Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that the Raptors offered Ed Davis and Calderon for Rudy Gay. What exactly is the market? Seems like the Wizards are bidding against themselves and the Grizzlies are playing games. Memphis (if they deal w/ DC) will probably fleece Grunfeld in one way or another. I swear, if they give up Beal or a unprotected 1st in either 13 or 14, I'll be pissed beyond belief.

I would think his value is similar to Iggy's, only with a larger contract. Maybe slightly less to make up the contract difference.

I read that the Raptors offered Ed Davis and Calderon for Rudy Gay. What exactly is the market? Seems like the Wizards are bidding against themselves and the Grizzlies are playing games. Memphis (if they deal w/ DC) will probably fleece Grunfeld in one way or another. I swear, if they give up Beal or a unprotected 1st in either 13 or 14, I'll be pissed beyond belief.
Any of the following will do from my perspective:

A SF that can shoot threes on a reasonable deal ($10M >)
A veteran backup PG that can run a second unit
Young prospects in general
Draft picks

im pretty sure memphis is trying to see what the market is for him and none of the rumored offers help memphis one bit.

Dudley and a 1st round pick for Rudy gay? EH

The warriors wont give up any of there young players for him and any trade with golden state Memphis would still be paying the tax

Ed davis and calderon dont help memphis at all and would just be cutting $$

Im pretty sure memphis is going to learn rudy gay vaule is not that high and if they want to cut tax dollars and get good players back it wont happen.
Since the article mentions them not moving Beal (or that's what it seems like), it would probably be an unprotected 1st rounder, Ariza and two of their other young players (Serpahin, SIngleton, Vesley, Crawford, etc.).
if thats the package the wizards offer up do you do it DJ? i think it comes down to if your ok with add Gay and his contract to be a 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs the next few years. that 1st round pick unprotected doent mean much if its a middle of the round pick

was just looking at the present standings.. the thunder (8) and clippers (9) are the only teams with under 10 losses for the season so far.. and obviously the season hasnt even reached the halfway point as yet..

is there a chance in hell that any team could possible ever touch the 95-96 bulls' 72-10 all-time best single season record?

Last edited:
I don't make that move if I'm the Wizards. I feel like it's one of those moves that will appease most of the average fans who lack knowledge though.

That's always the part that gets me laughing, when fans come up with trades and think they're doing the other team a favor :lol:

I forgot to ask this last week with the whole "Bron might be coming back to Cleveland" with the sources and ****...but you think OOC comes back if that happens? :lol:

1 of the better matchups for him in theleague, and he honestly had no chance whenever there wasn't help behind him which was something the Blazers did well keeping the 4 other guys with a footin the paint. The Blazers announcers are unintentionally funny too. Their "keys to the game" was to limit Durant and Westbrook combined to 40. Durant had 33 :lol: I mean they're right that'd be nice, just not sure it's doable.

Clippers and Grizzlies tonight. :pimp:

No Rudy Gay (grandmother's funeral), but should still be a fun game.

Clippers and Grizzlies tonight. :pimp:

No Rudy Gay (grandmother's funeral), but should still be a fun game.

CP3 may be out too. He has a bruised knee cap - suffered in the horrid Orlando loss on Saturday - and is a game time decision. I think we'll miss CP more than the Grizzlies will miss Rudy. Tough game either way.

YUP no Pt God either tonight. Time for my nephew Ebled to cook up! :nthat:

Hopefully Grant can get some quality burn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom