Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Club29

Anyone who thinks Kenny Florian is overrated doesnt know what they're talking about.

He just ran into someone who is on a whole 'nother level as far as lightweight competition is concerned.

Who are the 3 upcoming contenders at 155? Diego, Maynard, and Edgar? No 3 have any shot at beating Penn.

I was really pulling for KenFlo, but BJ looks untouchable at this point at 155
SPOT ON.

Talks of Kenflo being "overrated" are complete BS. I personally love watching the guy fight and think he is a top level 155er, probably top 5 range. BJ is just on another level though (at 155).

Muscle Shark - Do you even think before you write such asinine comments? On what basis would Diego "murk" BJ? You realize that if they met,it would be in a sanctioned MMA competition not a battle of whoever can say YES! YES! YES! the most? I mean c'mon guys. Atleast try to back up yourpredictions with some semblance of logical analysis. So lets say BJ and Diego do fight. If Diego plans on rushing out of the corner at the bell like a bullin a china shop... hahahahahaha. Ask Caol Uno what happened the last time someone tried to rush BJ right at the bell.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Club29 wrote:

Anyone who thinks Kenny Florian is overrated doesnt know what they're talking about.

He just ran into someone who is on a whole 'nother level as far as lightweight competition is concerned.

Who are the 3 upcoming contenders at 155? Diego, Maynard, and Edgar? No 3 have any shot at beating Penn.

I was really pulling for KenFlo, but BJ looks untouchable at this point at 155
SPOT ON.

Talks of Kenflo being "overrated" are complete BS. I personally love watching the guy fight and think he is a top level 155er, probably top 5 range. BJ is just on another level though (at 155).

Muscle Shark - Do you even think before you write such asinine comments? On what basis would Diego "murk" BJ? You realize that if they met, it would be in a sanctioned MMA competition not a battle of whoever can say YES! YES! YES! the most? I mean c'mon guys. Atleast try to back up your predictions with some semblance of logical analysis. So lets say BJ and Diego do fight. If Diego plans on rushing out of the corner at the bell like a bull in a china shop... hahahahahaha. Ask Caol Uno what happened the last time someone tried to rush BJ right at the bell.

He's probably still salty that BJ KTFO of Sean Sherk

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

imo they need to bring in dudes from japan to fight BJ. i dont see diego doing anything. Id kill to see Gomi vs BJ 2. Gomi is much bigger/better now

i actually would lay down cash to see bj vs aoki just to make sure there is no possiblity of a stream drop.

On his fight and loss to Brian Bowles...

"When I got hit with that right, I remember chasing Brian and then I remember the referee standing over me. I was like, "!%@% man, he caught me!" Anything I was doing when I was on my back was autopilot. Brian broke his left hand hitting me with those shots, so when he put me down, I was dazed when I went down, but he knocked me out and broke his hand, so it wasn't like he was hitting me with small shots."

"Ah man, it's only made me a more dangerous fighter bro. Brian Bowles just woke up a sleeping giant. My style…I pretty much coached myself and ran my own training camps. I hadn't lost in a long time, but after this loss, it's going to make me revamp everything. I just got off the phone with Mark DellaGrotte and I'm working with a couple different coaches to make my game step up."

"I wasn't disappointed man. I look at it as a true chance to redefine my game at this point in my career. I want to show the world that a champ just isn't made through wins, but through losses as well. I'm not looking at this as anything negative in no kind of way in my mind. Even after the fight, when I went back to the locker room, I wasn't upset; I didn't feel like crying or anything. Brian did a great job. He executed his gameplan and now it's my turn to get back on track. I don't want an immediate rematch. I want to earn my shot back to get the title."

On the possible late stoppage...

"People told me about that. They said I took too many punches after the fact, but you know what man? I talk to all of the referees before the fight and I let them know that's the way I want to go out. I want to go out; I want to go out! I don't want there to be a question of if I was okay still or still awake. If I'm going to go out, I want to go out man. I respect Rosenthal for doing that! People thought it might have been too much, but for me, it's not enough. Every time I go out, I put my life on the line and if I'm going to lose a fight, that's the way I want to go out. I want to go out!"

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5421.html

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

On his fight and loss to Brian Bowles...

"When I got hit with that right, I remember chasing Brian and then I remember the referee standing over me. I was like, "!%@% man, he caught me!" Anything I was doing when I was on my back was autopilot. Brian broke his left hand hitting me with those shots, so when he put me down, I was dazed when I went down, but he knocked me out and broke his hand, so it wasn't like he was hitting me with small shots."

"Ah man, it's only made me a more dangerous fighter bro. Brian Bowles just woke up a sleeping giant. My style…I pretty much coached myself and ran my own training camps. I hadn't lost in a long time, but after this loss, it's going to make me revamp everything. I just got off the phone with Mark DellaGrotte and I'm working with a couple different coaches to make my game step up."

"I wasn't disappointed man. I look at it as a true chance to redefine my game at this point in my career. I want to show the world that a champ just isn't made through wins, but through losses as well. I'm not looking at this as anything negative in no kind of way in my mind. Even after the fight, when I went back to the locker room, I wasn't upset; I didn't feel like crying or anything. Brian did a great job. He executed his gameplan and now it's my turn to get back on track. I don't want an immediate rematch. I want to earn my shot back to get the title."

On the possible late stoppage...

"People told me about that. They said I took too many punches after the fact, but you know what man? I talk to all of the referees before the fight and I let them know that's the way I want to go out. I want to go out; I want to go out! I don't want there to be a question of if I was okay still or still awake. If I'm going to go out, I want to go out man. I respect Rosenthal for doing that! People thought it might have been too much, but for me, it's not enough. Every time I go out, I put my life on the line and if I'm going to lose a fight, that's the way I want to go out. I want to go out!"

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5421.html

Thanks for posting that and like I said a while back...I'd hate to be the next guy that has to fight Torres.

^Torres is the man for that!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^ damn i gotta give it to Torres. As cocky as he seems, he truly has that warrior spirit.

"I respect Rosenthal for doing that! People thought it might have been too much, but for me, it's not enough. Every time I go out, I put my life onthe line and if I'm going to lose a fight, that's the way I want to go out. I want to go out!"

Something tells me his wife and daughter don't agree. I mean those blows were absolutely vicious, and I wouldnt wish Brian Bowles' left hand on myworst enemy.

So who's next for Torres anyways? Or better yet, whos next for Bowles? Theres about a 99.9999998% chance that Torres will destroy whoever the next #1contender might be. So do they feed em to Torres first or give em a crack at Bowles?

^^ damn i gotta give it to Torres. As cocky as he seems, he truly has that warrior spirit.

"I respect Rosenthal for doing that! People thought it might have been too much, but for me, it's not enough. Every time I go out, I put my life on the line and if I'm going to lose a fight, that's the way I want to go out. I want to go out!"

Something tells me his wife and daughter don't agree. I mean those blows were absolutely vicious, and I wouldnt wish Brian Bowles' left hand on my worst enemy.

So who's next for Torres anyways? Or better yet, whos next for Bowles? Theres about a 99.9999998% chance that Torres will destroy whoever the next #1 contender might be. So do they feed em to Torres first or give em a crack at Bowles?

i think that dominick cruz gets an immediate title shot against brian bowles while miguel torres has a rematch with takeya mizugaki. then the winners of thosetwo matches would face each other for the title. at least IMO that would be the ideal scenario.

dana white would just have to hope that bowles retains and torres bounces back from his loss to set up a rematch between the two.

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

"I respect Rosenthal for doing that! People thought it might have been too much, but for me, it's not enough. Every time I go out, I put my life on the line and if I'm going to lose a fight, that's the way I want to go out. I want to go out!"

Something tells me his wife and daughter don't agree. I mean those blows were absolutely vicious, and I wouldnt wish Brian Bowles' left hand on my worst enemy.

So who's next for Torres anyways? Or better yet, whos next for Bowles? Theres about a 99.9999998% chance that Torres will destroy whoever the next #1 contender might be. So do they feed em to Torres first or give em a crack at Bowles?

i think that dominick cruz gets an immediate title shot against brian bowles while miguel torres has a rematch with takeya mizugaki. then the winners of those two matches would face each other for the title. at least IMO that would be the ideal scenario.

dana white would just have to hope that bowles retains and torres bounces back from his loss to set up a rematch between the two.

QFT

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

i think that dominick cruz gets an immediate title shot against brian bowles while miguel torres has a rematch with takeya mizugaki. then the winners of those two matches would face each other for the title. at least IMO that would be the ideal scenario.

this is definitely the best route for the division to take at this point

Plus, we get Torres/Mizugaki 2. Their last fight was fireworks

Its about time!!!
pimp.gif

[h1]Spike TV to Feature the Best of PRIDE in New Weekly Series[/h1]New York, NY, August 10, 2009 - One of [table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]the most popular MMA organizations in the world during its ten years of operation (1997-2007), PRIDE Fighting Championships, based in Japan, featured world class mixed martial arts artists in some of the most dramatic bouts in the early history of the sport. Spike TV will re-broadcast the best of these bouts in "The Best of Pride Fighting Championships," premiering Sunday, January 11, 2010 at 11pm ET/PT.

http://www.ufc.com/index....ews.detail&gid=21824

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

imo they need to bring in dudes from japan to fight BJ. i dont see diego doing anything. Id kill to see Gomi vs BJ 2. Gomi is much bigger/better now

i actually would lay down cash to see bj vs aoki just to make sure there is no possiblity of a stream drop.

I'm not sure which Gomi you've been watching but he is far from his dominating days at Pride and if by bigger you mean fatter, then yes, Gomi ismuch bigger now.

And yeah the only fight I wanna see if BJ vs. Aoki, but I honestly see BJ stream rolling through Aoki and I honestly see Aoki having bad match ups againstsome of the big wrestlers in the UFC (like Maynard, Sherk, and Griffin).

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

I don't see how Aoki could be a threat to BJ...
Yeah, Aoki has no wrestling, frail, and the only stand up I've seen from him is repeatedly kicking Shaolin in the arm. To be completely honest(damn I've killed that phrase
laugh.gif
) I don't see any of the toplightweights outside of the UFC achieveing much success in the UFC because of the cage and only a few are any good at wrestling. Maybe Alvarez if he everdecides to go to a decent camp.

ken flo is gonna nasty bj penn is just on another level and no one in the light weight divison can challenge him.....anderson silva is in another universesince machida is his boy he wont continute in light heavy which he could dominate

Originally Posted by Club29

Not to mention that the UFC wouldnt allow Aoki to wear his '*****in pants
i was about to say aoki wears the best fight gear in mma.

and actually i think they would allow it.

kuniyoshi hiranoka wore tights that were past the knee on the ufc 83 undercard.

as for competing in the ufc i think he'd do well against those wrestlers.

no one's ever really put aoki on his back for an entre fight before. mach probably did the best job of it in their first bout and he had to fight off a lotof subs. aoki also showed some decent judo a couple of times.

i actually think aoki is a bad matchup for those wrestlers. he's got an active guard and he's one of the most prolific submission artists in the sport.

where i do think he'd have trouble is on the cage if fighters chose to body him up and clinch him on it.

as for penn, im think bj would some how end up taking his back and slapping on an rnc like essentially everyone else he fights.

I agree that the cage is the biggest factor which is why I bought up the big wrestlers because that cage is made for them. The only place where Aoki is athreat is in his guard. I think the strenght of guys like Maynard and Sherk would be too much. Not too mention that the lightweights in the UFC with awrestling base have shown much improved stand up (Maynard and Edgar, especially him, have shown great boxing and Griffin and Sherk have shown good kickboxing).I would love to see Aoki in the UFC even with all that. I would love for him to make me eat my crow and pull some nasty BJJ. It's fun watching him face allthose guys in Japan but he's pretty much fought them all and at some point the match ups are going to get stale.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

I'm not sure which Gomi you've been watching but he is far from his dominating days at Pride and if by bigger you mean fatter, then yes, Gomi is much bigger now.

ok so he lost to former sengoku champ Kitaoka by ankle lock and was robbed by Golyaev... He did just beat the lw shooto champ...who has a win over Hirota, thedude who just KO'd Kitaoka. His skills are still there and his mind is in the right place... He just needs to fight more.
Gomi has more muscle than he did when he 1st fought bj. Better skill also since after he lost to bj, dude ran through ALOT of dudes in pride.

Gomi is my favorite fighter of all time
pimp.gif

bj v gomi 2 would be crazier than gomi v diaz
devil.gif

apparently they're talking fitch vs. almeida at 106.

looks like almeida wont be debuting successfully at welterweight.

Back
Top Bottom