Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

yea ticketmaster had em up. hopefully all the cheap seats arent sold out if you guys are interested in going.

I'm gonna have to take off from work to go to the trump tower signing.
ohwell.gif

In celebration of UFC 84...

Champs Sports and Premier Fighter are bringing you an appearance by Clay Guida and Matt Hamill from 6-8PM on Friday May 23rd,at brand new Champs Sports location in Miracle Mile Mall in Las Vegas, NV...

AND...

Champs Sports and Cage Fighter are bringing Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin to Champs Sports, Miracle Mile Mall, Las Vegas,NV on Saturday, May24th...

1:30 to 3:00PM - Chuck Liddell
3:00 to 4:30PM - Forrest Griffin

These events are FREE and open to the public...no purchase required...BUT, if you are going to go, show up early...as large crowds are expected the day of thefight, especially for an appearance with Chuck and Forrest a few hundred feet from the MGM Grand...

JM

Less than a week out from UFC 84. Time for predictions

Main Card
BJ Penn v. Sean Sherk
Wanderlei Silva v. Keith Jardine
Wilson Gouveia v. Goran Reljic
Tito Ortiz v. Lyoto Machida
Thiago Silva v. Antonio Mendes

Undercard
Ivan Salaverry v. Rousimar Palhares
Rameau Sokoudjou v. Kazuhiro Nakamura
Rich Clementi v. Terry Etim
Jon Koppenhaver v. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Jason Tan v. Dong Hyun Kim
Christian Wellisch v. Shane Carwin

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

What part of AZ you in? Anaheim cant be more than what... a 6-7 hour drive from PHX? Make the trip man
My spending budget doesn't call for a trip out of state for an MMA show
ohwell.gif
. Especially with a baby on the way. Now on with my predictions!

Main Card
BJ Penn v. Sean Sherk

Undercard

Here we go baby.......UFC 84 its a new BJ Penn: smarter, confident, and a lot of hate for athletes that cheat by using steriods. I know penn is going forthe win, his cardio is going to be alright especially with all that training of grappling and practice with "The California Kid" Urijah Faber....dengits on.Yeah sherk has cardio for days, I give that to him, but like BJ said, " What will sherk do when he get's on his back?". Bj's BJJ ismany notches above any of sherks past opponents. He's not going to disappoint me and others from Hilo i have nothing to worry about. Arlovski isn'tgoing to make an appearance we need to stop saying that...Dana is going to sign him again. Wanderlei silva needs to win this fight with jardine and stopthinking about moving down to middleweight....and start continuing his legacy at 205, Theres a 50/50 chance he could be cutt from the organization if hecontinues a loosing streak; We'll, theres always DREAM the new PRIDE. And for Tito win or lose, EliteXC might be his next destination, can i say TITO Vs.FRANK SHAMROCK II?? That's a hell of a rematch.

Main Card
BJ Penn v. Sean Sherk

Undercard

I might head out to the EliteXC autograph signing in a bit. I'll try and take pics...

EDIT: Just got back from the autogrpah signing. I got autgraphs from everyone who was supposed to be there, including Robbie. I took pics with Nick and Gina.Frank, Nick, Gina, and Phil were cool. Jake and Robbie seemed annoyed, probably because no one was asking to take pics with them. Hahaha.

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

Wanderlei silva needs to win this fight with jardine and stop thinking about moving down to middleweight....and start continuing his legacy at 205, Theres a 50/50 chance he could be cutt from the organization if he continues a loosing streak;

doubt it. Dana is not going to cut Silva because Silva is exciting and he puts butts in seats. As a fan I will always be willing to pay my $45 to watchSilva fight on a PPV. win or lose that guys brings it.

Main Card
BJ Penn v. Sean Sherk

Undercard

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

Wanderlei silva needs to win this fight with jardine and stop thinking about moving down to middleweight....and start continuing his legacy at 205, Theres a 50/50 chance he could be cutt from the organization if he continues a loosing streak;

doubt it. Dana is not going to cut Silva because Silva is exciting and he puts butts in seats. As a fan I will always be willing to pay my $45 to watch Silva fight on a PPV. win or lose that guys brings it.
Your right about that but in a recent audio that me and others heared from the sherdog forums dana white stating that wanderlei needs to win, we needpeople that win. Or else he might get the cutt.

Just got back from the Affliction: Banned Press Conference. The turnout was less than I expected. Probably about 200 fans total, another 50 or sopress/photographers, and many an onlooker who had no idea what was going on since it took place in a busy food court. Picked up a free Affliction shirt andposter but didn't have time to wait in line to get it signed, had to get back to the office.

Overall it was a good experience. Not too crowded so you could get pretty close to see the fighters speak with relative ease. Fedor, Sylvia, Big Ben, Babalu,Barnett, Whitehead, and Nacimiento showed up. They did not announce anything about Arlovski. They did not name who Big Ben would be fighting, in fact he jokedabout how he is training really hard to prepare for "TBA".

Funny incident. I was standing next to a well dressed older gentleman who was watching the press conference. Security kept hasslin dude, telling him to backupbecause he was blocking the walkway that was for press only. Security guy was acting like a typical tough guy rent a pig type who is power tripping. So dudekeeps hasslin the guy, eyeballin him everytime he takes an extra step forward. Towards the end of the conference some guy with a press wristband comes and getsthe dude and they usher him onto the stage. It was Vadim Finkelstein (Fedor's manager). Its not his fault he doesnt speak english and didnt know what theheck the security guard was asking him to do.

Main Card
BJ Penn v. Sean Sherk

Undercard

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Main Card
BJ Penn v. Sean Sherk

Undercard

I might head out to the EliteXC autograph signing in a bit. I'll try and take pics...

EDIT: Just got back from the autogrpah signing. I got autgraphs from everyone who was supposed to be there, including Robbie. I took pics with Nick and Gina. Frank, Nick, Gina, and Phil were cool. Jake and Robbie seemed annoyed, probably because no one was asking to take pics with them. Hahaha.

Good +!*%, post them pics
I am suppose to head out to this local bar to watch Penn vs Shrek this weekend but if that doesn't happen, does anyoneknow where I can get a clean live stream? (no ********* or sopcast plz)

^ call up some of your boys and have everyone pitch in a few bucks for the PPV. Trust me, with this card it will be worth it. After accounting for the cost ofbar beer and bar food vs. beer from the market and food cooked at home, its still a wash. Also you dont have to deal with the crowds. Whoever has the biggestTV amongst your boys, its his duty to host. I usually have my buddies over at my place for every UFC PPV but my 50" TV is not going to cut it for thisone. Time for a change of location to roll out the 70"... too bad they dont broadcast in 1080p... what a shame.

Main Card
BJ Penn v. Sean Sherk

Undercard

Everybody root for my boy Jon "War Machine" Koppenhaver. Was my MMA instructor down in San Diego while I was there. He's a cool dude, and an inspirational fighter. Props to that dude.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by super roach

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Main Card
BJ Penn v. Sean Sherk

Undercard

EDIT: Just got back from the autogrpah signing. I got autgraphs from everyone who was supposed to be there, including Robbie. I took pics with Nick and Gina. Frank, Nick, Gina, and Phil were cool. Jake and Robbie seemed annoyed, probably because no one was asking to take pics with them. Hahaha.

Good +!*%, post them pics
I am suppose to head out to this local bar to watch Penn vs Shrek this weekend but if that doesn't happen, does anyone know where I can get a clean live stream? (no ********* or sopcast plz)

I think UFC.com has a clean live stream but you gotta pay of course. You're not gonna find a free clean stream any way.

Deng bj looks like he's ready in the press conference with that staredown and its not even saturday. It's TIME WAR PENN!!!!! FOR HILO BABY....me andthe crew from BJPENN.COM Rready and loaded for this fight got the 808 crew down in vegas throwing up Hawaii flags and wearing the official team penn corner manshirts. ill be wearing mine also. WAR IS ON!

Main Card
BJ Penn v. Sean Sherk

Undercard

I'm really looking forward to Saturday's card....BJ vs. Sherk & Wandy vs. Jardine are both going to be awesome fights....as well asMachida's complete domination of Tito....WAR BJ, WANDY, & LYOTO!!!

Penn.
Silva.
Gouveia.
Machida.
Silva.

Salaverry (I can't go against my dude even tho he'll prob lose)
Soko
Clementi
Koppenhaver
Kim
Wellisch

Coleman out @ UFC 87
Fitch vs GSP for the strap instead

pimp.gif

WAR GSP.

Back
Top Bottom