Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is one thing KD can improve on, dude mentioned it in the previous page. His impact on the game, especially in the last 5 minutes to me. Sometimes he just floats out there and there are moments where it appears that he can be checked.

For instance, just last night he had to push Cory Joseph out of the way just to get a shot off. Cory Joseph. Stephen Jackson got all up in him and was forcing him to throw up some less than stellar shots at the rim and pushed him so far back that he got a backcourt violation. He's great so it doesn't happen often, but when it does it's always shocking to me because of how good he is.

His impact on the game is where I think he can make the most improvement. Sometimes it feels like he's just out there. Maybe that's who he is though? People say he's still primarily a scorer, but what if that's who he is? Statistically, I would be very surprised if he got better than this. 28 a game on 50/40/90? I think the things that he could improve on can't necessarily be measured..

this season he's already averaging 28/5/8 on 50% shooting, similar to his averages last year.

how much of an improvement could he possibly make to make him "scarier" than he is now? he's already a dangerous scorer and a decent defender/rebounder

and you guys are mentioning bulking up. is it fathomable that that would be detrimental to other parts of his game? explosiveness and speed?

and i don't get why a post up game = prime years. it was said about lebron too.
All really valid points. Tbh numbers wise at 28/5/8 on 50% he probably won't get that much better, dude has already been to the finals, multiple 50 win seasons, Scoring titles etc this could be as good as he'll get. Probably with some minor improvements. He's only 24 though so we'll have to see.

Shoeking is right. KD would do best as the 2nd guy off the bench. Why would you want a guy who is putting up MVP numbers and is the 2nd best player in the league as your number one option? Recipe for disaster.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If there is one thing KD can improve on, dude mentioned it in the previous page. His impact on the game, especially in the last 5 minutes to me. Sometimes he just floats out there and there are moments where it appears that he can be checked.

For instance, just last night he had to push Cory Joseph out of the way just to get a shot off. Cory Joseph. Stephen Jackson got all up in him and was forcing him to throw up some less than stellar shots at the rim and pushed him so far back that he got a backcourt violation. He's great so it doesn't happen often, but when it does it's always shocking to me because of how good he is.

His impact on the game is where I think he can make the most improvement. Sometimes it feels like he's just out there. Maybe that's who he is though? People say he's still primarily a scorer, but what if that's who he is? Statistically, I would be very surprised if he got better than this. 28 a game on 50/40/90? I think the things that he could improve on can't necessarily be measured..

that i can agree with. he needs his "lebron boston game 6" moment.

edit. great point grandtheftbike. never really thought about that.

some other great points being made. duly noted.

Yup. I think maybe it's in his character to not really demand the ball or w/e. But I think he has to understand that he has to be assertive, he has to go get his, and he will have to really put the team on HIS back whether or not Russ likes it. He has to be in the driver's seat.

Come on man, all I said was that him as a first option, I didn't think he would win a championship. That's all. No one said anything about him on the bench. That **** wasn't even funny. Doing OD and extra'd out stuff for laughs.
eyes.gif
Name the players you think can win a title as a first option?

First off, that's not to say that I don't think Durant isn't a viable first option. Like I said, there are several times where I feel like Westbrook is a more viable option down the stretch than Durant. Durant as a number one option i'm not too hot on. Westbrook + Durant with Westbrook being the guy down the stretch of games against the elite? That I can get jiggy with.

As of right now? CP3, Kobe, A healthy Dwight, Tony Parker, TD, a few others, they are all great first options. But really Lebron. And really, that's all that matters because only one team can win the championship. Year in and Year out Lebron is who I would pick as far as winning a title as a first option.

i never understood why the prime age has to be from 26-30? is it not conceivable that KD is already in his "prime" and we wont see much improvement? (when i say prime i don't mean that he's going to fall off anytime soon either). i mean, he's already GOOD, what more can he realistically add to his game?

passing?

defense?

Last edited:
this season he's already averaging 28/5/8 on 50% shooting, similar to his averages last year.

how much of an improvement could he possibly make to make him "scarier" than he is now? he's already a dangerous scorer and a decent defender/rebounder

and you guys are mentioning bulking up. is it fathomable that that would be detrimental to other parts of his game? explosiveness and speed?

and i don't get why a post up game = prime years. it was said about lebron too.
Because kobe and Jordan learn post moves later in their career to be come gods of their generation. This is why people talk so much about post game. It difference yourself from elite player to that dude

First off, that's not to say that I don't think Durant isn't a viable first option. Like I said, there are several times where I feel like Westbrook is a more viable option down the stretch than Durant. Durant as a number one option i'm not too hot on. Westbrook + Durant with Westbrook being the guy down the stretch of games against the elite? That I can get jiggy with.

As of right now? CP3, Kobe, A healthy Dwight, Tony Parker, TD, a few others, they are all great first options. But really Lebron. And really, that's all that matters because only one team can win the championship. Year in and Year out Lebron is who I would pick as far as winning a title as a first option.

:rofl:

Ok.

You would take CP3 over KD as the first option to win a title? Debatable.

Kobe? ....I at least understand.

DWIGHT?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And Parker? :stoneface:

That you would list TP AND TD together, is stupid enough, but you would take Tony over Kevin Durant? On any playoff team?
Cuz are we supposed to act like Tony, Pop, Duncan and Manu aren't a package deal?

Last edited:
Jesus, dude I really gave you a chance to redeem yourself. You blew it.

Shaq's personality and desire to be a star outside of basketball were the reasons... Not the same as KD.

They aint bringing no superstar to Okc neither would they wanna play over there...More likely Bron gets another 2 more chips you dont think the frustrations will linger even more on KD not winning one in OKC i say he skates town

Imo KD not winning a title as a first option isn't that far fetched. Could see it happening because he's a great talent, but it isn't far fetched by any means. Against elite teams down the stretch his quality of shots aren't as good and he's constantly getting pushed far out beyond his initial position. I notice that and im a KD fan. That alone suggest he might not have the disposition of a healthy dirk, Kobe, Lebron, Shaq in his day etc to win a title as a first option. I can't think of any #1 guys on championship teams who allow that to happen to them. They all get easier shots than Durant. Durant has struggled with that since he's been in the L. He's young though.

As far as russell goes is he a better player or option than Durant ? Probably not. But Durant night in night out gets the best defender. For the reasons stated above, Russell may be a better option down the stretch. His ability coupled with the best defender being on Durant suggest that he'd probably get a higher percentage shot. No one really stops Russel from getting a quality look other than his decision making at times. A ring with KD as your first option ? That can happen but down the stretch and the last 5 minutes who could get a more quality look for themselves or others against a Miami or San Antonio is debatable at least.

Last edited:
Personally i think Durant staying in OKC only last for as long as Westbrook staying there and i believe Russy is going to leave after this contract so...... but its just my OPINION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom