Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
being physical =/= trying to trip someone up especially a player that has known to have ankle problems

i cant stand kenny at times but imo he is the reason why chuck is so funny

Kennys phone?
naw shaqs 

kenny and chuck play off each other well

shaq laughs way too much at his own jokes and you can tell others get annoyed of him

He's made be a believer. I think, based on this season, he's the best center in the league. He does everything well. Defense, offense, passing and rebounding. No other center can claim that.
glad more ppl see this...its a shame griz games dont get coverage.... dude isnt sportscenter worthy, but is a great player...and his interior passing/out the post passing is underrated.

I'm not really sure what he meant by "bigger impact defensively" when Marc won the DPOY and had an even bigger impact than Noah when looking at on/off court comparisons. Marc has won us like 3-4 games this season off game winning blocks. He hustles. All because he doesn't have the physical gifts to run the floor like Noah doesn't mean he lacks hustle.

But, like I said people have their own opinion. I don't see any reason why someone would rather build their team around Noah over Marc. He literally showed you EVERYTHING. :lol: You can say Noah may come close to him as a passer or defender, but when it comes to pure offensive skillset Noah is not touching Marc.

I want my center to rebound, block shots, and hustle. Noah is better in all those categories.

Rebounding: Noah>
Defensive Impact (DPOY has nothing to do with this): Noah >
Hustle: Noah >
Passing: =
Offensive Skill: Gasol >

Building a team around Noah instead of Gasol....lmao cmon son..that's crazy talk.

I never said anything about building my team around any of those guys. I said I rather have Noah as my center.

^^^ Hopefully, the jinx that Metta laid on us when he started Tweeting about the Clippers winning the West will now land on Memphis. I, for one, feel relieved the RonRon seems to have switched who he's backing in the series.

I want my center to rebound, block shots, and hustle. Noah is better in all those categories.

Rebounding: Noah>
Defensive Impact (DPOY has nothing to do with this): Noah >
Hustle: Noah >
Passing: =
Offensive Skill: Gasol >
I never said anything about building my team around any of those guys. I said I rather have Noah as my center.
i agree depending on the other pieces on the team...ala ben wallace for the pistons, mcgee on the nuggets. Noah should have a dpoy by now...i think any nba aficionado will agree with this. Thing is and its sad he isnt highlight/hypebeast worthy. He does alot of things that isnt on the stat sheet. And goes unnoticed for the avid/average bball fan.

shaq got to go..

make it a rotating spot.. something.. mailman was entertaining when he was on there, but i wouldnt want him full time..

webber could bounce between being in studio and calling games.. grerg anthony and gary payton could be regulars

nbatv should make their regular group shaq, penny and dennis scott.. shaq was actually bearable with those guys

Felton gets that fat rep because he came into the season out of shape after the lockout. He's not fat this year and he wasn't fat any year before that. He has a chubby-ish face but dude has always been muscular.

Who has a better shot spurs or grizz?

To beat the Heat? I'd say the Grizz. The Spurs kind of play the same way Miami does and Miami is not going to get beat at its own game. The Grizz actually would have a chance of slowing the game down and exploiting the advantages they have inside over the Heat. LeBron will kill either the Grizz or Spurs, but I think the Grizz have a better chance of keeping the rest of the Heat players in check.

Jim Boylan on #Bucks: "Not unlike many teams, there always are contract issues and personalities to deal with. It was not an easy group."

That is a messed up team from a construction perspective from the jump. Overhaul that team right this summer please or move them to Seattle.

The NBA Summer League in Vegas is adding a championship. Five games for seeds (7/12-16) & then a tourney (7/17-22).

Cool.

"Am I a two-guard? Am I a one? I feel like all of those questions were answered," Rivers said. "I played best when I was a one. Moving forward, that's what I'm going to try to do. I've always played the two. I don't know what's going to happen going into the summer.

:smh: Vasquez got the 1 on lock. Still can't believe the grizz traded him for Pondexter. :rofl:

Last edited:
Rivers isn't a 1 or a 2 he is a D league player

Grizz have no need for Vasquez, Conley is better and Pondexter gives them great length on D

In terms of what the Grizz need - Pondexter >>>> Vasquez

Yeah Bayless has played great for them as a backup pg and they needed a shooter so Pondexter helps them in that area (sometimes) plus gives them another athletic defender.

Last edited:
healthier Spurs team > *

But I'm not convinced they are healthy, it's easy to look good against the Lakers. They still were getting hit on the boards and Memphis will be a repeat. Splitter can't guard Zbo or Gasol and if any team can stop that spurs offense it's the Grizz
Conley vs Parker :pimp:
Manu vs Allen :pimp:
I think the Grizz beat the spurs in 6

Henry Abbott @TrueHoop

NBA says summer league will feature tournament play and a crowned champion for the first time this summer. Title game July 22.

Rockets winnin somethin this year.

And Damian Lillard won that thing. Old news, I know.

Prigioni got robbed, though. :nerd:

Last edited:
Rivers isn't a 1 or a 2 he is a D league player

Grizz have no need for Vasquez, Conley is better and Pondexter gives them great length on D

Rivers is dj strawberry Patrick Ewing jr status. I don't know what my hornets were thinking with that move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom