Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

laugh.gif
Okay... okay... I'll eat my crow...

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6341&zoneid=2

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HEATH HERRING TO FACE BROCK LESNAR AT UFC 87[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturday, May 24, 2008 - by Ken Pishna - MMAWeekly.com[/font]

6341-HeathHerring_OneMoreRound.jpg

MMAWeekly.com has confirmed that Heath Herring has agreed to fight Brock Lesnar at UFC 87 on Aug. 9 when the Ultimate FightingChampionship makes its debut in Minneapolis, Minn.

Lesnar was originally slated to face UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman in the main event of UFC 87. Coleman, however, suffered a torn medial collateral ligamentin training, which will sideline him for at least six weeks. He was forced to withdraw from the bout with Lesnar due to the injury.

Herring has been on a roller coaster ride since his UFC debut in January of 2007. The former Pride heavyweight title contender has gone 2-2 in the Octagon,most recently defeating Cheick Kongo at UFC 82 in Columbus, Ohio.

Lesnar had a less than stellar Octagon debut, losing to former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir via kneebar at UFC 81 in Las Vegas earlier this year.

With the withdrawal of Coleman, the UFC acted swiftly, signing a new main event bout with welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, fresh off winning the titleat UFC 82, making the first defense of his second reign as champion when he faces No. 1 contender Jon Fitch.

Roger Huerta and Kenny Florian will also square off at UFC 87. The bout, according to the promotion's president, Dana White, will likely decide the nextcontender to the UFC lightweight title being contested on Saturday night at UFC 84 between current champion B.J. Penn and former champion Sean Sherk.

laugh.gif

I'll still stick with my stance though that this would be a major lost of the UFC if Lesnar loses.

Yea thats going to be a good match. Can't wait. Mirko Crocop and Jerome Le Banner part II in Dream 4 cant wait for that also.

• Champ B.J. Penn (155) vs. Sean Sherk (155)
  • Keith Jardine (205) vs. Wanderlei Silva (205)
  • Lyoto Machida (203) vs. Tito Ortiz (205)
  • Thiago Silva (205) vs. Antonio Mendes (203)
  • Wilson Gouveia (205) vs. Goran Reljic (205)
My winners in bold, I hope Sherk pulls this one out. I cant stand Penn

mayhem - I don't know why you're gassing Heath so much. He's a threat to Brock? In what facet of his game can he possible outdo brock in? Hiswrestling sucks...he got owned by O Brien and taken down multiple times by Cheick "nonexistent wrestling" Kongo. Brock is also more explosive andpowerful. The only way he takes this is a freak KO ala 1st rd in his last Nog fight. Herring is a substantial name to give him. Anyone less than Herring wouldbe just as bad as the cans theyve been feeding Kimbo lately. Business-wise I don't think the UFC really invested in Heath. The only reason why he's a'big name' right now is cuz the division is so shallow. Seems to me like they kind of brought him in here to lose, feeding him to Nog for the hundredthtime. I feel like he was supposed to lose to Kongo too

2 Prelims just got done guys here thes results:UPDATE!!! WARMACHINE!

Christian Wellisch (Pictures) vs. Shane Carwin (Pictures)
Round 1
Carwin very aggressive with punches at the start. Huge right cross dropped Wellisch and he's out cold, forcing referee Yves Lavigne to step in. The punchforced Wellisch's mouthpiece to fly out. The official time of the KO was 0:44 of the first round.

Jason Tan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Round 1
Kim enters to Korean heavy metal pacing in front of the South Korean flag. Tan followed to the Rolling Stones' "Start Me Up." The referee isSteve Mazzagatti. Kim opened with right hand that knocked Tan down. Tan grabbed a single-leg but ate a flurry of elbows that opened up a cut. Kim reversed Tanand briefly mounted him, landing more elbows. Kim lands several more vicious elbows and dominates from top position. Tan survives, but the round was all Kim,10-8.

Round 2
Tan started the round with a right head kick that was blocked. Tan tried a single leg but was stuffed by Kim. Tan pinned Kim along the fence. Huge wizzer fromKim slams Tan down hard, giving Kim side control. Kim tried to pass but got stuck in half-guard, then butterfly-guard. After a hard time passing, Kim regainedside-control and landed a few elbows. Both guys look tired late in the round. Kim got full mount but only for a few seconds as he was pulled into half again.Moments later, Tan was able to pull full-guard. Kim finished the round with a few decent right elbows and punches. 10-9 for Kim.

Round 3
Tan comes out throwing, but Kim uses a picturesque hip-throw to put Tan on his back. Kim lands several left elbows and Tan's eyes go blank. Tan comes outthrowing, but Kim uses a picturesque hip-throw to put Tan on his back. Kim lands several left elbows and Tan's eyes go blank, prompting Mazzagatti to showmercy at 0:25 of the third.

Guys gotta watch out for Shane carwin, and Dong Hyum Kim theres a good reason why UFC signed him. Kim is a good addition to the welterweights.

Jon Koppenhaver (Pictures) vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida (Pictures)
Round 1
Yoshida enters to what appears to be Japanese gangster rap, while "War Machine" follows to reggae music. Both guys look fit and ready to go.Koppenhaver is the obvious crowd favorite. The two go toe-to-toe immediately. In a clinch, Yoshida tosses Koppenhaver with a perfect judo throw. During ascramble, war machine falls into a guillotine. Koppenhaver tries to defend but Yoshida has it too tight. Yoshida rolls him over and switches to an anaconda,putting "War Machine" to sleep. Herb dean pulls the Japanese fighter off Koppenhaver at the 0:56 mark of the opening period.

Originally Posted by kicks and kix

mayhem - I don't know why you're gassing Heath so much. He's a threat to Brock? In what facet of his game can he possible outdo brock in? His wrestling sucks...he got owned by O Brien and taken down multiple times by Cheick "nonexistent wrestling" Kongo. Brock is also more explosive and powerful. The only way he takes this is a freak KO ala 1st rd in his last Nog fight. Herring is a substantial name to give him. Anyone less than Herring would be just as bad as the cans theyve been feeding Kimbo lately. Business-wise I don't think the UFC really invested in Heath. The only reason why he's a 'big name' right now is cuz the division is so shallow. Seems to me like they kind of brought him in here to lose, feeding him to Nog for the hundredth time. I feel like he was supposed to lose to Kongo too

I'm not gassing him up. I'm just saying Brock lost to, IMO, a lesser heavyweight in Mir. He's gonna test Brock's chin. Sure Brock has a bigblock head.

And I don't see how it's bad how they're feeding Kimbo these guys. They're smart about their investment.

Back
Top Bottom