Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DL71MaJVoAIouFD.jpg

Who's that copy and paste from originally?

Animal Thug. People were making fun of Cleveland and he was going on and on about cash in shoeboxes and all kinds of ****.

Plus, we have 3 sports teams to root for no matter what - a luxury this city has that some don't (LA, SF, Seattle, etc).

I'm assuming this was before LA got the Rams and Chargers?? :lol:

even then we got Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Kings and Ska's Sparks. Galaxy if you like the MLS.

I feel like everyone who was trashing this contract 48 hours ago can take a look at the game last night and at least 100% understand Philly's logic. As Zack Lowe said earlier this week, Joel Embiid's ceiling is Best Player in the NBA. There are very few players you can say that about.
I don't think anybody denied his talent. He just can't stay on the court. If that contract is filled with if's then it ain't bad for Philly cuz big men with knee and feet problems don't get more healthy as they get older.

Animal Thug. People were making fun of Cleveland and he was going on and on about cash in shoeboxes and all kinds of ****.

:lol: the stuff he's saying there is just absurd.

Yeah let me move to Cleveland over L.A. or Seattle because they have an extra sports team

I don't think anybody denied his talent. He just can't stay on the court. If that contract is filled with if's then it ain't bad for Philly cuz big men with knee and feet problems don't get more healthy as they get older.

I feel you. History of big men with foot problems is really bad. With that said, I feel people speaking on Embiid this offseason forgot the sheer level of talent they're talking about here.

Kawhi Leonard checks off more boxes than any other candidate. He is in the prime of his career, is ridiculously productive, and isn't splitting the vote. Yes, he's nursing a quad injury, but it's not as if LeBron and Russ have been healthy this preseason either. It's Kawhi's time.

I feel like everyone who was trashing this contract 48 hours ago can take a look at the game last night and at least 100% understand Philly's logic. As Zack Lowe said earlier this week, Joel Embiid's ceiling is Best Player in the NBA. There are very few players you can say that about.
He had only played 31 games in 3 years, and every single one of those 31 he was on a minutes restriction. So not even 31 real, full games.

A guy like that getting signed to a 9 figure contract is going to cause reactions :lol:

But then more details come out & it makes sense. Philly protected themselves well.

I think Kawhi is a good bet for MVP.

Color me skeptical but I don't think Kyrie is close to good enough to be an MVP. Then again, if Derrick Rose did it... I could see him winning defacto if the Celtics put on a great regular season and finish as a surprise #1 even though he's clearly not the best player. Then Boston gets waxed by LeBron in the playoffs.

Basically the media hype machine Chicago Bulls all over again. All the ingredients are there.

I think Kawhi is a good bet for MVP.

Color me skeptical but I don't think Kyrie is close to good enough to be an MVP. Then again, if Derrick Rose did it... I could see him winning defacto if the Celtics put on a great regular season and finish as a surprise #1 even though he's clearly not the best player. Then Boston gets waxed by LeBron in the playoffs.

Basically the media hype machine Chicago Bulls all over again. All the ingredients are there.

The Rose slander never ends. The Bulls won 21 more games than the prior season. Was he the best player in the league? No but he put up great numbers on a winning team.

I do not think Boston gets waxed by Cavs though. Injury barred....I think it could be a great series.

The Rose slander never ends. The Bulls won 21 more games than the prior season. Was he the best player in the league? No but he put up great numbers on a winning team.

What did I slander? I said exactly what you said. He won because they had the best regular season record even though he wasn't the best player and they weren't the best team.

If anything it's more Thibs slander for putting everything into winning the Regular Season Championship every year and getting washed in the playoffs by a team that just outclassed them (and knew how to rest their players)

edit: let me be clear none of it is slander because it's all true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom