Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They havent even given themselves ample time to shop Rudy, theyre asking to be ripped off if the trade by Monday rumors are true

Last edited:
Memphis needs to just keep Rudy Gay and ride with the team they have. They can make a lot of noise in the playoffs, they're a matchup nightmare for certain teams. Pay the luxury tax and stop being cheap, they have to cherish the team they have now because you never know when this team will fall back to irrelevancy.

100%.

I think they're just gauging the market. Evaluate the team for a few more weeks and go from there.

I agree. In fact, nothing will happen with this Rudy Gay fiasco until the offseason.

Besides, I think Memphis is better served with him anyway at least for now. I think he's their best option at creating his own shot especially in the clutch. I don't trust anybody else on their squad to give the ball to in terms of needing a go to bucket.

I agree. In fact, nothing will happen with this Rudy Gay fiasco until the offseason.

Besides, I think Memphis is better served with him anyway at least for now. I think he's their best option at creating his own shot especially in the clutch. I don't trust anybody else on their squad to give the ball to in terms of needing a go to bucket.

What exactly has made it a 'fiasco'?

There have just been trade rumors, it's not even like he requested a trade or they came out and said he was available.

They don't want to pay the luxury tax (about $4M above the line).

I don't think there would be much of a dropoff if they could get the right SF.

What Memphis is doing is trying to raise Rudy's value.

THink about it...the first rumor to come out with Dudley and a pick. Now, you're hearing names like Gallo, Bledsoe, Tyreke, Barnes and Klay, Beal + assets from Washington more than likely, etc. Hell, even they mentioned Kevin Love or Pek. The Grizzlies are not moving Rudy Gay unless they are for sure winning the deal. That's what I've learned. So, Memphis is pretty much in a win/win situation. They can keep Rudy til the offseason and trade him to a desperate team by ripping them off or some team will be dumb enough to give us more before the deadline.

Memphis is in no rush to moving Rudy. So, people who think we are just moving him in a Pau Gasol like deal are wrong. From what I was told, the Grizzlies are going to win whatever deal they make. Why do you think these articles are coming out about Minnesota declining and Memphis wanting more assets from Warriors, but not taking back Jefferson's contract? Now, the Wizards are offering a package that will be hard to turn down. At first, I thought it was stupid because rumor got out that the front office just wanted to get out of the tax. Now, I think its very smart. The front office know they don't have to move Rudy now, but they are trying to raise his value by showing other teams they're not moving him for just anything.

And Antidope, that was not a good comeback :lol: .

Also, Pera did say he doesn't mind paying the tax. The small tax hit the team will receive this season is worth the even slightest chance of contending. They will make it up in revenue. Now, if they decide to pay the tax next season, then it wouldn't make much sense. The fact that some people think there wouldn't be much of a drop off if the team moved Rudy for a player like Dudley is silly. Rudy isn't $17M good, but he's still a top 30 player in the league. The only thing Dudley does well than Rudy is shoot the ball and he's been inconsistent at that this season. Its just not worth messing up team chemistry midseason.

How would you feel if the Lakers were at the top of the West, things going well and they just traded Pau for a lesser player? Sure, Pau may have been on the block, but what's the point? Why not just wait til the offseason?

But, I'll bet anything if the Grizzlies make a deal for Rudy, its going to be a clear cut win for them. Either they get back the better overall player in the deal, or they get a player that can end up being better than Rudy + other assets that can help the team now.

Last edited:
Suns, Warriors, Kings, Celtics, Raptors, Clippers and Wizards all interested in trading for Rudy Gay

Also, Detroit, Nuggets, Twolves and Cavs. Trust me, those teams are still interested.

:lol: antidope. Yea, don't DBD me lol

Last edited:
The last three possessions of that Clips-Magic game couldn't have gone any worse for the Clippers. Ouch.

Edit: should say, offense-defense-offense

Last edited:
Pau's stock dropped hard. He no longer is a man for man trade. They'll need 2-3 other players to get anyone worth it.

Lakers have dug themselves a huge hole that only can be filled with Kobe retiring

So apparently the Wizards made a "good" offer to the Grizzlies for Rudy Gay.

I absolutely don't want this deal to happen. For one, how stupid would this team look for passing up Harden just to bring in an overpaid wing who really won't help? Also, I wouldn't trust John Hollinger. He's going to try his best to fleece Ernie Grunfeld. It's no secret Hollinger thinks Grunfeld is a fool, so we'd probably be getting a lemon while giving up Bradley Beal, a future 1st round pick in 2013 or 14, and filler. :smh:

I'm preparing myself for the worst. I know it's coming....

Last edited:

I absolutely don't want this deal to happen. For one, how stupid would this team look for passing up Harden just to bring in an overpaid wing who really won't help? Also, I wouldn't trust John Hollinger. He's going to try his best to fleece Ernie Grunfeld. It's no secret Hollinger thinks Grunfeld is a fool, so we'd probably be getting a lemon while giving up Bradley Beal, a future 1st round pick in 2013 or 14, and filler. :smh:

Yep lol. I was thinking it would be Beal, 1st (either '13 or '14 top 1-2 protected), Ariza, filler or something similar.

*birdman handrub* raise that value John!

Since the Clippers are 3-3 after their 17 game win streak, I guess they aren't contenders now? Yea, that was to you P :tongue:

Last edited:
Easily one of the best dunks of the year wow :pimp: :pimp:

On another note, I love the way Jacque Vaughn coaches man. He'll be around for awhile. Even with the Magic team he has now, they are consistently competitive.

QFT. Their flex offense is a thing of beauty. Constant motion and ball movement, no standing around watching someone iso one on one. Makes sense since he's from the Popovich coaching tree.

Yep lol. I was thinking it would be Beal, 1st (either '13 or '14 top 1-2 protected), Ariza, filler or something similar.

*birdman handrub* raise that value John!

Since the Clippers are 3-3 after their 17 game win streak, I guess they aren't contenders now? Yea, that was to you P :tongue:
The Clipper still have a top five defense and offense unlike the Grizzlies. Nice try though.

Edit:

I should point out if a team isn't top ten in Off Rtg and Def Rtg, they usually are not contending for a championship.

Last edited:
OKC is sixth. I'll forgive Miami for still adjusting to their position-less basketball and coasting. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom