Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by SDTEKKEN

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

yall are killin me ... any person on NT taking that punch just as it was thrown would have been LIGHTS OUT just like Kimbo was ...
I dont refute that at all. But a lot of us have seen Kimbo's other fights... his street fights... and hes takin WAY harder shots than that.

indifferent.gif
The difference between a proffesional fighter and some"tough guy" on the block is day and night. Watch all of kimbos street fights? Then you should remember the one he lost against the mediocre MMAfighter Rich Gannon "the cannon".

Fixed or not... we can argue that for days.

But one thing we can all agree on is that Gina is hot.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

^^use of the word 'exactly.' after your initial question proves my point.

aaaaaaaaand im out of it.

I dont refute that at all. But a lot of us have seen Kimbo's other fights... his street fights... and hes takin WAY harder shots than that.

just because seth petz is an unknown doesnt mean he isnt a professional mixed martial artist. he's trashing every random kimbo ever fought on the street.

full contact karate champ is no joke.

beats 'internet phenom'
roll.gif
. kimbo slice up in this ooooooooooh, crank dat.
laugh.gif
you FAIL
indifferent.gif

Kimbo got sonned. End of story. Kimbo is finally off his high cloud he was on. Dude's fame came off bum fighters off the street. Dude ain't ready forprimetime.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

^^use of the word 'exactly.' after your initial question proves my point.

aaaaaaaaand im out of it.

just because seth petz is an unknown doesnt mean he isnt a professional mixed martial artist. he's trashing every random kimbo ever fought on the street.

full contact karate champ is no joke.

beats 'internet phenom'
roll.gif
. kimbo slice up in this ooooooooooh, crank dat.
laugh.gif
you FAIL
indifferent.gif

oh it's no joke.
eek.gif

fights are packed into october.

on to the next.

Bisping vs leben (tko, rnd 3)
Rameau Thierry Sokouju vs Luiz Cane (tko rnd 2)
Keith Jardine vs Brandon Vera (ko, rnd 2)
Marcus Davis vs Paul Kelly ( decision)
Shane Carwin vs Neil Wain (decision)
Paul Taylor vs Chris Lytle (submission)

i'll be keeping and eye out for sam stout on the undecard too. needs to let his hands fly and get back on track.

roll.gif

It's not a surprise. Kimbo is a bum and a fraud in the pro MMA world.
Who has he ever fought, of substance, to give him this supposed "rep" that he has?

EliteXc relied on those unfamiliar with MMA to advance their Kimbo agenda.

I actually like Kimbo because he is a humble dude but the posse he rolls with and his :"fans" are lames. Most of his fans don't like Kimbo theperson, they like the idea of a Kimbo.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

EliteXC does have this agenda no doubt. But I will give them props for two things. They are affiliating with affliction, that could be a great thing for thesport since affliction has Fedor and I really hope it succeeds because Fedor is not gonna fight with UFC. And second they televise fights on regular TV, Inever get payperviews so I finally get to watch the fights live and not on the internet. I think working with CBS will also bring in many new fans of thesport. So I am not gonna hate on EliteXC too much overall I hope they do well.

Originally Posted by theyhatinonme

EliteXC does have this agenda no doubt. But I will give them props for two things. They are affiliating with affliction, that could be a great thing for the sport since affliction has Fedor and I really hope it succeeds because Fedor is not gonna fight with UFC. And second they televise fights on regular TV, I never get payperviews so I finally get to watch the fights live and not on the internet. I think working with CBS will also bring in many new fans of the sport. So I am not gonna hate on EliteXC too much overall I hope they do well.

You're right but as with bringing anything to a new and bigger audience the original product needs to be "dumbed down".

Originally Posted by theyhatinonme

EliteXC does have this agenda no doubt. But I will give them props for two things. They are affiliating with affliction, that could be a great thing for the sport since affliction has Fedor and I really hope it succeeds because Fedor is not gonna fight with UFC. And second they televise fights on regular TV, I never get payperviews so I finally get to watch the fights live and not on the internet. I think working with CBS will also bring in many new fans of the sport. So I am not gonna hate on EliteXC too much overall I hope they do well.

I agree. Watching this stuff is really what got me into MMA. Actually, from knowing of Kimbo, then seeing him fighting on CBS, thats what got me into thesport. I was drawn in by Kimbo, but the OTHER fights are what kept me interested. And that made me want to really learn the sport. When I did, I learned Kimbois a bum, lol. Thats why for this fight, I wasn't even looking forward to seeing Kimbo, just the other parts of the show. For that, I also will not hate onEliteXC too much...

ALSO, if you notice, they NEVER built Kimbo up to be a GREAT MMA fighter, the announcers and commentators ALWAYS emphasize that he's a 'street fightinglegend'. They said it during his intro, during the various spots on him, and during their assessment of his last fight and where he needed improvement. Heis their main focal point but they never try to mis-represent his abilities or who he is...

basically, kimbo rushed the dude petz...

petz almost $$%# his pants....

threw a short jab right onto kimbo's nose.....

kimbo goes down faster than monica lewinsky....

kim turns over and gets hit until he wakes up...

loses all credibility in 10 seconds

im sure this has been beaten to death in this thread already but it sure seemed to me that the stop was a little premature, kimbo is a big strong dude and ijust dont see anything that says he was done for.

Lm a oooo @ thaisativa1

But yep that's pretty much what it was

He'll be alright, he's probably chuggin a beer right now at his after party

And who's Gina? Is that the second female fighter who won? If so
pimp.gif

EliteXC is in trouble.

I doubt the Kimbo fight was fixed although many things seem suspect. I haven't watched the fight yet cause I'm on the west coast but from what I'veseen so far, Kimbo took a punch, became dazed and that was it. Far greater advantages of Kimbo remaining unbeaten > Kimbo losing and demolishing dude in arematch. Kimbo is/was EliteXC's posterboy. Imagine if Kimbo fought Brett Rogers?!?!

SMH at Ken. What a douche.

Pitbull looked good. Hopefully he'll be ready for Fedor. He has a good chance of making the Fedor fight competitive.

Shields, ehhh. Still not impresses as some others are.

Gina looked good. Shes in for a tough test against Cyborg.

XC is in trouble. What fights do they have left to sell? Noons was stripped, Kimbo just lost, Bigfoot is taking roids. I really don't want to seeShamrock/Ortiz. Just gimme Alvarez/Diaz and I'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom