Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the season started, I figured that not having KMart and Reggie Evans defending the paint would hurt the Clippers in a series vs us again this year. But, that was before we played them throughout the season and thought we still could not figure them out even AFTER the Rudy trade.

I guess the playoffs really tell the story more than anything though.

I'm definitely in the house (by the Clippers bench) on Friday.

Current OKC team has no chance of advancing past Memphis if they match up next round. NONE.

Hollins getting VDN and Brooks back-to-back.
laugh.gif
Talk about a free pass.
I understand you're looking at the coaching perspective of things--but i don't care how you look at it:  Dealing with Chris Paul and Kevin Durant in a 7 games series is far from getting a free pass.  

Hollins definitely not getting enough credit. I give him hell along with most Grizz fans and he's figured out a way to beat the Clippers. People can't sit up and say its easy for him to out duel VDN when VDN beat him last year along with beating him the first two games and throughout the season. He made smart adjustments. Gotta give him credit. He wants that extension.

Current OKC team has no chance of advancing past Memphis if they match up next round. NONE.

laugh.gif
Talk about a free pass.
They still have ibaka and perkins to bang around with Gasol and Zach. The clips have no one.
I don't trust those two vs. Memphis bigs, sorry. Ibaka ain't locking up Z-Bo.

laugh.gif
Talk about a free pass.
I understand you're looking at the coaching perspective of things--but i don't care how you look at it:  Dealing with Chris Paul and Kevin Durant in a 7 games series is far from getting a free pass.  
The "free pass" comment was strictly on the coaching side of the game. Not saying Hollins is a wizard but VDN and Brooks make his job exponentially easier.

*if they advance

Slightly off-topic.

For those of y'all who are old enough to have watched basketball in the 90's, is it hard for you to calls guys like Gasol, Lopez, Howard, Noah.."great" centers when you've watched dudes like Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq, Robinson, Mourning play?

I just SMH when I hear people say Lopez is a great big man when this dude can't even get 10 rebounds. I wouldn't put any of 'em in the great category but you gotta accept the fact that real big guys are almost extent. It's still crazy to me how many teams play w/o a Center and still win. The game has changed.

Still missed 90% of the season? :lol:

The fact is, no one expected him to play like this heading into the playoffs because of how he played. NO ONE. His play literally came out of nowhere. But, this team is winning because of us running the offense through Conley and Marc with Zach feeding off them. I'm glad we are working it that way.

Still think Noah is better than Marc? THAT'S the question. :lol:

Still think Conley isn't sniffing that top 10 PG list?

And ya'll gotta stop saying OKC don't stand a chance against Memphis next round. I prefer the underdog role. I hope everyone still got the Clippers winning this series and I hope everyone still got OKC winning next round if we advance. Its better that way.

I didn't miss anything.

What you expected is irrelvant, the real quesiton is what were the realiztic expectations for Rudy vs Z-BO

1. Rudy Played like dog **** for 2.5 years, worse than ZBO,
2. Rudy has never been as good as Z-Bo in the first place.
3. Rudy playing style takes the ball out of your best play makers hands(Marc, Conley.)

Besides being a better player, he is simply a synergistic property that changes your grizzlies from 1st round roadkill, to an outside outside chance at the finals.

Was it likely that Z-Bo played like this this? no, was even probable? no not probable, but it was within the realm of possibility, yes.

Marc is 28, this is your one shot, your front office caught lightning in a bottle with this Marc and Z-Bo thing, IMO you ride it into the ground, the Raptors have never even had a .001% chacne of winning the chip, you hit like 3 lottery tickets to here(fat Z-Bo reforming his ways, Pau's looser brother dropping 50 pounds, near bust Coneley sudley becoming a quality point gaurd) your ungratefulness is annoying. :lol:

For that chance at a chip however slim, given how hard it is for a non marque market to get even and outside shot at a chip, you take it, you run it back until Z-Bo's contract is up or he falls apart.

The FO was faced between Ruday Gay and non contender status, and Z-Bo and 1-100 championship dreams, given how much luck was involved in getting here in the first place, you might as well roll the dice again.

Last edited:
Hollins definitely not getting enough credit. I give him hell along with most Grizz fans and he's figured out a way to beat the Clippers. People can't sit up and say its easy for him to out duel VDN when VDN beat him last year along with beating him the first two games and throughout the season. He made smart adjustments. Gotta give him credit. He wants that extension.
From someone who isn't a Grizzlies fan, I still believe he's done a hell of a job with the talent he's been given.  Specifically this season after losing their "star" in Rudy Gay.

You mean Collison? Most of the time, Ibaka can barely play because he's not that good matching up defensively with them. Perkins gets worked by Marc all the time, but I guess since he can hold position against him he's ok. :lol:

But who on your team can take Durant? The man is deadly. The grizz match up great but I dont think its given the grizz will take the thunder.
Durant isn't beating any good team by himself.

The other 11 players on the Thunder will struggle mightily against Memphis.

I recognize how it can be very unfair for coaches, especially in the NBA. When you win, the small moves you make with your rotation, timeouts, and play calls might go unnoticed. Meanwhile, when you lose it's easier to remember the failure to call timeouts to stop a run, keeping a guy on the bench, etc.

But I'm pretty sure the team would be as successful if Chris Paul was the player coach. Hell... let Billups be the coach. Or even just have the subs automated based on minutes and randomly call timeouts and I'm pretty sure the Clippers would be just as good.

And just when I was giving credit to Mark Jackson, he starts up with this dirty play and insider information :lol:

I thought this was the old school, tough as nails coach? Yeah, he's a coach sticking up for his players and you do that when you think the refs didn't do a good job... but now you have a mole and they're playing dirty? Come on, man.

I recognize how it can be very unfair for coaches, especially in the NBA. When you win, the small moves you make with your rotation, timeouts, and play calls might go unnoticed. Meanwhile, when you lose it's easier to remember the failure to call timeouts to stop a run, keeping a guy on the bench, etc.

But I'm pretty sure the team would be as successful if Chris Paul was the player coach. Hell... let Billups be the coach. Or even just have the subs automated based on minutes and randomly call timeouts and I'm pretty sure the Clippers would be just as good.

And just when I was giving credit to Mark Jackson, he starts up with this dirty play and insider information
laugh.gif

I thought this was the old school, tough as nails coach? Yeah, he's a coach sticking up for his players and you do that when you think the refs didn't do a good job... but now you have a mole and they're playing dirty? Come on, man.
Just imagining the time being a player/coach would consume...
sick.gif

I just SMH when I hear people say Lopez is a great big man when this dude can't even get 10 rebounds. I wouldn't put any of 'em in the great category but you gotta accept the fact that real big guys are almost extent. It's still crazy to me how many teams play w/o a Center and still win. The game has changed.

I'm not sure we'll see centers on that Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq level. The game is just different now, none of these 6'10 - 7 feet kids have any post game and the game is more centered around peremiter players specially guards. Most of these bigs in the NBA now just no how to set picks and get bucks in transition. The game is shifting towards more players like Larry Sanders, Javale, Faried. Athletic bigs who can run the floor, rebound, block and pick and roll. Nerlens Noel is going to be the #1 pick in the draft, He's 6'11, has no post game and cannot shoot but he's a great athlete. It's a shame cause kids are far better athletes that if they had post games they could really dominate but it's mostly guys who aren't athletes that develop actual skills

:lol: at Mark Jackson whining like that. As someone who played in the east in the 90's he's got a lot of nerve to call that dirty.

Hes just trying to light a fire under his team fer game 6, since they didnt show up today to win.

Nothing wrong with any of the fouls in the Dubs Nuggs game and Curry is my favorite player.

Every time I see Shaq swing and miss on Miller, I'm pretty sure Miller would have been in a coma if he connected... or he would be talking through a computer

So apparently Vinny said Griffin messed up his ankle when he stepped on LOs foot in practice. LO with the sabotage :lol:

I'm not sure we'll see centers on that Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq level. The game is just different now, none of these 6'10 - 7 feet kids have any post game and the game is more centered around peremiter players specially guards. Most of these bigs in the NBA now just no how to set picks and get bucks in transition. The game is shifting towards more players like Larry Sanders, Javale, Faried. Athletic bigs who can run the floor, rebound, block and pick and roll. Nerlens Noel is going to be the #1 pick in the draft, He's 6'11, has no post game and cannot shoot but he's a great athlete. It's a shame cause kids are far better athletes that if they had post games they could really dominate but it's mostly guys who aren't athletes that develop actual skills

Preach. I swear dudes like Shawn Kemp and Larry Johnson would dominate today's NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom