Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed at this thread.  I thought their would be more legit NBA basketball talk.  Not a bunch homers and dudes insulting other homers.  Who cares what team you like.  Bring some decent discussion about players, teams, and current events in the league.  C'mon man ya'll are better than this.

You're more than welcome to go back to whatever hole you crawled out of then. :smile:

I'm disappointed at this thread.  I thought their would be more legit NBA basketball talk.  Not a bunch homers and dudes insulting other homers.  Who cares what team you like.  Bring some decent discussion about players, teams, and current events in the league.  C'mon man ya'll are better than this.

You're more than welcome to go back to whatever hole you crawled out of then. :smile:

This was at the start of the 2nd half... I was honestly surprised at how filled up the place was. I think the announced crowd was 14 or 15k, 17k is capacity.

It was nice to kick back for 3 hours and not think about the Kings leaving :\ :wow:

Don't even start. I watched the game on LP. The upper bowl was a ghost town lol. i'm surprised the producers even panned up to those sections. Looked like a WNBA crowd. not hatin' just reporting on what was shown on TV.

This was at the start of the 2nd half... I was honestly surprised at how filled up the place was. I think the announced crowd was 14 or 15k, 17k is capacity.

It was nice to kick back for 3 hours and not think about the Kings leaving 
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif
Don't even start. I watched the game on LP. The upper bowl was a ghost town lol. i'm surprised the producers even panned up to those sections. Looked like a WNBA crowd. not hatin' just reporting on what was shown on TV.
laugh.gif
 ok bub... I guess watching it on TV you probably had a better view than me. Most writers covering the game noted the place was about 3/4 filled. Not bad considering its been a day since the Maloofs bent Kings fans over.

I'll fall back and be a gracious loser though(figuratively, losing the Kings and literally, losing to this game 
laugh.gif
)

Congrats on the Kings though.

Last edited by a moderator:
laugh.gif
 ok bub... I guess watching it on TV you probably had a better view than me. I'll fall back.

It was damn loud, that's for sure. Loudest it might've been all season.
Naw the Lakers game was nuts. It was loud as hell the entire game 
laugh.gif
 everytime Kobe got to the line the Lakers fans started MVP chants, the Kings fans fired back with Sac-ra-ment-o and Beat LA chants. It went on all night. Lost my voice that game

You're more than welcome to go back to whatever hole you crawled out of then.
smile.gif
011013-Kings-Mavericks-SW-PI_20130111015412583_660_320.JPG

:lol:  ok bub... I guess watching it on TV you probably had a better view than me. Most writers covering the game noted the place was about 3/4 filled. Not bad considering its been a day since the Maloofs bent Kings fans over.

I'll fall back and be a gracious loser though(figuratively, losing the Kings and literally, losing to this game :lol: )

you know i'm far from a hater...but there were clear shots of the upper bowl. It was empty. I'm sorry. Would you like screen shots? That can be arranged.

laugh.gif
 ok bub... I guess watching it on TV you probably had a better view than me. Most writers covering the game noted the place was about 3/4 filled. Not bad considering its been a day since the Maloofs bent Kings fans over.

I'll fall back and be a gracious loser though(figuratively, losing the Kings and literally, losing to this game 
laugh.gif
)

you know i'm far from a hater...but there were clear shots of the upper bowl. It was empty. I'm sorry. Would you like screen shots? That can be arranged.
I was in the upper bowl for the 1st half 
laugh.gif
 I ain't saying it was a sellout or anything, but it sure wasn't your regular run-of-the-mill-dead-last-in-attendance-cuz-we-suck-crowd. 

And trust me, I've been in that arena when it was empty, and tonight it was far from that. Could it have been more filled? of course, around 3000 more seats could have been filled 
laugh.gif
 Would it have shocked me if there had only been 1000 there tonight? Not at all. Was I surprised at the turn out tonight? yes. 

Something to discuss for tomorrow...

What should the Timberwolves do with Kevin Love? They went 9-9 with him, and they currently sit at 16-16. I know that didn't leave him much room to get better during the season, but Nikola Pekovic has proven to be an absolute nuisance on the inside on both ends.

Love has made it clear he's unhappy with the direction of the franchise, but these injuries are starting to pile up, but his stock is still sky-high.

The talent you can get for a guy like him is limitless. Go hit up Utah, they have a surplus of bigs they can throw your way. They may not want another big, but in a three-way, they could get rid of that surplus, and the Wolves can get another piece they want. Go hit up Memphis, they seem to want to get rid of either Zach or Rudy.

Not ironing out the details too much, but if a Utah/Memphis/Minnesota deal were on the table, think of the names that could really help the Wolves... Hayward, Al Jefferson, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, etc.

I'm not sure what other pieces the Wolves would have to throw in, but I'd like to watch a Rubio/Hayward/AK47/Zach Randolph/Nikola Pekovic team, with Barea and Shved off the bench.

I'm not asking what you think of trading for Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, or Gordon Hayward.

What do you think the Wolves should do with Kevin Love?

Hell, ship him out for Pau Gasol and MWP. Then the Lakers are happy. :rofl:

Last edited:
Something to discuss for tomorrow...
Its def a tough situation to be in, because no matter what way you spin it there is nothing out there equal to the value of what Love COULD be.
If that makes any sense....He has just been hit with the injury bug and you cant really fully judge him seeing as he really just broke out as a player.

But it does seem like the Owner/GM has his love for Rubio and not for Love coincidentally. I saw what the TWolves sill be lacking if they do decide
to trade him is a go-to scorer. Someone that can create his own shot, especially in clutch situations....

Who out there is like that?? Gay??? Gasol??? Smith??
I dont no if they can get anyone of value for him

But if Rubio can get fully healthy and be able to make the other role players around him better by his playmaking abilities
and Pekovic can hold the paint down on both ends, they'll be a force if they can find that one playmaker.

Last edited:
Love's heart looks like it out of minny already. Better for them to shed him now to build a better cohesive unit for the future.

I would do:

Send all the rumored would be trade assets to LA. Lineup of Nash, Mamba, Gay, Love, Howard. Develop williams at natural pos. SF.

Minny gets a legit big to pair with rubio and pek. Plus a go to scorer with gordon. He would have to finally play better since this is a better situation than NOLA. Lineup of Rubio, Gordon, AK, Gasol, Pek.

Memphis gets an outside threat in Anderson and a promising player in Davis to be mentored by Zbo and Gasol. Lineup of Conley, Allen, Anderson, Zbo, Gasol.

NOLA get veterans in MWP, Roy, Luke, Duhon to mentor their young core and a promising defensive minded player in Dante. And they still get the all star game next year. Lucky pelicans. Lineup of Vasquez, Rivers, MWP, Dante, Lopez.

Great deal for everyone. :pimp:

Last edited:
^ Not sure if srs. NOLA and Minny will get shafted. The Hornets will be left with a young core of Austin Rivers and Greivis Vasquez. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I like how LAL goes from Pau Gasol to Kevin Love, and MWP to Rudy Gay... :rofl:

There is no redeeming value for any of those moves for New Orleans.. :lol:

They get rid of three of their most valuable players, if not their most valuable players, and don't get one damn dude worth a damn. :rofl:

Yo how bad has Austin Rivers been this season though :x

Easily one of the worst debut campaigns the league has seen ever smh |I

DEAD @ that deal for NOLA 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

trading 3 starters, one who might be better than James Harden, one who is one of the best 3 point shooters, and another who is the next KG with HOF/Oden-like potential....

..............................for Ron Artest, Mr. No Knees, Luke Ridnour, Edward 40 Hands, and the only other black guy in Minnesota 
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how LAL goes from Pau Gasol to Kevin Love, and MWP to Rudy Gay... :rofl:

There is no redeeming value for any of those moves for New Orleans.. :lol:

They get rid of three of their most valuable players, if not their most valuable players, and don't get one damn dude worth a damn. :rofl:

Im saying. That trade doesn't even make sense

Love's heart looks like it out of minny already. Better for them to shed him now to build a better cohesive unit for the future.

I would do:

Send all the rumored would be trade assets to LA. Lineup of Nash, Mamba, Gay, Love, Howard. Develop williams at natural pos. SF.

Minny gets a legit big to pair with rubio and pek. Plus a go to scorer with gordon. He would have to finally play better since this is a better situation than NOLA. Lineup of Rubio, Gordon, AK, Gasol, Pek.

Memphis gets an outside threat in Anderson and a promising player in Davis to be mentored by Zbo and Gasol. Lineup of Conley, Allen, Anderson, Zbo, Gasol.

NOLA get veterans in MWP, Roy, Luke, Duhon to mentor their young core and a promising defensive minded player in Dante. And they still get the all star game next year. Lucky pelicans. Lineup of Vasquez, Rivers, MWP, Dante, Lopez.

Great deal for everyone. :pimp:

Man you gave me a good laugh :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom