Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This playoffs has Spurs vs Miami written all over it... barring injuries

Thunder will lose to the winner of Clips/Mem

but i think GSW will take Spurs to game 7

I agree that this finals will be heat vs spurs. Spurs are clicking well now and are getting diaw and tiago back so that makes em deeper. Heat have been a well oiled machine for a while now with minor setbacks so if that remains constant, I see them repeating. Bron may get his finals vs spurs revenge, who knows...

Last edited:
Interesting take on Game 5 between LAC/MEM from Chris Herrington:

1. Homecourt vs. Trendlines: The central mystery of Game 5 is whether what we've seen so far is simply about homecourt advantage or whether the series is evolving in a more linear way. The Clipper optimist would say both teams have merely held serve on their home floor. That these two teams are fairly evenly matched, that homecourt has been the tipping point, and that now the Clippers have a 2-to-1 homecourt advantage in a best 2-of-3 series. Could be.

But the Grizzlies optimist would counter that what we've really seen is a solid, direct trend, with the Grizzlies growing stronger each game. Consider these trendlines:

Outcome:
Game 1 — Clippers +21
Game 2 — Clippers +2
Game 3 — Grizzlies +12
Game 4 — Grizzlies +21

Rebound Differential/Second-Chance Points:
Game 1 — Clippers +24/+20
Game 2 — Clippers +2/Grizzlies +4
Game 3 — Grizzlies +12/+18
Game 4 — Grizzlies +17/+20

Marc Gasol/Zach Randolph Production:
Game 1 — 29-6-8
Game 2 — 30-15-2
Game 3 — 43-19-4
Game 4 — 48-22-6

Part of this is how well Randolph has played, but another part of it is usage. Randolph is leading the team in scoring so far in the series, but the offense is primarily moving through Conley and Gasol, and that's the best path for the Grizzlies. This means getting the ball to Randolph in close, in positions to quikcly catch and shoot or drive rather than a heavy diet of pause-button isolations.

More: http://www.memphisflyer.com/BeyondtheArc/archives/2013/04/30/griz-clippers-game-5-preview-ten-takes

:nerd:

Last edited:
Gonna get some blasian ballers in 18 years! To play alongside all the kids made at the Olympics.

Wish Yao could've played longer he was on his way. 7'5 with touch and shot 80% from the line, young big men should be ashamed of themselves

i truly believe that if Yao was healthy his entire career he would have been one of the top 5 greatest centers of all time (Wilt, Kareem, Russell,?, Yao)

i truly believe that if Yao was healthy his entire career he would have been one of the top 5 greatest centers of all time (Wilt, Kareem, Russell,?, Yao)

I respectfully disagree. But I'll admit I didn't appreciate him until he was gone and I saw the next talent pool

Health don't root for Goliath.

impossible.... Yao was still a Nike athlete then

assuming thats a Reebok event

like 05 06.
that goes in the bittersweet collection.

I honestly couldn't tell lol I didn't know that was Yao to his left, and I figured with the long tee, Chinese lettered headband and dogtag chain - it was for sure 2001..

:lol: :smh: so sad see my boy AI go out the way he did man. He's pretty much all but remembered at this point in his life..

Last edited:
So we're talking about Durant scoring 38 points off 16 shots but ignoring Harden shot 4 of 12 with 10 turnovers and 1 rebound? :lol:

Harden is shooting 36 percent from the field and 16 percent from 3 point range this series :x

Ignoring? Dudes already took Harden's best SG in the league crown away. He's a 2nd/3rd option now. And he isn't clutch. And he's out of shape/too fat so he gets fatigued in crunch time. :lol:

I honestly couldn't tell lol I didn't know that was Yao to his left, and I figured with the long tee, Chinese lettered headband and dogtag chain - it was for sure 2001..

:lol: :smh: so sad see my boy AI go out the way he did man. He's pretty much all but remembered at this point in his life..

The way Iverson still dresses, that picture could've been taken yesterday yo

The isolation is one of the least efficient plays in basketball. That's what bad coaching gets you. McHale won't tell harden anything.

As far as the Chris Broussard thing, I don't agree with what he says but I believe he had a right to say it. Doesn't Christianity also preach not to judge others? It feels like some Christians pick and choose what they feel like following to justify foolishness as far as the bible goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom