Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told ****** at the beginning of the season Bynum wouldn't play a minute for Philly. Dude doesn't like basketball, this is a guy who told Kareem that he had nothing more to learn from him :lol:

Got crucified for calling Austin Rivers EXTREMELY overrated before he was drafted. I knew his game was too immature for the NBA.

He made a career off of 1 buzzer beater.

Guess what player I compared him to before he got drafted..
langdon.r.jpg
*shrugs*
i never saw the hype even at duke 
mean.gif
 aint worth of the name sub zero the lin kuei should snatch him up and turn him into a cyborg. im pretty sure Bi-han and Kuai-Liang are spinng in their video graves 

I want my center to rebound, block shots, and hustle. Noah is better in all those categories.

Rebounding: Noah>
Defensive Impact (DPOY has nothing to do with this): Noah >
Hustle: Noah >
Passing: =
Offensive Skill: Gasol >
I never said anything about building my team around any of those guys. I said I rather have Noah as my center.

You talking out your *** if you think Noah passes as good as Gasol.

Congrats to Damian Lillard for winning ROY officially. :pimp:
Damian Lillard was announced as the unanimous selection for the Rookie of the Year on Wednesday.

Lillard received all 121 first-place votes to become the fourth Blazer in team history to win the award and only fourth unanimous selection in NBA history.

Congrats to Damian Lillard for winning ROY officially.
pimp.gif
Damian Lillard was announced as the unanimous selection for the Rookie of the Year on Wednesday.

Lillard received all 121 first-place votes to become the fourth Blazer in team history to win the award and only fourth unanimous selection in NBA history.
pimp.gif

Bayless is more of a scorer though. I see him more of a small 2 than a true 1. Vasquez was a true 1 and killed this year avg 9 asts/gm along with 13.1 pts. Grizz must have needed a backup PG because they signed Dooling.

Vasquez did not fit Hollins' concept of a PG. He wants his PG to be able to defend and run an offense the right way. Vasquez did too many things he wanted and did not follow what Lionel wanted out of him. Not to mention, he was a complete negative on the defensive end, so Hollins did not care for him much on both ends of the floor. I know I would not want to see Vasquez against the likes of Eric Bledsoe and Chris Paul in the playoffs.

Pondexter fits our system. He's also shot 56.5% TS this year which was the highest of his career by almost a full 5 percent. Last year, he only shot 36.5% from the corner, this season its jumped to 45.5% which is well above league average.

Also, it shows you how much a difference it makes for this team to have a player like Bayless who is capable of handling the ball and play off the ball. OJ struggled so much last season against the pressure of the Clippers guards that he damn near embarrassed himself. Bayless is probably the first combo guard to have success under Lionel Hollins and that's saying something. As far as a Grizz-Heat finals, I think the Heat would win in 7. It would be extremely hard for them to win though.

I hope to see a Grizz-Spurs WCF, because I feel like both teams are very evenly matched. But, let us please win Friday first :lol:

Bayless is more of a scorer though. I see him more of a small 2 than a true 1. Vasquez was a true 1 and killed this year avg 9 asts/gm along with 13.1 pts. Grizz must have needed a backup PG because they signed Dooling.

Vasquez did not fit Hollins' concept of a PG. He wants his PG to be able to defend and run an offense the right way. Vasquez did too many things he wanted and did not follow what Lionel wanted out of him. Not to mention, he was a complete negative on the defensive end, so Hollins did not care for him much on both ends of the floor. I know I would not want to see Vasquez against the likes of Eric Bledsoe and Chris Paul in the playoffs.

Pondexter fits our system. He's also shot 56.5% TS this year which was the highest of his career by almost a full 5 percent. Last year, he only shot 36.5% from the corner, this season its jumped to 45.5% which is well above league average.

Also, it shows you how much a difference it makes for this team to have a player like Bayless who is capable of handling the ball and play off the ball. OJ struggled so much last season against the pressure of the Clippers guards that he damn near embarrassed himself. Bayless is probably the first combo guard to have success under Lionel Hollins and that's saying something. As far as a Grizz-Heat finals, I think the Heat would win in 7. It would be extremely hard for them to win though.

I hope to see a Grizz-Spurs WCF, because I feel like both teams are very evenly matched. But, let us please win Friday first :lol:

Good input.

But don't you think the Grizz undervalued Vasquez as a trade asset though? The way this dude exploded this season you could have gotten some one even better than quincy.

And what happened to Selby, did he get cut or something? last thing I heard he was torching the summer league or d league one of those leagues. :nerd:

Last edited:
Really Knicks? Lets see what smith has to say if Knicks lose this game since he swore they only lost last game due to his absence.

Since Knicks are letting the celtics hang around, now I want the celtics to make a come back n win.

Last edited:

Good input.

But don't you think the Grizz undervalued Vasquez as a trade asset though? The way this dude exploded this season you could have gotten some one even better than quincy.

And what happened to Selby, did he get cut or something? last thing I heard he was torching the summer league or d league one of those leagues. :nerd:

Selby was in the trade to Cleveland I think, but got waived. Believe he's in the DLeague.

^^^Can you really say Vasquez is that much better than Pondexter. You certainly couldn't at the time the trade was made and even now I think it's still debatable. Did Vasquez really blow up or did he just put up inflated numbers on a bad team? I'm not sold on him being a starting PG on a playoff team. Meanwhile, Pondexter is very solid utility player for a good team. The Grizz did fine in that trade:

I know I would not want to see Vasquez against the likes of Eric Bledsoe and Chris Paul in the playoffs.
He turned the ball over 17 times in three games against the Clippers this season. It was harassment.

The only thing slower than Greivis Vasquez on defense is Greivis Vasquez on offense. Dude is the perfect point guard for Monty Williams, unfortunately. At some point, he has to realize that Anthony Davis and Al-Farouq Aminu are elite fastbreak players and Ryan Anderson is an elite shooter and stop playing the slowest pace in basketball.

He is fooling a lot of people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom