Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you amnesty Perk & sign Kenyon/Birdman to the vet min, then you can keep both Serge & Harden
But then they'd never really have any flexibility. Had to move one of them.
Ehhh. I'd be very comfortable with being locked in to the 2nd best player in the league, a top 3 PG, a top 3 SG, and an All NBA defense big man.

With those 4 they'd have the West on lock until the contracts run out and if Harden doesn't go ghost in the finals again, they could knock off Miami. Especially if Wade keeps getting hurt

And they'd still have the full MLE for 1 more season to add another piece

Those 4 > flexibility

Last edited:
derrick favors would have been a real good look for OKC had they shipped ibaka and kept harden.

Russ, Harden, KD, Favors would have been unreal, all of them are 22-24.

Luxury tax would have got them eventually but if they weren't so cheap that team is crazy. As ignorant as Presti is about Perk/Ibaka & Brooks, he continuously makes great moves in the draft so I don't doubt that they will add good pieces moving forward

At this point amnestying Perkins and letting Kmart walk doesn't do anything. We're still over the cap and will only have the mle so maybe we can get a West, Pachulia, Dalembert, Dorrell Wright, Martell Webster, OJ Mayo, Koufos, Birdman, KenyonMartin, Blatche, or somebody and we have 4 picks. More hindsight, something like Perkins, plus Lamb or Jones, + Toronto + Charlotte (31) could have gotten us Gortat probably before Toronto made the Gay trade and won all those games thus devaluing the pick and then Perkins went and set records for futility.

some random thoughts and/ or wishful thinking :lol:

but OKC trades Green for Perk for the potential match up against Gasol/Bynum.

playing big didnt work out in the Finals vs the Heat, or in the semis vs the Griz.

what if they kept Green, played him at the 4, had Ibaka at the 5 and committed to playing small ball.

they would 'mirror' the Heat in terms of how they would play and their personnel.

of course theres a chance that wouldve gone south. i wish the Thunder head office didnt have the 'win now' mentality.

BHZ or any other Grizz fan,

what are the chances yall think  of Chris Wallace and/or Lionel Hollins being retained are??

I wouldn't mind seeing one of them, if not both with the Kings if our new owner doesn't bring some personnel from the Warriors.

IDK how Hollins would do with DMC, but he manages Z-Bo and Grit Grind ok I guess.

I hope nets are out there calling these coaches :nerd:

Presti had to be the dumbest smart person :smh:

Dude has a knack for the draft but his personal decisions leave a lot of the imagination.

Presti only follows the orders given to him by management above him.

The owners weren't willing to spend heavy so his hands are tied.

They need a real point guard, Brandon Knight is not the future and Calderon is 32. They might have to be bad next year and get a nice pick in this loaded 2014 draft
real talks...and Dumars giving Rodney Stuckey the extension last offseason was stupid.

Funny thing is during those championship runs, Joe looked like he knew what he was doing, dude took some missteps or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom