is unrivaled. I doubt Mousasi could knock him out. Hendo has fought Spider, Wandy (twice), Rampage and Belfortwithout getting KO'ed.

Anyone else think the greatest fight would be Spider vs. Fedor at like 215?
I dont think that Hendo would get wrecked, but I think that Mousasi would be real tough to handle. If I was a betting man ( I am) my money wouldbe on Mousasi if it came in anywhere near even money.

As far as Spider v. Fedor at 215, as neat as that would be, Fedor would never make the cut. Even though he is a small HW by today's standard, I'mpretty sure he is on record as saying he has zero interest in trying to make any weight cut to take fights at 205 (and probably not at a close catchweight).

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Whatever happened to Fedor's brother, Alexander? I remember him failing some sort of blood test awhile back, havent heard from him since.

supposedly he cant get a work permit to fight in the states due to Hepatitis b, he says he doesnt have it but i dont see him fighting over here anytime soon

new series of Round 5's?

Damn I wish I wasn't so broke. I only got a couple of em so far (Wandy and Page) but want to get more. My friends gimme crap for buying MMA toys (actionfigures you idiots!) but these things are pretty awesome. I want to put up some shelving in my office so I can buy the whole set and put them on display.

These Round 5 figurines are a WAAAAY cheaper alternative to the Japanese HAO ones. Unfortunately they don't (and probably won't) make a Sakuraba one soI am going to have to suck it up and pay the $200 going rate for the HAO Saku figurine, cause that is my dude! I told my girl I want to do the Saku walk-in(with the luche libre masks) for the wedding party introductions at my wedding in Feb but she said no chance in hell will she allow me to wear a wrestling maskwhen we are first introduced to all our friends and family as husband and wife. Damn...

Originally Posted by eddiee21

That was a very entertaining card. Better than some of the last few UFC ppvs.

Mousasi is dope, he's definitely gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the LHW division. I wish Mayhem would've won. Shields would get dominated by GSP. I thought Fedor broke his nose and I was worried he would get defeated but again he pulls off the win in spectacular fashion.

fedor-emelianenko-rvca-cornerman-tee.jpg
copped
pimp.gif

I went to the event....and by the time the main card had started they sold out of all three colors of this shirt...and they had BOXESSSSSS when I got mine.

And on a side note lol...

2hxvlvp.jpg

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

new series of Round 5's?

Damn I wish I wasn't so broke. I only got a couple of em so far (Wandy and Page) but want to get more. My friends gimme crap for buying MMA toys (action figures you idiots!) but these things are pretty awesome. I want to put up some shelving in my office so I can buy the whole set and put them on display.

These Round 5 figurines are a WAAAAY cheaper alternative to the Japanese HAO ones. Unfortunately they don't (and probably won't) make a Sakuraba one so I am going to have to suck it up and pay the $200 going rate for the HAO Saku figurine, cause that is my dude! I told my girl I want to do the Saku walk-in (with the luche libre masks) for the wedding party introductions at my wedding in Feb but she said no chance in hell will she allow me to wear a wrestling mask when we are first introduced to all our friends and family as husband and wife. Damn...

$200 for a figurine. hells no.

besides prefer if they made more realistic one like the ones they make for the NBA, NFL, NHL, etc.

imagine a photo realistic gsp mid superman jab, mirko mid high kick, chuck in that signature pose, machida in his leaned back karate stance, hendo with thatright hand cocked high and back, randy in his depends, arlovski in the middle of getting ktfo.

that would be dope.

the Jakks Pacific ones are more real to scale but they look like bootleg GI Joes. I kinda like the cartoonish style of the HAO and Round 5 figurines,especially if I have the entire set on display. That being said, if they ever made McFarlane MMA Action Figures I'd be all over them in a heartbeat.I'm like a stupid kid on Christmas when it comes to MMA related toys and gear. I'm hoping fathead starts making more MMA ones in addition to the one BJPenn Fathead they have for sale.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

eyes.gif
Are you serious? Hendo is like the only dude to win a round against Spider. Plus, Henderson's chin is unrivaled. I doubt Mousasi could knock him out. Hendo has fought Spider, Wandy (twice), Rampage and Belfort without getting KO'ed.
I could be wrong but I believe the only reason Hendo went down from Andersons strikes to get choked out was because he didn't want to getKO'd or a TKO. Anderson put together a nice combo that was gonna lead to more strikes to knock him out. You guys are right Hendo has had a great crop ofopponents. But you don't think Mousasi strikes accurate and hard enough to put him down if not submit him?

Back
Top Bottom