Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think Scott Brooks is a good coach (and we really have no grasp on who's good and who's not anyway, so who cares). We're going off two game samples where your second best player was just wiped away without warning.
my opinion of him is formed from a little more than 2 games..

i cant speak for everyone else.. but for me, he's been pretty bad for a couple seasons.. started becoming apparent to me when he stuck with jeff green as our starting PF, inspite of how well ibaka was doing in the limited minutes he was getting (and disregarding matchups when using either of those guys)

soooooooo rockets' fans.. ummm how do you guys feel about royce commenting on games?

Royce White         [emoji]10004[/emoji] @Highway_30

@KDTrey5... Y'all are looking SHAAAKYY BAAABYY.
[table][tr][td]Royce White @Highway_30 [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
And... that's why you play the games. That @okcthunder team just looked shook. "They're looking shaky baby." #RedNation
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Royce White @Highway_30 [/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]
It's ALOT of tough B-BALL fans on twitter... Lol! I'm a spectator right now, I'll say whatever the f**k I want. Swing when you see me.
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Royce White @Highway_30 [/td][td]13h[/td][/tr][tr][td]
“@shadymac1: @Highway_30 [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]” I'm scared of planes, not fist fights lol.
[/td][/tr][/table]
This dude is the biggest herb

Lmao @ Kenyon Martin. Wanted to talk **** and wear all black, but then turns *****made and refuses to talk to reporters after the game when he and J.R. Smith both put up absolutely pathetic efforts. When you beat your chest you have to answer the questions people have later. Bunch of ******g clowns, I'd say "act like you've been there before", but it's been so long since you had any kind of success I guess that doesn't apply to you.

JR Smith at least owned up to his comment...K-Mart on the other hand came off looking like a chump.

Where was the leadership on the team to suggest that publicly announcing WHY you're wearing black, might be a bad idea?

At least he isn't trying to be something he's not. He carried them to the playoffs by shooting, not passing.

Sure it kills the flow sometimes when he's forcing shots. Of course you dont ever wanna see him go 1 on 5, constantly playing hero ball or anything. But when you live by Melo, sometimes you'll die by Melo.

Many people get on Durant for being passive and letting Russ take over the team too often. We tell him to be more aggressive, play with a killer instinct, and shoot the way he should be shooting.

But then we wanna sit here and say that a dude who has shooting in his blood, Melo, and has carried his team to the 2 seed with his scoring production, needs to shoot less and have more assists?

So some need to stop being something they aren't (like Durant being a passer), and some need to be more of something they've never been (Melo shooting less and racking up assists)?

Gotta stay consistent with what we ask of stars, IMHO.

P.S. I'm personally not a fan of Melo.
So take it as an objective opinion.
Just sayin you can't say be who you are to someone and then ask them to do something they've never done.

I keep thinking you're AntiDope! Omg lol

Last edited:
soooooooo rockets' fans.. ummm how do you guys feel about royce commenting on games?

Royce White        [emoji]10004[/emoji] @Highway_30

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Royce White @Highway_30[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

And... that's why you play the games. That @okcthunder team just looked shook. "They're looking shaky baby." #RedNation

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

It's ALOT of tough B-BALL fans on twitter... Lol! I'm a spectator right now, I'll say whatever the f**k I want. Swing when you see me.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]13h[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

“@shadymac1: @Highway_30 [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]” I'm scared of planes, not fist fights lol.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Never met him, never followed him, don't know nearly enough about his game or anything.

But this **** right here? :stoneface: No Z-Bo reclamation. Just get out of the league and stay out.

Carmelo and Durant being too aggressive, not aggressive enough..not efficient, trying to be too efficient. Whatever. They're scorers, they're going to score the ball.

Both have been bad on defense the past couple games (being kind, Durant is a disaster right now), neither can truly initiate offense and neither has gone in the post to open things up.

Coaching is failing them, teammates are failing them and not being complete players is also failing them. Not a mindset, not everything has to relate back to scoring the basketball. Go impact the game somewhere else.

Last edited:
My gripe with a lot of these new NBA players is their professionalism.

Literally half of them don't have any. C'mon man. You threatening to fight people over twitter?!

I've never laughed at anyone's downfall before in my life, but I can guarantee you a few 'lulz' will be had when Royce White's decline and exodus occurs..

You doing it to yourself, bruh.

Last edited:
Royce white wants to raise mental health awareness, but no one is going to take him seriously when he's having multiple kids by multiple women, refusing to pay back loans because he just doesn't want to, he quit on his team multiple times this season, and is now talking trash to Kevin Durant as if Royce is actually playing on the team. Terrible representation of our organization

[h1]CourtVision: Just How Good Are Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson?[/h1]
profile : Goldsberry_Kirk profile is nulltrueBy Kirk Goldsberry on
May 2, 2013 1:35 PM ET
i
Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images
The first reason I like Steph Curry is that he's a relatively normally sized human being who has figured out a way to become an NBA superstar. When you look at guys like Dwight Howard, LeBron James, or Dirk Nowitzki, it’s easy to see why they might be incredible basketball players. Stephen Curry doesn't look like those guys; someone with his exact figure could walk into any pickup gym in America and few people would notice. Curry is skinny and shortish by NBA standards, but pound-for-pound he is probably the best scorer the league has seen since Allen Iverson.

It’s Curry’s tiny frame and the current NBA injury plague that make what happened the other night in Denver more bothersome. Kenneth “Manimal” Faried stuck out his foot, in what was possibly an attempt to trip Curry, who could easily be nicknamed “beanpole.” I love Faried as much as anyone but was repulsed to see him resort to that. To me it seemed out of character and dickish (or malicious), which is a word I would never use to describe Faried or his game. Why would he resort to tripping? Those saying fouls like that are part of the game neglect to mention that this exact move could easily start a fight at any level of basketball. Tripping is never part of the game and it never should be.

A lot of people have argued, “Well, this is playoff basketball and hard fouls are the norm.” They cite the Pistons beating up Michael Jordan as an example. They imply that there’s some old-school cred associated with this stuff. There’s not, and thank god the days of clotheslining are bygone. Hurting dudes who make the NBA fun to watch is not cool now, and it never really was. If you want to watch big guys fight each other, there’s a sport for you, but it’s not basketball. There is no dignity in “touching up”; there should be no pride in substituting brutality for skill. And though it’s an argument for another time, you’ll find many of the same people who embrace the notion of hard gymnasium fouls on Friday preaching about the importance of player safety in other sports on Sundays.
http://
Imagine a parallel world in which Curry had fallen down and hurt one of his fragile ankles — I don't think that’s an implausible scenario. Imagine the backlash at Faried. Imagine the PTI segment; Kornheiser would be aghast. Imagine the First Take segments; Bayless would be apoplectic. My argument is that once Faried stuck that big yellow Adidas out in front of Curry, he chose to enter a realm where such an injury became a realistic possibility. He didn't know the outcome of his action, but he certainly knew the possibilities, and it's not a stretch to suggest he knows Curry's injury history as well.

On the long list of people who are thankful that Curry didn’t get hurt, Kenneth Faried should be very close to the top.

There's another reason I like Steph Curry: He’s an incredible shooter. In fact he may be the best in the world at converting jump shot opportunities into points. To borrow a concept from the legendary Bob Ryan, if the aliens came down and challenged humanity with a winner-take-all game of H-O-R-S-E, of all the current NBA players I would definitely nominate Stephen Curry to be our representative in that game. Curry’s shot chart reflects this greatness; he puts up stellar numbers virtually everywhere along the perimeter.
[+] Enlarge
Kirk Goldsberry/Grantland
Unsurprisingly, Curry outperforms NBA averages at every spot beyond the arc. He’s incredibly effective in the corners and along the right wing (graphic left); it’s probably safe to say that he’s the best 3-point shooter in the league. After all, he did break Ray Allen’s record for 3-point field goals made in a season this year. However, relative to league averages, Curry’s efficiency drops the closer he gets to the rim. That’s not to say he’s not very good in the midrange — he is, but he’s definitely not the best midrange shooter in the league. He hits long 2s at a lower rate than bigger guys like Chris Bosh. Both Bosh and Curry take about five shots between 16 and 23 feet each game, but Bosh makes 52 percent while Curry makes only 44 percent. Curry has a bit of trouble scoring around bigger defenders, and it’s this effect that exposes the biggest shortcoming in Curry’s offensive game.

If there’s a clear weakness in Curry’s offensive portfolio it’s scoring the basketball down low in the land of giants. In the era of so-called “attack guards” or “power guards,” Curry doesn’t quite fit in. He doesn’t get to the rim as much as the league’s other All-Star guards. With the exception of the pure point guard Chris Paul, all nine All-Star guards this year attempted at least four shots per game at the rim. Stephen Curry attempted only 2.1 shots per game at the rim. Relative to his elite peer group — which includes guys like James Harden and Russell Westbrook — he lacks the size and the power to effectively attack the basket. That said, he’s not Austin Rivers, and when he gets to the basket he’s not terrible. Regardless, nobody watches Steph Curry to see him attack; we watch him because he is one of the top jump shooters the league has ever seen, a fact not lost on Mark Jackson.
[+] Enlarge
Last week, after the Warriors hung 131 points on the Nuggets in Game 2, shooting 65 percent from the floor, Jackson hyped the shooting prowess of his backcourt. He went so far as to say his team possessed the best shooting backcourt ever. That’s obviously a bold claim, but might not be so outlandish. Together with Klay Thompson, the Warriors decorate the perimeter with a terrifying amount of efficiency. Although Thompson isn’t on the same level as Curry, he provides a suitable Robin to Curry’s Batman.
[+] Enlarge
Like Curry, Thompson is particularly good from the right corner, where he made more than 50 percent of his shots this year. However, away from the right corner, Thompson is a run-of-the-mill good 3-point shooter; he ranked 31st in 3-point shooting efficiency this season behind players like Nate Robinson, Randy Foye, and LeBron James. Don't get me wrong, he’s good, but he’s not Steph Curry. Either way, Jackson’s quote about his backcourt is emblematic of a larger problem in contemporary basketball discourse. Too often we let the “best ever” be the enemy of the “great” — there’s no question that along with Jarrett Jack, Thompson and Curry are freakishly great at shooting the basketball. However, when we throw around “best ever” — and we do a lot these days — we immediately provoke an argument. Instead of simply appreciating these guys for being great, we are thrust into pointless debates about Gail Goodrich, Jerry West, Raja Bell, and Steve Nash. Next thing you know we’re not appreciating greatness anymore and we find ourselves deep down in the Gail Goodrich YouTube rabbit hole. Don’t do it, you guys.

Digressions aside, the Warriors are really fun to watch, especially on offense, where Curry has evolved into the kind of elite scoring talent that many scouts doubted he could become. Further, the coaching staff has created sets that effectively provide their excellent shooting guards with excellent opportunities. Their "elevator doors" play for Curry is probably the best example of this, and a thrilling bit of playbook craftiness. Going forward, helping Curry get shots and keeping him healthy remain key to the Warriors' success. If the last few weeks of basketball have taught us anything, keeping guys healthy and on the floor is hard enough in this league, and the last thing we need are dirty little plays that only elevate the risk of losing another superstar.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...-how-good-are-stephen-curry-and-klay-thompson

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]13h[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Lmfaoooo i cant even hate on royce for those tweets, "Swing when you see me" is some **** I would say

My gripe with a lot of these new NBA players is their professionalism.

Literally half of them don't have any. C'mon man. You threatening to fight people over twitter?!

I've never laughed at anyone's downfall before in my life, but I can guarantee you a few 'lulz' will be had when Royce White's decline and exodus occurs..

You doing it to yourself, bruh.
True.  Just like the Joe Budden and Glen Davis twitter fighting back in 2010.  Some of these players need to spend more time in the gym, honing their craft and skills instead of sending a lot of useless tweets during these online scuffles.

Royce white wants to raise mental health awareness, but no one is going to take him seriously when he's having multiple kids by multiple women, refusing to pay back loans because he just doesn't want to, he quit on his team multiple times this season, and is now talking trash to Kevin Durant as if Royce is actually playing on the team. Terrible representation of our organization
he's done more harm to the isse and he's making damn sure that the next draft prospect with an issue like his will2nd round if not undrafted.

Originally Posted by Brian Johnson  

Don't play dumb, MMG. You could end up being right about every single thing you said and it still don't mean **** since it's empty words from someone who only shows his face when it's convenient. I'm not interested in hearing basketball analysis from Casper.
Wrong buddy.

And you sound highly upset that your fraud of a Knick team is on the verge of collapse.

The only people the ever hyped up the Knicks are Knicks fans and NY media.

Talking about ECF or bust
laugh.gif

Complaining that no one respects them
laugh.gif

Knicks are exactly what everyone thought they were.

No offensive flow outside of melo ( him chucking ) and poor defense.

But hey at least melo got a nice little scoring title badge to add to his all star jacket
grin.gif
We're playing the "U MAD" card in 2013 though? I thought everyone was past that...
Don't play dumb, MMG. You could end up being right about every single thing you said and it still don't mean **** since it's empty words from someone who only shows his face when it's convenient. I'm not interested in hearing basketball analysis from Casper.
This still applies.

Point is, everything you say is negated by the fact that you're nowhere to be seen when they're doing well after talking all that **** before the season started. And of course you're not gonna own up to it so I won't waste any more keystrokes on you.

Still think Scott Brooks is a good coach (and we really have no grasp on who's good and who's not anyway, so who cares). We're going off two game samples where your second best player was just wiped away without warning.

I love Bill Simmons and think he's knowledgeable, but I close my ears when anything Boston is brought up. Like cmon, drawing parallels to the 2004 Red Sox... This is the ******g FIRST ROUND :LOL :LOL :LOL When the Celtics get beat in Game 6 all that 04 Red Sox talk is looking downright foolish.
Brooks is probably the most stubborn coach in the league, I don't know how anyone other than his team & relatives could defend him and say he's "good". Definitely more than a two game sample...some of us have been on that train for a while now.

G6 in Boston is really more like the Knicks' G7. They don't deserve benefit of the doubt past that, especially not after they've pulled this mental ****** **** too many times this season.

Jordan Crawford is getting KILLED in the Boston media today.

True.  Just like the Joe Budden and Glen Davis twitter fighting back in 2010.  Some of these players need to spend more time in the gym, honing their craft and skills instead of sending a lot of useless tweets during these online scuffles.
Not that I care about Glen Davis or Joe Budden's lame ***** but this argument is so tired. 

We don't know what an athlete's daily routine consists of based of their social media activity.

The whole (insert athlete here) should be working on his game instead of tweeting theory is ridiculous. Ya'll act like because they tweet...it means that probably didn't put in work in the gym that day or something.

Lebron's pretty active on twitter. Would he be an even better basketball player if he was working on his game during the time he's tweeting also?

Carmelo and Durant being too aggressive, not aggressive enough..not efficient, trying to be too efficient. Whatever. They're scorers, they're going to score the ball.

Both have been bad on defense the past couple games (being kind, Durant is a disaster right now), neither can truly initiate offense and neither has gone in the post to open things up.

Coaching is failing them, teammates are failing them and not being complete players is also failing them. Not a mindset, not everything has to relate back to scoring the basketball. Go impact the game somewhere else.

I think the mindset they have where they need to shoot their ways out of slumps is hurting them as well.

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]13h[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

:lol:

All that Twitter stuff is just funny but not a reason to hate the dude. His other personal stuff now thats a different story

RT @stevekylerNBA: Not looking for for Blake Griffin in Game 6 in Memphis...will be a game time decision. If he can't go, Lamar Odom will go in his place, Odom talked with the media and said his group would have to learn the meaning of sacrific to win Game 6, said this was a real young team.

RT @stevekylerNBA: All three Clipper players were a little despondent about the situation heading into Game 6, was not a lot of confidence from the bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom