Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp.

I guess Mike Brown could mess it up after all NobleKane.
laugh.gif

So who's the coach.

Welp, that was quick. ESPN.com is reporting mike brown got canned...What a moronic hire....

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...les-lakers-fired-coach-mike-brown-source-says

Source: Lakers fire Mike Brown

Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike Brown has been fired after a 1-4 start to the season, a source tells ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.

It is not known yet who will take over for him, but a source indicated that it will either be assistant coach Bernie Bickerstaff or Chuck Person on an interim basis.

Sources had said earlier Friday that his job would be in jeopardy if the team did not perform well on its upcoming six-game homestand.

The Lakers have had a healthy Steve Nash in the lineup for only 1½ of their five games so far thanks to a leg injury, while fellow newcomer Dwight Howard has acknowledged that he's still recovering from the back surgery that brought a premature end to his 2011-12 campaign and knocked him out of the London Olympics. Kobe Bryant has also been playing through a foot ailment.
The Lakers are off to the worst start in the Western Conference despite carrying the league's largest payroll at just over $100 million, which would trigger an estimated luxury-tax bill at season's end of nearly $30 million.

The team has also been trying to institute a form of the Princeton offense, a system that relies on reads and ball sharing in order to take some offensive load off Bryant. The results have been mixed so far.

Last edited:
How is Phil Jackson not the obvious answer here? He has all the leverage.

Lakers are desperate at this point.

This is the definition of jumping the gun.

5 games? Really?

Can't wait for them to hire another coach so everyone can see that Mike Brown was not the problem in L.A.

D'Antoni/Nash reunited????

I was thinking that too. Kobe would like the hire too a presume. They could speak Italian to each other running plays...He used to talk playful trash in Italian to D'Antoni when the Lakers used to play the Knicks...

Last edited:
I'm a little suprised they pulled the trigger on canning Brown this quick, but not completely. Its pretty inexcusable for a team with that roster to have the worst record in the Western Conference even after only 5 games.

Let the wild speculation begin about who the replacement will be. I really don't see Phil coming back -- again -- but stranger things have happened.

How is Phil Jackson not the obvious answer here? He has all the leverage.
Lakers are desperate at this point.

Highly doubt PJ comes back to coach this squad.

However, with Dwight, Kobe Nash and Pau that may be appealing to him.

Still doubt it though.

I know once phil hears this he's probably thinking "God d***it, here they come. Let me change my number" :lol:

Last edited:
The Lakers are so over the top and extreme man :lol:

After winning 3 straight titles and finally loosing for the VERY FIRST TIME in the decade, what do they do? Bring in two hall of famers to go with two more hall of famers with that 04 squad.

After getting bounced in the second round twice after WINNING BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS what do they do? Bring in STEVE NASH AND DWIGHT HOWARD :lol:

They get off to a 1 and 4 start, literally 5 games into the season and fire their coach :lol: The star pg you acquired for him to work with hasn't even played in 2 games yet. Come on man, that's ridiculous

Last edited:
The Lakers are so over the top and extreme man :lol:
After winning 3 straight titles and finally loosing for the VERY FIRST TIME in the decade, what do they do? Bring in two hall of famers to go with two more hall of famers with that 04 squad.
After getting bounced in the second round twice after WINNING BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS what do they do? Bring in STEVE NASH AND DWIGHT HOWARD :lol:
They get off to a 1 and 4 start, literally 5 games into the season and fire their coach :lol:
I'm sure it went beyond just the 1-4 start...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom