Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by ej

Rematch!!!! next time chael sonnen will definitly beat anderson for the 185lbs belt.. anderson got lucky with that triangle, on the rematch chael will be ready for that.

I disagree. Sonnen was actually lucky he didn't get caught in a submission earlier. But as somebody else stated above, it appears Father Time is catching up with Silva at 35. Who knew he had super strong skin? Sonnen isn't a hard puncher for the most part, but there were a few times he hit Silva with some powerful shots... dude's head was bouncing off the mat.
eek.gif
Silva's skin is absolutely unbreakable... he should come out with his own line of cosmetics in Brazil. His unbreakable skin definitely saved him in this fight. No way is Silva the best pound-for-pound fighter anymore, that title now belongs to GSP or Jose Aldo. I'm leaning towards Aldo until GSP proves he can finish his opponents again.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Silvawas/is regarded as the best pound-for-pound fighter on this planetbecause of his previous fights and his domination. Going into thisfight 99% of people said Silva would win easily. Anderson did NOTHINGin this fight that backs up the point of him being the best PFPfighter. If you are the best then w/e style is thrown at you you canadapt, adjust and gain an advantage. At one point during the fightSilva had his hands at his thighs taking punches ON PURPOSE. As if toshow he is some bad $%! and he could eat punches, meanwhile he isgetting taken down like a god damn rag doll. Listen, Silva is amazing,I'm not saying he isnt but he was really out performed in this fightand it goes to show you that Silva has holes. I understand that comingfrom behind is huge, and everyone always gets a kick out of it andprops to Silva for finding a way to submit Chael but what I'm saying isfrom an overall body of work perspective of the fight. Chael won inevery aspect of the fight.
When Silva drops his hands, he isn't trying to eat punches. He's trying to show he's quick enough to dodge punches... watch his fight against the Forrest Griffin. However, it definitely seems likes he's lost some quickness and explosiveness. Sonnen isn't quick, he just has an endless motor. If he was able to tag Silva a few times, Silva is definitely not as quick as he was once was.

Like alot of people who watched the Silva v Sonnen fight I think that there should be a rematch but Belfort will probably end up getting a shot at Silva first. In case Sonnen doesn't get a rematch I would love to see him move up to 205 lbs for one match just to face Rashad. Over his past couple of fights Rashad's gameplan has been to take his opponents down and lay on them. I think that Sonnen would push Rashad just like he did with Silva and it would be a great matchup.

Originally Posted by doyung9

This is what I find myself wondering after the fight...

What damage did Sonnen really do?

Never once did I think Silva looked dazed. Sure he got surprised on his feet a few times, but it never looked like he was hurt. No matter how dominant Sonnen was on the ground, Silva never looked flustered, rushed, frustrated, anything.

He started every round with energy and did a ton of damage from the bottom.

I wanna re-watch the fight so I can pay a little more attention because I watched it in a bar with 200 other people, but I don't think anyone can beat Anderson.

I re-watched it and I thought the same thing you did.
for everything aggresive and great that Chael did, he wasnt Killing Silva.
SIlva rolled with every major punch that he took except for the 1st shot of the fight.
even on the matt Silva rolled withe the big sweeping punches. 

I could see Silva calculating how he was going to submit him, it just came later than he probably thought.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by doyung9

This is what I find myself wondering after the fight...

What damage did Sonnen really do?

Never once did I think Silva looked dazed. Sure he got surprised on his feet a few times, but it never looked like he was hurt. No matter how dominant Sonnen was on the ground, Silva never looked flustered, rushed, frustrated, anything.

He started every round with energy and did a ton of damage from the bottom.

I wanna re-watch the fight so I can pay a little more attention because I watched it in a bar with 200 other people, but I don't think anyone can beat Anderson.

I re-watched it and I thought the same thing you did.
for everything aggresive and great that Chael did, he wasnt Killing Silva.
SIlva rolled with every major punch that he took except for the 1st shot of the fight.
even on the matt Silva rolled withe the big sweeping punches. 

I could see Silva calculating how he was going to submit him, it just came later than he probably thought.
Reports are that Silva is out until at least March before he can get cleared to do anything. I would have to say Silva was hurt. He just didn't show it.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

I don't know how people seriously think Silva will stay unbeaten. Fathertime is catching up, the speed, accuracy, and power shown in previous fights wasn't there last night. Sonnen developed the blueprint, and there are several guys who can cash in and beat him decisively. Not matter how much he practices his sprawl, his long, skinny legs are going to get devoured by great wrestlers with relentless single/double leg takedowns and great guard passing.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Every grappler that has every fought Anderson has tried the same game plan, take him down and GnP him. Cael success last night was not because he tried something different it was because he was the more success in executing the same old gameplan.

And I am sure Anderson will be beaten one day, but to say all of a sudden there are several guys capable of beating up on Anderson, is in my opinion, a joke. Only Sonnen has a chance of beating Anderson right now, Vitor I am not sure about, Okami will not be able to control Anderson on the ground and will get wrecked standing and the rest of the contenders are mostly strikers or people Anderson already made his %%@%*.

I never said grappler I meant pure wrestler with great passing ability. I guess the laughs on you that you can't read. Silva hasn't wrestled a guy with strong control and great single/double tds ever and Sonnen was his first. Hendo, Nate, and Lutter are not folkstyle/freestyle wrestlers or has the td that Sonnen had. Guys like Jon Jones, Evans, if they dropped. Jake Shields, who's very underrated, the guys got relentless tds, a solid chin, and some of the best submission grappling at 170/185. And you act like Okami is garbage, dude has a granite chin, never been finished in almost 7 yrs, solid takedowns, excellent control, and is much bigger than Silva. Hes the 185 Jon Fitch, dude will grind and break you down. Call me crazy, but Fitch also is guy who put some work on Silva.

A lot of this is Dana and Silva's fault, they would never admit it, but it is. They purposely put him against guys like Cote, Leities, Maia, and Irvin, because he wanted him to beat up tomato cans and get him labeled by the MMA world as the p4p since Fedor never wanted to sign. And once, Silva stopped fighting, they had to put pressure him, because the media and fan scrutiny was on . They did this with Chuck when he was champ, so this isn't the first time, the UFC tried to manipulate the audience that they had the superior fighter.

Oh and Silva is out until March, I hate Ed Soares. Another power move by him. Get Sonnen and Belfort to fight, and hope one eliminates the other. But eight months to rest for cracked ribs is something though, an injury that only takes 6 weeks to heal.

Originally Posted by MiKeY iCe 23

My boy yelling like a clefairy when sonnen tapped...fool is hysterically screaming at the top of his lungs, hysterical...im in the back in the red
I can't imagine watching fights in a small room with a few ppl. Atmosphere at bars just make it better.
laugh.gif

time to revive this thread in time for WEC 50!

^ btw aint no one sleeping on Okami. People been up on Okami for awhile now, but kinda put him on the backburner when he had the extended layoff due to injuries.

I am an Okami fan but lets be serious for a minute. Its not like he exactly steamrolled Munoz who is gatekeeper status at best.

IMO... Marquardt > Okami. Phenom > Okami. Hell... the way Leben fought the last two fights, I'd love to see him fight Okami.

but back to WEC 50. I sincerely hope that Benavidez lays the smackdown on Cruz. Hopefully Cruz's footwork, speed, and range aren't going to be too much for Joe to close the gap and get in close. Pettis v. Roller should be a battle to and honestly I don't know whos going to pull that one out. I think both fights have FOTY candidate written all over em.

i know its bad form to do so, but i wanted to bump this thread.

dont sleep on this card folks. we should see some very entertaining facts.

i am highly highly regretting my bet but i'm already locked in.

Benavidez 1u to win 1.95u @ +195

had to get in on a last minute to try and break even (cause I'm not feelin so good bout the Benavidez bet) and go Roller 1.95u to win 1u @ -195. Hopefully solid wrestling prevails tonight.

Hopefully Roller can do what he did to Njokuani to get the W.

Not really sure about the main card since I've only seen Cruz and Benavidez once, but I'm pulling for Jorgenson against Pickett. WEC back on versus!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Pettis triangle was nasty. those kicks are crazy, 1st time Ive seen him fight

ive seen him fight a couple times now. hes one of my favorite fighters to watch now, up there with Bones Jones.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Griffin admits Jon Jones will 'whoop my %%+'[/h1]
ESPN staff
August 20, 2010 « Kuyt ponders Inter Milan switch | Anderson returns to training, Rio still out »
5392.2.jpg

In a quite refreshing piece of honesty, Forrest Griffin has confessed Jon Jones would 'whoop my %%+' if speculation proves to be true that Griffin is the youngster's next opponent.

Griffin is currently enduring a lengthy absence due to a shoulder injury, having pulled out of a UFC 114 clash with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. The former TUF competitor has not fought since UFC 106 when he beat Tito Ortiz in November 2009.

His return is expected to come at UFC 123 against 23-year-old light-heavyweight starlet Jones, who has been guaranteed a top-10 opponent following his destruction of Vladimir Matyushenko. Griffin admits he would not turn the fight down, but in a shocking piece of realism he confessed he would expect to be beaten as badly as he was by Anderson Silva at UFC 101.

"I hope I am not fighting Jon 'Bones' Jones," Griffin told the Jason Ellis Show on Sirius XM radio. "I might be. F*** it; if I am, I am. I will do it.

"But I am not even training right now. That is a bad dude. That dude will whoop my %%+. F*** it. What is the worst, I mean, it could not be worse than Anderson Silva. It should not be worse than that, right?

"Every fight I go into, no matter what happens, it could not be worse than Anderson Silva. [Anderson punched me] repeatedly and I was very confused. I tried to punch him and he literally moved his head out of the way and looked at me like I was stupid for doing it.

"He looked at me like, 'why would you do such a stupid thing?' He looked at me like, 'oh, did you really think you were going to hit me? What a stupid thing to think, you slow slow white boy.' Then he punched me. I felt embarrassed for even trying to punch him."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by chino905

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Griffin admits Jon Jones will 'whoop my %%+'[/h1]
ESPN staff
August 20, 2010 « Kuyt ponders Inter Milan switch | Anderson returns to training, Rio still out »
5392.2.jpg

In a quite refreshing piece of honesty, Forrest Griffin has confessed Jon Jones would 'whoop my %%+' if speculation proves to be true that Griffin is the youngster's next opponent.

Griffin is currently enduring a lengthy absence due to a shoulder injury, having pulled out of a UFC 114 clash with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. The former TUF competitor has not fought since UFC 106 when he beat Tito Ortiz in November 2009.

His return is expected to come at UFC 123 against 23-year-old light-heavyweight starlet Jones, who has been guaranteed a top-10 opponent following his destruction of Vladimir Matyushenko. Griffin admits he would not turn the fight down, but in a shocking piece of realism he confessed he would expect to be beaten as badly as he was by Anderson Silva at UFC 101.

"I hope I am not fighting Jon 'Bones' Jones," Griffin told the Jason Ellis Show on Sirius XM radio. "I might be. F*** it; if I am, I am. I will do it.

"But I am not even training right now. That is a bad dude. That dude will whoop my %%+. F*** it. What is the worst, I mean, it could not be worse than Anderson Silva. It should not be worse than that, right?

"Every fight I go into, no matter what happens, it could not be worse than Anderson Silva. [Anderson punched me] repeatedly and I was very confused. I tried to punch him and he literally moved his head out of the way and looked at me like I was stupid for doing it.

"He looked at me like, 'why would you do such a stupid thing?' He looked at me like, 'oh, did you really think you were going to hit me? What a stupid thing to think, you slow slow white boy.' Then he punched me. I felt embarrassed for even trying to punch him."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This fool Forrest is probably one of the smartest, realest fighters out.

Not to mention, his books are hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom