• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to keep it 100 and don't kill me for it but asians can be as racist to black people as whites. Never personally seen Asian community stand up when another race is being treated unfairly. It is my opinion the Asian community tries to assimilate more than any other group to white culture in America. Same ish goes on and is widely accepted in Asian countries where they still do black face and remove black actors from movie promotions. In America it's my opinion a lot of Asian women prefer to date strictly Asian or white men because that's the only thing culturally accepted. Crazy part is Asians and Africans have more in common culturally.

all of this is true.

JJ really expects people to believe he accidentally used a slur specific to the people the video was made for?

BBnDIlm.jpg

i believe we'd call that a Freudian Slip.

That word is allegedly 'not in your vocabulary'..except...it clearly is..:rofl:

Never personally seen Asian community stand up when another race is being treated unfairly. .

I'm not going to blast you for saying something honest, but quite frankly you need to look around more then. Asian community has been hugely outspoken against racism in the Trump era. The idea that Asians are conservatives who want to "assimilate" and "be white" and don't understand racial politics in America is an outdated 1980s era stereotype...

FYI poll tracking showed that circa 79% of the Asian vote went for Clinton, and a huge part of that consideration was Trump's racism against latinos and other immigrants.

I'm not going to blast you for saying something honest, but quite frankly you need to look around more then. Asian community has been hugely outspoken against racism in the Trump era. The idea that Asians are conservatives who want to "assimilate" and "be white" and don't understand racial politics in America is an outdated 1980s era stereotype...

Guess you missed all the racial tension that went on between Asians and Blacks during the 90's. Not saying all but it is some Asians that buy into white supremacy.

FYI poll tracking showed that circa 79% of the Asian vote went for Clinton, and a huge part of that consideration was Trump's racism against latinos and other immigrants.
Now you're adding on to my original statement to make your argument. Never once did I say anything about being conservative, Trump, or somehow voting democrat means you're tolerant of other races. Anyway I'm not trying to turn this thread into a discussion on race so I'll just say I respect your opinion even though I disagree.

The bigger issue here is that clip was supposed to promote NBA in China. If it offended the folks in China, they will boycott the NBA. Racism is based on images and experiences. They will think Americans in general are racist. It also won't help their perception of black people if they are only exposed to less flattering images than say Michael Jordan and Steph Curry.

Guess you missed all the racial tension that went on between Asians and Blacks during the 90's. Not saying all but it is some Asians that buy into white supremacy.
Nah I didn't miss anything. It is 2017 and the events of those riots already have created an outsize stereotype that is unearned. Also what I was responding to is this dude saying "I have never seen an Asian person stand up for a person of another race". Not that no Asian people are racist which would obviously be untrue.

The bigger issue here is that clip was supposed to promote NBA in China. If it offended the folks in China, they will boycott the NBA. Racism is based on images and experiences. They will think Americans in general are racist. It also won't help their perception of black people if they are only exposed to less flattering images than say Michael Jordan and Steph Curry.
I haven't been exposed to many eskimos but I don't think they all live in igloos, are drunks, and uneducated people have to do better. Racism has zero to with experience and images! It's all rooted in hate, ignorance, and lack of compassion and understanding of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom