Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

sonnen was a minute away from being the champ. props to silva, a champ always finds a way to win. imo, sonnen backed up all his talk, he should def get a rematch

He needs to want a rematch. After the fight he acted like his career as a fighter wasn't that important. He earned my respect but his lack for Martial Arts, the sport, and his opponents is what brought justice on all of this.

Anderson is a Martial Artist and a champion, which like LESNAR find ways to win when they are losing.

Perfect scenerio with it being in California because Spider finished in the 4th like the Mamba does on a regular.

Rematch!!!! next time chael sonnen will definitly beat anderson for the 185lbs belt.. anderson got lucky with that triangle, on the rematch chael will be ready for that.

so dissapointed at Chael
tired.gif
 so close yet so far.  This was his only shot and he blew it. 
pimp.gif
 @ him doing what almost everybody failed to do, dominating AS.

Even if they get a rematch I think AS will take it more than likely because going in to this fight AS pretty much underestimated Chael.  Next fight comes AS will be more prepared.

Originally Posted by truubrasilian33

like they said. chael did not backed up everything he said. where the win? and the twelve pound of gold?
this guy is a joke and i cannot listen to him. silva is all on the firendly and respective side, its a good look for the sport. but chael just cares about winning and maybe why he always comes in second place.
i disagree.  silva has a habit of disrespecting his opponent and being a jerk in the cage.  main reason he's lost a lot of fans in the past year or two.  in this fight sonnen took on the heel role and silva played the good guy.
him and soares already had an excuse ready in case he lost the fight (silva's hurt rib).  he's turning into bj penn with all the excuses.  i wonder if chael could feel he was getting set up for a triangle.  he just needs to train all sub defense next time, he keeps getting tapped out by brasilians.  it did look like anderson was taking punches to the face early in the fight and showing that they didn't hurt him.  he normally moves like in the matrix and makes guys punch air.

maybe now dana white can stop bs'ing for awhile and stop saying how anderson is the best p4p.  i think gsp is at the top now.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

He needs to want a rematch. After the fight he acted like his career as a fighter wasn't that important. He earned my respect but his lack for Martial Arts, the sport, and his opponents is what brought justice on all of this.

Anderson is a Martial Artist and a champion, which like LESNAR find ways to win when they are losing.

Perfect scenerio with it being in California because Spider finished in the 4th like the Mamba does on a regular.
5th RD

Sonned shouldn't get the rematch yet, Belfort is next up then maybe give Sonnen the title match

Originally Posted by AG 47

say what you want, but Champions find ways to win.
All it comes down to right here, I got no problems with Silva's win because he was getting taken down repeatedly but still finding ways to do damage.

From most fighters you would probably see multiple desperate attempted and failed escapes and submissions but Silva seemed like he was collected the entire time and lulled Sonnen into that triangle... He just waited for the time that he felt would be the best chance for him to succeed and it worked out, and hes still the champ.

And in no way am I a Silva rider.

mad props to chael sonnen. he was winning the majority of the fight. most people would say that he could have stalled and just use lay n pray tactics like most wrestlers usually do. but he didnt, he stayed busy and looked for the finish. too bad he lost focus though at the end of the fight.

great composure and perseverance by anderson silva. he was outworked and outmatched 90% of the time during the fight. everyone including silva didnt give enough credit to sonnen's striking ability, and it showed.

awesome and very entertaining main event... immediate rematch!!!

none of the other fighters in middleweight division can take on silva. vitor is a great striker but he doesnt have that toughness and durability. akiyama might be able have a chance being that hes asian LOL. asians are the spider's kryptonite 
laugh.gif

If you didnt watch the fight, you would have thought Chael was the one on the bottom the whole fight. Just by lookin at his face

Chael did great, i hope for a rematch but
The way he was conducting that interview with Rogan made it look like he was recosidering the sport all together

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

If you didnt watch the fight, you would have thought Chael was the one on the bottom the whole fight. Just by lookin at his face

Chael did great, i hope for a rematch but
The way he was conducting that interview with Rogan made it look like he was recosidering the sport all together
That's true, Silva did some damage from his back with his vicious elbows. Silva's face was flawless after
laugh.gif

Sonnen in the post fight press conference sounded like he wasn't going anywhere. So it's cool.

This is what I find myself wondering after the fight...

What damage did Sonnen really do?

Never once did I think Silva looked dazed. Sure he got surprised on his feet a few times, but it never looked like he was hurt. No matter how dominant Sonnen was on the ground, Silva never looked flustered, rushed, frustrated, anything.

He started every round with energy and did a ton of damage from the bottom.

I wanna re-watch the fight so I can pay a little more attention because I watched it in a bar with 200 other people, but I don't think anyone can beat Anderson.

With another Phil Davis domination, where do you guys think he stacks up with other LHWs?

I don't know how people seriously think Silva will stay unbeaten. Fathertime is catching up, the speed, accuracy, and power shown in previous fights wasn't there last night. Sonnen developed the blueprint, and there are several guys who can cash in and beat him decisively. Not matter how much he practices his sprawl, his long, skinny legs are going to get devoured by great wrestlers with relentless single/double leg takedowns and great guard passing.

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

I don't know how people seriously think Silva will stay unbeaten. Fathertime is catching up, the speed, accuracy, and power shown in previous fights wasn't there last night. Sonnen developed the blueprint, and there are several guys who can cash in and beat him decisively. Not matter how much he practices his sprawl, his long, skinny legs are going to get devoured by great wrestlers with relentless single/double leg takedowns and great guard passing.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Every grappler that has every fought Anderson has tried the same game plan, take him down and GnP him. Cael success last night was not because he tried something different it was because he was the more success in executing the same old gameplan.

And I am sure Anderson will be beaten one day, but to say all of a sudden there are several guys capable of beating up on Anderson, is in my opinion, a joke. Only Sonnen has a chance of beating Anderson right now, Vitor I am not sure about, Okami will not be able to control Anderson on the ground and will get wrecked standing and the rest of the contenders are mostly strikers or people Anderson already made his #@@++.

My boy yelling like a clefairy when sonnen tapped...fool is hysterically screaming at the top of his lungs, hysterical...im in the back in the red

Back
Top Bottom