Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over Detroit? FOH
laugh.gif

and Detroit>Miami that year, they were pretty much about to repeat if it wasnt for some dumb plays. Look at how they beat the Spurs that year.

Miami was not gonna beat the Spurs in 05, i can put my house on it.

Last edited:
Wade should be top 5 regardless IMO. I'm not mad at him being 3. He's my fav player and prob fav of all time. I do think he is the best shot blocking 2 we've seen.

However, and this is coming from a die hard Wade fan, I'm not sure about prime Wade being a lot better than prime Kobe if at all. Kobe has always had the better jumper, and I think a better post game. Wade is still fairly skilled and polished though aside from his jumper and is a little more of a balance player imo. But I think the fact that he's such a weak 3 point shooter hurts him. But he's always been very injury prone and that has also hurt his career A LOT.

Prime Kobe was very athletic. I think Wade was a little more polished as an all around player, but Kobe was WAY more skilled offensivey/as a scorer. Kobe could score in more ways than Wade because of Kobe's shooting ability. I respect the Mamba.

stat wise yes! his would be just as good if not better. championship wise? no.

same could be said for Wade. remember, he only got one BECAUSE of Shaq...

but lets start a whole new argument

Kobe>>>>>Wade

everyone knows that, if your trying to argue that then idk.. :{
LOL Wade won that title cause of shaq?!

Wade won that title

But even tho bleacher report aint the most respected source of sports info they knew as well

Wade won that title

But even tho bleacher report aint the most respected source of sports info they knew as well

Dude was just attacking the basket relentlessly. It was either get to the rim or bank shot from the elbow he couldn't be stopped that series

^ not trying to discredit him that is the greatest of all time performace in the finals statistically

But not the most exciting nor riveting

When dude shot 25 free throws that one game i was tight

stat wise yes! his would be just as good if not better. championship wise? no.

same could be said for Wade. remember, he only got one BECAUSE of Shaq...

but lets start a whole new argument

Kobe>>>>>Wade

everyone knows that, if your trying to argue that then idk.. :{
LOL Wade won that title cause of shaq?!

so Shaq had NOTHING to do with it at all? when he was sitll in his prime you can say?

oh ok.

so Shaq had NOTHING to do with it at all? when he was sitll in his prime you can say?

oh ok.
Shaq averaged 13 points in that 06 finals did he have an impact yes cause you have to account for him but he definitely was out of his prime. And did nothing in that Finals that screamed omg without Shaq we wouldn't have won this championship that was wades team

Wade should be top 5 regardless IMO. I'm not mad at him being 3. He's my fav player and prob fav of all time. I do think he is the best shot blocking 2 we've seen.

However, and this is coming from a die hard Wade fan, I'm not sure about prime Wade being a lot better than prime Kobe if at all. Kobe has always had the better jumper, and I think a better post game. Wade is still fairly skilled and polished though aside from his jumper and is a little more of a balance player imo. But I think the fact that he's such a weak 3 point shooter hurts him. But he's always been very injury prone and that has also hurt his career A LOT.

Prime Kobe was very athletic. I think Wade was a little more polished as an all around player, but Kobe was WAY more skilled offensivey/as a scorer. Kobe could score in more ways than Wade because of Kobe's shooting ability. I respect the Mamba.

Props for looking at this from a unbiased perspective.

Wade at his best was unstoppable getting to the basket and he's probably the best shot blocker ever at 6'4 but dude never really developed a post game or a outside jumper and that's part of the reason why he's struggling right now. He can't blow past or out jump dudes anymore. Kobe can pretty much score from anywhere on the floor, he was a great defender for years, he's a playmaker. He's a lock for 25 5 5 every year.

I would probably put Clyde ahead of him just cuz he was more consistent but I'm not at Wade being 3rd.

Last edited:
Wade shows flashes of a decent post game. But not developed enough for him to use it as a number 1 option. He had a great mid range game until probably when he hurt his shoulder. After he came back he was just all do or die to the rim and his mid range game has pretty much left him lol. I used to love watching him use that glass from 15 feet man.

But like i've said Kobe as an offensive savant. Dude can shoot from anywhere, can create space from anywhere, and has really great footwork. Wade was pretty good at all facets of the game, but he was only GREAT at shotblocking and attacking the rim. Wish dude would have worked on his shooting and range though, it would have helped prolong his career a little bit. Still my favorite though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom