Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

damn pettitte perfect in the 7th? DAMN...i BET he gets it...it's only the O's

laugh.gif

i know i know....
indifferent.gif
@ me

Originally Posted by onewearz

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
He never pitched out of the stretch tonight until that pitch, nor did he get to a 3 ball count
ohwell.gif

All of Andy Pettitte's pitches were on point last night-especially his breaking ball.

We gotta keep this thread on the first page; seems that every week there is a new whiner posting about how there are too many baseball threads,
roll.gif

I hope Pettitte stays hot because when the playoffs roll around then we can send out CC, AJ, and Pettitte
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
that the Red Sox have won 6 of their last 7 and have gained little to no ground on the Yankees.

Someone on LoHud posted this.

Darrin September 1st, 2009 at 3:53 pm
Some quick perspective on the great 1998 Yanks vs current team:

In the last 45 years, the only Yankee team with a better record at this point in the season than the current Yankees, was the great 1998 version.

Thru 131 games:

1998 Yankees 95-36
2009 Yankees 83-48 12.0

Take that in for a moment - the current Yankees (who have played amazing +.700 ball for more than two months running) would be hopelessly behind the '98 team in the standings. In fact, for the 2009 Yankees to force a tie, they will have to go 31-0 from here on out.

In a nutshell, the amazing run we've seen the past several weeks, is how the '98 team played the ENTIRE SEASON.

** This post is for the youngsters on the board who were too young to remember that great season.
icon_smile.gif
" class="wp-smiley">

sick.gif
95-36

In fact, for the 2009 Yankees to force a tie, they will have to go 31-0 from here on out.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Ya love takin a stroll down memory lane in this %*%!#. The other thing that team did that the present day Yankees havnt been able to do is win in October.

I told my dad this and he still says the 61 team was the best

Hes getting a signed ball from every player on the 61 team, has all the big names except Elston Howard I believe...

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Ya love takin a stroll down memory lane in this %*%!#. The other thing that team did that the present day Yankees havnt been able to do is win in October.

You want strolls down memory lane? I could bring up 1986, 2003, and all those other years of Boston futility.

Fall back.

Of course, you can bring up 2004 and then we'd be even.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom