Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we really about to do this again with the pacers?

Yes sir. And the difference between last year and this year, is that Paul George is developing into a go to scorer for them when they need him to be. They are smothering on the defensive end. And when Granger gets back they'll be even better.

Defense isn't the problem, it's their hilariously awful offense. They're 2nd to last in offensive rating, even worse than the Bobcats.

Teams have been contenders with elite defense and average offense, but offense that bad is another story. Great defensive teams will be a tough opponent during the regular season, but come playoffs, they just won't score enough. Unless Roy Hibbert has another contract year between now and the playoffs or Paul George makes some monumental leap, I don't believe they're contenders.

Last edited:
They had no true superstar on that team in the past 20 years one team has won a chip w/o a superstar and that was the Pistons who were one of the best defensive teams in memory... Had 4-5 all star caliber players on the squad & 2-3 guys who can close out games in (Chauncey, Rip, sheed)

The Pistons didn't have a superstar per say, but Ben Wallace was absolutely dominate during their run.

Antidope shouldn't even be commenting on Wall because he probably seen him play 4 times in his entire life. I've seen every single game Wall has played in his career (If I'm not home I DVR Wizards game or watch them on the league pass archives) Wall is so sucky that his 16 ppg 8 apg 4 rpg average for his first two seasons are only matched by a handful of players ever. Very good company to be in. Wall will be an all-star next season and take a big leap forward like Westbrook and Drose did. The fact that he averaged over 8 apg for two seasons on the team with a bottom fg percentage is amazing. Had Wall been on a good shooting team he would have averaged around 10 apg. John Wall has great vision, finishes around the basket at an elite level, and is already a really good defender. The only thing he has to improve is his jumper, even if he doesn't he could be like a young Jason Kidd. His job is to pass not to score 30 ppg like Irving (who is more of a combo guard than a pure pg).

16/4/8 within their first 2 seasons:
Oscar Robertson
Kevin Johnson
Chris Paul
Damon Stoudemire
Magic Johnson
Tim Hardaway
Mark Jackson
Norm van Lier
Kenny Anderson
Jason Kidd
John Wall

http://www.basketball-reference.com...tat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Why is Kyrie Irving not getting bashed for not improving in his 2nd year like Wall got bashed last year? Irving rates as one of the worst defenders in the NBA at the PG position. His team is a door mat, his assist to turnover ratio is a joke, he leads the nba in turnovers, and he is basically the same player his was last year just shooting more and playing more minutes. He doesn't make the game easier for his teammates by setting them up for easy buckets. Irving iso's more than any pg in the NBA and often his teammates don't even touch the ball during a possession. I'm not saying Irving isn't a good player because he is but he shouldn't be given a pass either.

Irving
Rookie Season
30.5 mpg
18.5 ppg
5.4 apg
3.7 rpg
1.1 spg
0.4 bpg
3.1 tpg
46.9 fg %
39.9 3p %
87.2 ft %
21.49 PER
Team Record
Horrible

Irving
2nd season
23.0 ppg
5.6 apg
3.6 rpg
1.7 spg
0.4 bpg
3.7 tpg (2nd in the NBA)
45.9 fg %
41.0 3p %
82.8 ft %
21.52 PER
Team Record
Horrible

Last edited:

KofVA back :pimp: Good to see you post again, bro. It's been awhile.

The hell is this?

NEW YORK -- In the wake of an incident between Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Garnett that resulted in Anthony's suspension, the Knicks recorded all in-game conversations between the forward and players around him Friday against the Bulls, a league source has confirmed.

Dolan spying??

#Knickstape

KofVA back :pimp: Good to see you post again, bro. It's been awhile.

The hell is this?

NEW YORK -- In the wake of an incident between Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Garnett that resulted in Anthony's suspension, the Knicks recorded all in-game conversations between the forward and players around him Friday against the Bulls, a league source has confirmed.

Dolan spying??

#Knickstape

id love to hear that tape...cuz they got blasted AGAIN :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
That's the lamest thing I've heard all day. Is Melo really that sensitive that he needs his boss to protect him like that?

They had no true superstar on that team in the past 20 years one team has won a chip w/o a superstar and that was the Pistons who were one of the best defensive teams in memory... Had 4-5 all star caliber players on the squad & 2-3 guys who can close out games in (Chauncey, Rip, sheed)
Defense isn't the problem, it's their hilariously awful offense. They're 2nd to last in offensive rating, even worse than the Bobcats.

Teams have been contenders with elite defense and average offense, but offense that bad is another story. Great defensive teams will be a tough opponent during the regular season, but come playoffs, they just won't score enough. Unless Roy Hibbert has another contract year between now and the playoffs or Paul George makes some monumental leap, I don't believe they're contenders.
all of this

regardless, I can see them beating any team outside of Miami in a 7 game series. The Knicks would probably split, but the Heat are their biggest threat in the East. So contender or not, they will hopefully be there towards the end

but I'm def not going to count them as the favorite to win anything yet.

Hibbert needs to get wit Hakeem in the offseason

Why else would Dolan or the Knicks do this? This is unprecedented and VERY odd.

saying melo NEEDS dolan to protect him is the argument here. melo didn't ask for this, dolan did it on his own like all of the other shenanigans he caused the knicks. youre right it is very odd and unprecedented aka "the knicks management"

saying melo NEEDS dolan to protect him is the argument here. melo didn't ask for this, dolan did it on his own like all of the other shenanigans he caused the knicks. youre right it is very odd and unprecedented aka "the knicks management"
We don't know if he asked for it not. Conventional thinking says that there has to be a reason why Dolan was moved to do this. Unless he personally was sitting courtside and can hear everything being said to Melo...then somehow a message was relayed to him that the trash talking has been OD.

This ain't come from just the Honey Nut Cheerios incident. Clearly SOMEBODY put the bug in Dolan's ear that this has been an ongoing "issue". 

wait, but why would the record them? for what? who are they going to play the tapes for? then wat do they hope the outcome is gonna be? dudes really tattling like this?

so melo was mic'd up like an informant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom