Official N.Y. Yankees 2010 SEASON THREAD (95-67) WC/ALDS Winners, and that's it =[ ...

I like the NYS, don't get me wrong, but I didn't think it was necessary. I miss the OYS more and more with every demolition pic/vid I see
frown.gif

The only bright side of that video was hearing the Mr. Softy jingle at the end
ohwell.gif

hughes got raped today. gave up a walkoff and also gave up a hr on the first pitch he threw.

i'd still make him the 5th right now ..........

I'm convinced Brackman has a brick in his head.

I missed you all.

We should get out to a game this year.

It won't happen though.

That was the mandatory one time I'll say it this month.

laugh.gif

Chad Gaudin placed on waivers...he's not looked great so far this spring...seems like the Yankees are more likely to keep Sergio Mitre on the roster.

[h2]http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/03/23/beyond-the-numbers-2/[/h2]
[h2]Beyond the numbers[/h2]
March23
Two years ago, LaTroy Hawkins came into spring training with the Yankees and pitched 8.2 Grapefruit League innings without allowing an earned run. When he came to pitch in a minor league game that spring, a group of reporters asked him what he thought about his impressive numbers. His response was classic.

“Spring don’t mean sh….

Originally Posted by bkmac

Yo Pro, http://www.azcentral.com/sports/dia...20100321arizona-diamondbacks-ian-kennedy.html

I wonder if letting go of IPK is going to hurt us in the long run.

He'll never be on that Maddux level but he will turn out to be a very solid pitcher for Arizona either this year or next year.  That fastball will be the death of him though.  A 4 seamer that is very flat and clocks 93 at it's maximum?  Recipe for disaster.  If he can work on his sinker, curve, slider and perfect the 2 seamer, he'll be a great pick-up for them.

Anywho, haven't been around much in the thread.  School and work have been kicking my +$+.  Picked up a bunch of tickets on Stubhub.  A lot cheaper than last season...

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by bkmac

Yo Pro, http://www.azcentral.com/sports/dia...20100321arizona-diamondbacks-ian-kennedy.html

I wonder if letting go of IPK is going to hurt us in the long run.

He'll never be on that Maddux level but he will turn out to be a very solid pitcher for Arizona either this year or next year.  That fastball will be the death of him though.  A 4 seamer that is very flat and clocks 93 at it's maximum?  Recipe for disaster.  If he can work on his sinker, curve, slider and perfect the 2 seamer, he'll be a great pick-up for them.

Anywho, haven't been around much in the thread.  School and work have been kicking my +$+.  Picked up a bunch of tickets on Stubhub.  A lot cheaper than last season...
Agreed on the Kennedy points. I see him doing well in Arizona, not much pressure over there, just go out and pitch well.

Stubhub tickets, what games/section/price? I'm going to have to go the Stubhub route again this season also.

A lot of rumblings going on the past few days as regarding Joba/Hughes for the 5th spot (looks like Aceves/Mitre are in the bullpen, and with Gaudin placed on waivers). Some links I've found say Hughes has it won, and ESPN Radio was saying yesterday that Joba has the inside track on the 5th spot.

Are we preparing for the Hughes Rules?
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yank...e_hughes_Lu1zJ1o2h8b05JrPW31JGM#ixzz0j6rDPEgX

At this point, who does Team Yankees want? Discuss.

*By the way, I just updated the first post of this thread a bit, more updates to come with the season starting in two weeks!)*

i want to see hughes as the 5th and joba coming out of the pen in the 8th....phil hughes has more of a starters demeanor than joba and i still feel that phil hasn't quite gotten his shot at the starter position, while weve given joba 2 seasons and he has showed us that he just doesnt have the composure and the control to handle the position on a consistant basis (although he did shoe flashes ie. the red sox game 2 years ago)

Hughes has been named the 5th starter...I just think its ridiculous that we wasted 3 yrs with Joba Rules for him to be stuck in the pen

Granderson to be named starting CF.
TAMPA -- Curtis Granderson is going to be named the Yankees' center fielder to open the season, The Post has learned.

The Yankees had come to spring training open minded about the possibility of Granderson playing left and Brett Gardner manning center. They had both statistical data and late-season eyeball scouting to suggest Granderson had slipped defensively as a center fielder while believing that Gardner had a chance to be one of the rangiest center fielders in the game.

And, early in camp, Granderson did give the Yankees concern by not looking especially effective in center, particularly in his penchant for taking awkward routes.

However, as camp has progressed, Granderson has played center better and better, well enough that the Yankees have not seen a significant gap between him and Gardner defensively. And in order to move the more established player off of his position, the Yanks were going to have to feel that Gardner was far superior in center to Granderson.

The Yanks preferred not to move Granderson anyway. He was their key acquisition in the offseason and they wanted him to get comfortable as quickly as possible, and figured changing positions could harm that aim. They also have to be concerned that Gardner never proves he is an everyday player, which could have forced them to have to move Granderson back to center during the season if Gardner lost a regular job.

So now Gardner will get a chance to demonstrate he is an everyday player as the Yankees' left fielder.

I'm happy with Hughes as the 5th. Joba just never developed enough consistency as a starter, in my book. Every time I thought he made big progress, he had another 5+ IP with 10H and 4ER the next time out.

I remember Cashman really wanted Joba to be a starter but when HE even admitted that he would strengthen the bullpen as a reliever...guess that made it official.

About goddamn time they put Joba in the pen permanently.

BK, I buy strictly bleachers and they're all between $12 and $35 for the most part. I got 4/16 vs. the Rangers and 5/14 vs. the Twins so far. Usually decide to go to games the day of though so I'll be picking up a ton more.

Finally Joba back in the pen
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now time to get that fastball back up to 97-99
pimp.gif

i like how other teams fans always wander across our threads but youll never see on of us in their threads

Back
Top Bottom