Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean look at this tho:

We can even go back further a few years to both of those finals against the Spurs.

Danny Green was getting finals MVP talk in that first one, Wade was completely losing track of him so often.

Then in the rematch next year he was still terrible. Looked extremely old.

The Warriors play EXACTLY like that and they have much better players.

I'm surprised you're being so myopic about this.

He shot well over 50% on 3s in that playoff run. Obvious fluke and the volume was low but he made them when he took them, which sometimes happened to be very late in the games. They lose G6 in Charlotte if he has his normal night from 3.

His usage was over 30% so he was able to work himself into a rhythm which contributed to his fluky long range shooting. He's said it verbatim out of his mouth that he's a rhythm player. He needs that.

There will be no opportunity for that kinda rhythm in Cleveland because he'll be 4th in the pecking order at best now, mins and usage will be substantially lower than his rookie year.

The introspection on his value doesn't go on to include small samples, nobody's guarding him from outside the arc regardless of him making a few 3's which was/is a big part of the evaluation of Wade. Steelo that's nitpicking right there. He had more games other than that GM 6 and certainly was a valuable player. Player with no value can be easily replaced, there's no other truth

Crock rondo never shot at lsu i believe in large part due to the coaching

I don't necessarily blame the strategy

It's almost as if they deterred him from developing his shot and discouraged him from evolving in order to try to get easier shots around the rim

Some believe that makes him a non shooter, I think he could for sure improve and that he hasn't proven whether or not he can shoot

His form is actually pretty sound

Maybe the Cavs believe in the success they found with Isoing a couple years ago. Because I don't see any other reasons why you would load up on so many high usage players.

Crock rondo never shot at lsu i believe in large part due to the coaching

I don't necessarily blame the strategy

It's almost as if they deterred him from developing his shot and discouraged him from evolving in order to try to get easier shots around the rim

Some believe that makes him a non shooter, I think he could for sure improve and that he hasn't proven whether or not he can shoot

His form is actually pretty sound

His form is solid and he's clearly ambidextrous but judging by the way he finishes in the paint, he probably should be shooting with his right hand.

IMG_0140.JPG

Simmons has attempted 265 non-jumpers so far this year. Despite being a left-handed shooter, only 10 of his non-jumpers were released with his left hand, 39 were with both hands, and 216 were with his right hand.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-ba...n-simmons-nba-draft-scouting-report-jump-shot

Wade might not be an upgrade over smith but that's not relevant

He at least provides depth. People keep harping on golden state, it's the easy thing to say of course I agree, you want to beat the best. Nobody is going to beat them unless there's injury so that point becomes moot

Now if there are injuries, you want depth against gsw. That might give you a chance

Yeah he may want to look into switching hands

Either way I have faith in him overcoming his perimeter challenges. He's way too smart in my opinion to not figure things out and be very effective

wade gon look like tim duncan in his final playoffs come playoff time

cant sell dope forever

not even if lord lebby shares his roids

D Wade is better than Shump and Rose in general as a combo guard, but he's well past his prime. He's inconsistent where he can look great at times for one game, and then the next game he would look old and washed.

Still an upgrade, but Cavs gonna have to rest D Wade at least several times during the season for him to even survive the playoffs lol

One thing I will give D Wade though is that he does give it his all in the postseason, but he's brittle now.

If the playoffs were anything like last year, I'd say he only needs to worry about the finals since he will be getting plenty of rest during the playoffs.

The introspection on his value doesn't go on to include small samples, nobody's guarding him from outside the arc regardless of him making a few 3's which was/is a big part of the evaluation of Wade. Steelo that's nitpicking right there. He had more games other than that GM 6 and certainly was a valuable player. Player with no value can be easily replaced, there's no other truth
Wasn't nitpicking when you bring up them being 1 game away from the ECF and Wade's 3 point shooting is what saved them from getting beat in the first round.

Regardless, the overarching point there was that he's been a high usage guy from day 1 and is now going to be a 4th option. And he doesn't get to the line so he relies exclusively on 2 pointers now... that he doesn't even shoot particularly well on. That is a bad mix. Outside of the rim, he took most of his shots from 16-20 feet, shot 37%.... which has been consistent over his career.... and he doesn't play defense.

As a starter playing "significant minutes on a contending team" per the reports, it's a terrible fit. Backup point 15 mins a night, zero time w/ a ball dominant star is most optimal for him on a contender.

But I'll drop it. We've been going around in circles on this for a minute. We'll revisit it when the games are on.

All the Cavs need now is to lure Stoudemire to them for about $74 and they can become the big three they were going to be in 2010 down in South Beach before Chris Bosh took Stoudemire's spot and Stoudemire took Dolan's money.

Just joking btw, not serious at all.

Pages of arguing with NH... Not going to read.

Love the analytics behind valuable players but I watched that same no 3 or D guard carry the Heat to 2 7 game series a year ago, saying he has no value is simplistic
But this is all about beating the Warriors. Wade does not help that cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom