Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget how nice Bogut was in Milwaukee. His recent (freak) injury history has dropped him out of the discussion when it comes to the best C's in the game.
Yeah. I remember him always destroying the Knicks. Dude was top 2 or 3 before he got doublejointed. :smh:

I would give Bogut legit top 10 center status now he's healthy and playing well:

Marc Gasol
Dwight Howard
Brook Lopez
Tyson Chandler
Joakim Noah

Tim Duncan
Demarcus Cousins
Roy Hibbert
Andrew Bogut
Larry Sanders

Does anyone in the Bay Area know who David Lee is? Carl Landry has been playing out of his mind. One of the best parts of the playoffs so far for me.
Carl Landry was a HUGE fan favorite in Houston. Hated to see him get traded, but glad he's doing work this year.

This is what happens when all your big men can't be counted on to make a single post move and score.

This is what happens when people really believe that Wilson Chandler is a viable replacement for Gallo.

This is what happens when you loose a 6'10 dude, who can run the pick and roll, shoot threes, and post up.

Danilo shot better with his back to the basket then all of the never nugget big men, and he is a underrated solid defender, If you had Danilo Carl Landry and Harrison Barnes wouldn't be so much of a problem.

Last edited:
Denver had the right idea, just horrible execution. If you're going to trap Curry, really trap him hard. Force the pass out of the trap towards the timeline instead of towards the basket.

When you blitz or trap a player, technically you're out of position anyway. Your defense is off balance. So to trap curry effectively, everyone on Denver has to be in sync and rotations have to be at a premium. GSW up 3-1 will probably win this series, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver come all the way back and win this either. GSW is just shooting extremely well out of the traps and Curry is going stupid.

And the fact that stuff like people revealing that they're gay is big news is so stupid. The fact that people actually care about someone else's sexual orientation is beyond baffling. I swear to god I don't get it one bit. *Shrugs*

I would give Bogut legit top 10 center status now he's healthy and playing well:

Marc Gasol
Dwight Howard
Brook Lopez
Tyson Chandler
Joakim Noah

Tim Duncan
Demarcus Cousins
Roy Hibbert
Andrew Bogut
Larry Sanders
Tim Duncan is a PF. Thats his true position.

Marc Gasol
Dwight Howard
Brook Lopez
Tyson Chandler
Joakim Noah

Tim Duncan
Demarcus Cousins
Roy Hibbert
Andrew Bogut
Larry Sanders

Noah is a top-3 center in the league. No question.

Yeah, Noah was better than Tyson this year. And with his playmaking, I think he was better than Dwight too. #2 after Gasol to me.

I guess #3 if you count Duncan as a 5.

Last edited:
So take out Duncan and Cousins, insert Ibaka and... Pek?
Technically Ibaka is the PF and Perkins is the C in OKC. At least according to the lineups they show on TV.
I think he meant Pekovic, not Perkins. We all know Perkins is bottom five.
laugh.gif

What do you guys think will happen to the Milwaukee Bucks franchise? (it's for sale currently, and they're losing 3 of their best players apparently.)

Move it? Seattle?

Remain in Milwaukee?

Last edited:
What do you guys think will happen to the Milwaukee Bucks franchise? (it's for sale currently, and they're losing 3 of their best players apparently.)

Move it? Seattle?

Remain in Milwaukee?

This isn't likely, but I remember when it was talked about the Kings being moved to VA Beach/757 area. I'd really like to see the bucks move down there. It's one of the largest metro areas that doesn't have a professional sports team, or even decent college teams. I feel like the market is there, dunno why a team hasn't been put there yet.

(And for those who aren't familiar with East coast geography, Washington DC isn't close to VA Beach, Philly and NJ are actually closer to DC)

I think he meant Pekovic, not Perkins. We all know Perkins is bottom five. :lol:

Nah, but they were counting Ibaka as a center, that's why I said that.

Last edited:
Ibaka can play center all he wants, that doesn't make him a center to me. That's why they took the position off of allstar.

I think if anyone about as big or bigger than you can play at the same time as you, and they're the one guarding the rim, you're not exactly a center.

This isn't likely, but I remember when it was talked about the Kings being moved to VA Beach/757 area. I'd really like to see the bucks move down there. It's one of the largest metro areas that doesn't have a professional sports team, or even decent college teams. I feel like the market is there, dunno why a team hasn't been put there yet.

(And for those who aren't familiar with East coast geography, Washington DC isn't close to VA Beach, Philly and NJ are actually closer to DC).

Columbus Ohio has been trying to get an NBA franchise for years, and their metropolitan area is larger than VA Beach is - so you guys would have a difficult time to compete for an NBA team based off of market size.

(And for those who aren't familiar with East coast geography, Washington DC isn't close to VA Beach, Philly and NJ are actually closer to DC)
If the Seattle group gets denied the Hansen/Ballmer group will definitely be looking to pillage the Bucks from Milwaukee. I believe they're already looking at them as a 2nd option.

Columbus Ohio has been trying to get an NBA franchise for years, and their metropolitan area is larger than VA Beach is - so you guys would have a difficult time to compete for an NBA team based off of market size.

I mean, I don't live there :lol: I was just saying. I hear you about Columbus but Ohio's economy is crap, so I doubt from a disposable income standpoint it'd be a good move.

I'm no economist tho, just expressing my opinion :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom