Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

YUP i guess GSP didn't hesitate signing that fight, looks like his vacation is shortly over, and now back to training. I'm guessing Brock'sopponent is going to be Herring.......since kongo is fighting someone already, and ofcourse herring beat kongo his last fight so hoping my guess is right.

They are not going to throw Brock to Herring. It wouldn't make sense. If Brock loses (which there will be a good chance there will against Herring) theUFC's investment goes down the drain. Throw him a Justin McCully, Eddie Sanchez, or a Tim Boetsch or something. Then you throw give him a Herring or aKongo (which would be a much better match up for Brock) before you let him fight people who are in the Top 10 heavyweights. The Mir fight showed that hewasn't ready. With all due respect to Mir he is not a Top HW.

GSP by TKO...

UFC 87: Seek and Destroy/ August 09, 2008

Jon Fitch vs. Georges St. Pierre
Brock Lesnar vs. TBA
Kenny Florian vs. Roger Huerta
Dan Evensen vs. Cheick Kongo

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

GSP by TKO...

Brock Lesnar vs. TBA

I don't see him finishing Fitch at all. This will turn out to be like the Koscheck fight IMO, except Fitch is better all around then Kos. People forgetthat the only thing he could do to Kos was pretty much lay on him to a decision.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

They are not going to throw Brock to Herring. It wouldn't make sense. If Brock loses (which there will be a good chance there will against Herring) the UFC's investment goes down the drain. Throw him a Justin McCully, Eddie Sanchez, or a Tim Boetsch or something. Then you throw give him a Herring or a Kongo (which would be a much better match up for Brock) before you let him fight people who are in the Top 10 heavyweights. The Mir fight showed that he wasn't ready. With all due respect to Mir he is not a Top HW.
What the hell are u talking first of all, Tim Boetsch is light heavyweight; and, your senetence structure is way off. " Then you throw givehim" & "which there will be a good chance there will against Herring". So what you're trying to say is feed brock lesnar: Eddie sanchez,Justin mcully, or a light heavyweight Tim boestch before herring?? thats what im coming off from trying to read your reply. Anything can happen in the UFC,it's up to the the matchmaker the man Joe Silva. And also yea......you're right about one thing, Mir aint close to top 10 Heavyweight, and Brandon verashould've been the other coach of TUF season 8 with Big NOG instead of mir.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

GSP by TKO...

Brock Lesnar vs. TBA

I don't see him finishing Fitch at all. This will turn out to be like the Koscheck fight IMO, except Fitch is better all around then Kos. People forget that the only thing he could do to Kos was pretty much lay on him to a decision.
I know its wishful thinking on my part. Considering GSP has utilized his wrestling skills in his last 3 fights (Kos, Hughes, Serra), maybe he'llswitch it up this fight.

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

They are not going to throw Brock to Herring. It wouldn't make sense. If Brock loses (which there will be a good chance there will against Herring) the UFC's investment goes down the drain. Throw him a Justin McCully, Eddie Sanchez, or a Tim Boetsch or something. Then you throw give him a Herring or a Kongo (which would be a much better match up for Brock) before you let him fight people who are in the Top 10 heavyweights. The Mir fight showed that he wasn't ready. With all due respect to Mir he is not a Top HW.
What the hell are u talking first of all, Tim Boetsch is light heavyweight; and, your senetence structure is way off. " Then you throw give him" & "which there will be a good chance there will against Herring". So what you're trying to say is feed brock lesnar: Eddie sanchez, Justin mcully, or a light heavyweight Tim boestch before herring?? thats what im coming off from trying to read your reply. Anything can happen in the UFC, it's up to the the matchmaker the man Joe Silva. And also yea......you're right about one thing, Mir aint close to top 10 Heavyweight, and Brandon vera should've been the other coach of TUF season 8 with Big NOG instead of mir.

My mistake on the Tim Boetsch, but that wasn't really the point. I gave out names of fighters that aren't top tier fighters. Still it'sfreakin' common sense. And my sentence structure is off? The only thing off was a typo, and all you gotta do "he" instead of "there"where there is the ( ). Reread your paragraph and you tell me who's structure is off. It's dumb to give Brock a very good heavyweight when he'scoming off a loss. Why would he fight a heavyweight that's better (Herring) then the last heavyweight he lost to (Mir)? Makes no damn sense when the UFChas all that money and hype in Brock. Good lord I feel like a broken record... This is the same stuff I tried telling people in this topic before... Commonsense stuff folks...

And why would you put Vera as a TUF coach to face Nog when he just lost...

I know its wishful thinking on my part. Considering GSP has utilized his wrestling skills in his last 3 fights (Kos, Hughes, Serra), maybe he'll switch it up this fight.

I wouldn't call it wishful thinking, GSP has looked like a monster his past couple fights. Still, I think if GSP does try to turn this is a wrestlingmatch, I don't think he can finish Fitch like that.

What the hell are u talking first of all, Tim Boetsch is light heavyweight; and, your senetence structure is way off. " Then you throw give him" & "which there will be a good chance there will against Herring". So what you're trying to say is feed brock lesnar: Eddie sanchez, Justin mcully, or a light heavyweight Tim boestch before herring?? thats what im coming off from trying to read your reply. Anything can happen in the UFC, it's up to the the matchmaker the man Joe Silva. And also yea......you're right about one thing, Mir aint close to top 10 Heavyweight, and Brandon vera should've been the other coach of TUF season 8 with Big NOG instead of mir.

My mistake on the Tim Boetsch, but that wasn't really the point. I gave out names of fighters that aren't top tier fighters. Still it's freakin' common sense. And my sentence structure is off? The only thing off was a typo, and all you gotta do "he" instead of "there" where there is the ( ). Reread your paragraph and you tell me who's structure is off. It's dumb to give Brock a very good heavyweight when he's coming off a loss. Why would he fight a heavyweight that's better (Herring) then the last heavyweight he lost to (Mir)? Makes no damn sense when the UFC has all that money and hype in Brock. Good lord I feel like a broken record... This is the same stuff I tried telling people in this topic before... Common sense stuff folks...

I know its wishful thinking on my part. Considering GSP has utilized his wrestling skills in his last 3 fights (Kos, Hughes, Serra), maybe he'll switch it up this fight.

I wouldn't call it wishful thinking, GSP has looked like a monster his past couple fights. Still, I think if GSP does try to turn this is a wrestling match, I don't think he can finish Fitch like that.

Ahahahhah....I get your point bro, but Herring is not top heavyweight neither is Mir, I don't give a rats nutts whether Herring is better than Mir,Possibly they are top HW in the UFC rankings, but for MMA worldwide they don't stand in the rankings and mentioning Kongo in the picture he isn't topeither; So, I don't see throwing Herring to Lesnar Wouldn't be a problem. Like i stated before , ANYTHING can happen in the UFC it's up to JoeSilva the matchmaker.Vera should be the other coach, yea indeed he lost to the Former champion Tim but It's just my opinion; Frank Mir defeated Lesnar,big deal......And yea, your paragraph was off upon the way you utilize your words in a sentence....yea pretty much off check again.

My mistake on the Tim Boetsch, but that wasn't really the point. I gave out names of fighters that aren't top tier fighters. Still it's freakin' common sense. And my sentence structure is off? The only thing off was a typo, and all you gotta do "he" instead of "there" where there is the ( ). Reread your paragraph and you tell me who's structure is off. It's dumb to give Brock a very good heavyweight when he's coming off a loss. Why would he fight a heavyweight that's better (Herring) then the last heavyweight he lost to (Mir)? Makes no damn sense when the UFC has all that money and hype in Brock. Good lord I feel like a broken record... This is the same stuff I tried telling people in this topic before... Common sense stuff folks...

I wouldn't call it wishful thinking, GSP has looked like a monster his past couple fights. Still, I think if GSP does try to turn this is a wrestling match, I don't think he can finish Fitch like that.
Ahahahhah....I get your point bro, but Herring is not top heavyweight neither is Mir, I don't give a rats nutts whether Herring is better than Mir, Possibly they are top HW in the UFC rankings, but for MMA worldwide they don't stand in the rankings and mentioning Kongo in the picture he isn't top either; So, I don't see throwing Herring to Lesnar Wouldn't be a problem. Like i stated before , ANYTHING can happen in the UFC it's up to Joe Silva the matchmaker.Vera should be the other coach, yea indeed he lost to the Former champion Tim but It's just my opinion; Frank Mir defeated Lesnar, big deal......And yea, your paragraph was off upon the way you utilize your words in a sentence....yea pretty much off check again.

My structure isn't off, but I'm not gonna argue about it. Herring would cause wayyy too much problems for Lesnar. Lesnar is too green. He needs atune up fight before he fights a higher quality fighter. Vera lost, point blank. At least Mir came off a win over a fighter with a lot of hype.

Yea that is what i'm saying, give him Herring. You just said give him a warm-up fight right? -"Herring or a Kongo (which would be a muchbetter match up for Brock)before you let him fight people who are in the Top 10 heavyweights" . Herring is not top 10, so what's the problem?You are basically saying McCully, Sanchez, Kongo, and Herring are the same since they are not top 10, so why not give herring to lesnar? Boetch
laugh.gif
, a light heavyweight? Seriously, would the ufcgo that deep to get a smaller man to fight lesnar?

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

GAH DAMN!!!!

GSP and Huerta on the same card again, it's gonna be a good f'n night for me!!!!!!!

Indeed, add Spider to the mix and it's the best PPV in some time.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

GAH DAMN!!!!

GSP and Huerta on the same card again, it's gonna be a good f'n night for me!!!!!!!

Yea Huerta and GSP in the same card...its def going to be nice, especially when Huerta is now training is Greg Jacksons camp with GSP. Definitely theSpider would make the card even stacked, but sadly his Aunt just past away and now he's in Brazil for that. RIP to Anderson's aunt.
frown.gif

Just watched the Pre-Weigh-Ins Penn looks ready....also Sherk. Thiago Silva looks like a Beast. It's good to see Bj Penn And Thiago Silva Shaking hands.UFC 84 Weigh - Ins at 4PM.
MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)
  • Champ B.J. Penn (155) vs. Sean Sherk (155)
  • Keith Jardine (205) vs. Wanderlei Silva (205)
  • Lyoto Machida (203) vs. Tito Ortiz (205)
  • Thiago Silva (205) vs. Antonio Mendes (203)
  • Wilson Gouveia (205) vs. Goran Reljic (205)
PRELIMINARY CARD (NOT TELEVISED)
  • Rousimar Palhares (185) vs. Ivan Salaverry (185)
  • Kazuhiro Nakamura (206) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (204)
  • Rich Clementi (155) vs. Terry Etim (155)
  • Jon Koppenhaver (170) vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida (170)
  • Dong-Hyun Kim (171) vs. Jason Tan (170)
  • Shane Carwin (252) vs. Christian Wellisch (230)

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

Yea that is what i'm saying, give him Herring. You just said give him a warm-up fight right? -"Herring or a Kongo (which would be a much better match up for Brock)before you let him fight people who are in the Top 10 heavyweights" . Herring is not top 10, so what's the problem? You are basically saying McCully, Sanchez, Kongo, and Herring are the same since they are not top 10, so why not give herring to lesnar? Boetch
laugh.gif
, a light heavyweight? Seriously, would the ufc go that deep to get a smaller man to fight lesnar?

Herring is NOT a warm up fight for Brock. He JUST lost to Mir, who isn't as good as Herring or Kongo. They aren't Top 10, you're right, BUTthey're not low tier guys AT ALL. Give him lower tier guys like a McCully or a Sanchez (and I already said my mistake of the Boetsch, simple mistake buddy)before you let him fight people who were BETTER then someone he just lost to in Mir. You don't invest that much money in a fighter to have him LOSE, POINTBLANK. It's COMMON SENSE. I feel like a broken record because I already commented on the business side of this to someone earlier in the topic.

Yea that is what i'm saying, give him Herring. You just said give him a warm-up fight right? -"Herring or a Kongo (which would be a much better match up for Brock)before you let him fight people who are in the Top 10 heavyweights" . Herring is not top 10, so what's the problem? You are basically saying McCully, Sanchez, Kongo, and Herring are the same since they are not top 10, so why not give herring to lesnar? Boetch
laugh.gif
, a light heavyweight? Seriously, would the ufc go that deep to get a smaller man to fight lesnar?

Herring is NOT a warm up fight for Brock. He JUST lost to Mir, who isn't as good as Herring or Kongo. They aren't Top 10, you're right, BUT they're not low tier guys AT ALL. Give him lower tier guys like a McCully or a Sanchez (and I already said my mistake of the Boetsch, simple mistake buddy) before you let him fight people who were BETTER then someone he just lost to in Mir. You don't invest that much money in a fighter to have him LOSE, POINT BLANK. It's COMMON SENSE. I feel like a broken record because I already commented on the business side of this to someone earlier in the topic.
Dude, why are you talking about business, WHO CARES! It's all about the match ups, common sense. You don't see people talking about how muchthey invest on a fighter and how much the fighters earned after a fight. You see people talking about crazy fights and how much they want to see. All i saidwas that "i'm guessing his next opponent is going to be herring" since i've seen some posts on other forums. then you're trying talkabout business? Both McCully and Sanchez came off of wins and lesnar came off a loss, and you think ufc should give them to lesnar? herring came off a toughwin over kongo so why can't there be herring vs lesnar. And what simple mistake are you talking about, you stated Boetch. seriously, why would you thinkufc will get a random lightheavy weight fighter to fight lesnar.

GAH DAMN!!!!

Yea Huerta and GSP in the same card...its def going to be nice, especially when Huerta is now training is Greg Jacksons camp with GSP. Definitely the Spider would make the card even stacked, but sadly his Aunt just past away and now he's in Brazil for that. RIP to Anderson's aunt.
frown.gif

Dang man, how you know this? You got some inside scoop on Spider. PM me some info on where you get your scoop or do you live where he does?

GAH DAMN!!!!

Yea Huerta and GSP in the same card...its def going to be nice, especially when Huerta is now training is Greg Jacksons camp with GSP. Definitely the Spider would make the card even stacked, but sadly his Aunt just past away and now he's in Brazil for that. RIP to Anderson's aunt.
frown.gif

Dang man, how you know this? You got some inside scoop on Spider. PM me some info on where you get your scoop or do you live where he does?

i got this info in the sherdog forums, good place to get info and also mmajunkie.com

I think you're selling Herring short. He nearly KOed Big Nog 1st rd last time around which the ref could've easily had called it. 2ndly I think a goodfight for Brock would be Gab Gonzaga. Both guys coming off embarrassing losses and both need to do something to rekindle the fire they had, but the HW divisionisn't that spectacular any organization. I'm not too thrilled about the next cards because tomorrow night is going to be freakin sweet so all myattention is really focused on tomorrow.

2ndly I think a good fight for Brock would be Gab Gonzaga.

eek.gif

Brock would get handled EARLY if he was to face a dude like Gonzaga IMO, you talkin about selling Herring short, you sellin Gonzaga short as hell too. Brockcouldn't handle Mir, a BJJ guy, what makes you think he can handle Gonzaga, another BJJ guy with rediculous power?

I can't wait for that GSP Fitch fight, I always root for gsp since I think he's only behind silva for being the best fighter, but fitch is my hometownboy not too far from where I live.

laugh.gif

Herring is NOT a warm up fight for Brock. He JUST lost to Mir, who isn't as good as Herring or Kongo. They aren't Top 10, you're right, BUT they're not low tier guys AT ALL. Give him lower tier guys like a McCully or a Sanchez (and I already said my mistake of the Boetsch, simple mistake buddy) before you let him fight people who were BETTER then someone he just lost to in Mir. You don't invest that much money in a fighter to have him LOSE, POINT BLANK. It's COMMON SENSE. I feel like a broken record because I already commented on the business side of this to someone earlier in the topic.
Dude, why are you talking about business, WHO CARES! It's all about the match ups, common sense. You don't see people talking about how much they invest on a fighter and how much the fighters earned after a fight. You see people talking about crazy fights and how much they want to see. All i said was that "i'm guessing his next opponent is going to be herring" since i've seen some posts on other forums. then you're trying talk about business? Both McCully and Sanchez came off of wins and lesnar came off a loss, and you think ufc should give them to lesnar? herring came off a tough win over kongo so why can't there be herring vs lesnar. And what simple mistake are you talking about, you stated Boetch. seriously, why would you think ufc will get a random lightheavy weight fighter to fight lesnar.

WOW...
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
I now know who to ignore and who to take seriously in this topic now... Go back a bunch of pages, brush up on your MMA, and then come back to me. Meand illphilip already touched on this topic A WHILE ago and how idiotic it is to just throw these kind of match ups together... Now go ahead buddy.

I can't wait for that GSP Fitch fight, I always root for gsp since I think he's only behind silva for being the best fighter, but fitch is my hometown boy not too far from where I live.

The AKA fighters are SICK. Took a couple trips out there and it seriously is one of the more underrated camps I've been to in terms of what they teachyou and the level of fighters. Bob Cook is a great trainer.

laugh.gif

Dude, why are you talking about business, WHO CARES! It's all about the match ups, common sense. You don't see people talking about how much they invest on a fighter and how much the fighters earned after a fight. You see people talking about crazy fights and how much they want to see. All i said was that "i'm guessing his next opponent is going to be herring" since i've seen some posts on other forums. then you're trying talk about business? Both McCully and Sanchez came off of wins and lesnar came off a loss, and you think ufc should give them to lesnar? herring came off a tough win over kongo so why can't there be herring vs lesnar. And what simple mistake are you talking about, you stated Boetch. seriously, why would you think ufc will get a random lightheavy weight fighter to fight lesnar.

WOW...
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
I now know who to ignore and who to take seriously in this topic now... Go back a bunch of pages, brush up on your MMA, and then come back to me. Me and illphilip already touched on this topic A WHILE ago and how idiotic it is to just throw these kind of match ups together... Now go ahead buddy.

I can't wait for that GSP Fitch fight, I always root for gsp since I think he's only behind silva for being the best fighter, but fitch is my hometown boy not too far from where I live.

The AKA fighters are SICK. Took a couple trips out there and it seriously is one of the more underrated camps I've been to in terms of what they teach you and the level of fighters. Bob Cook is a great trainer.

what in the world are you talking about. every time you respond to me, you bring up something else. it has gone from herring vs lesnar, investment andbusiness, now to this lame come back saying i need to brush my mma? your pathetic
roll.gif
. lol i need brushing on my mma?
roll.gif
Once again, who thoughttim boetch was a possible opponent for lesnar. don't even say this was a mistake, because know one in there damn mind would of thought of this fight in thefirst place lol. now, can you please gets some common knowledge in mma.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom