• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when did coming off the ball require you to be a shooter when you are 6-10 with speed and elite at getting into the paint.
Ben can come off the ball every play and Phila would cook.
You don't need to double team him when he's creating space on his own or off of a screen? Because he can't shoot? I'll take Ben off ball 50% of the time over (let's see, 30 teams each with 15 spots that 450 players and no more than 14-15 would I take over Ben off ball)96.9% of the League.

a-friend a-friend got them computers ‘putin with the breakdowns this morning

Who are some comparisons you would make for how he would fit off the ball? Also, does this hinder or enhance his playmaking abilities?

Would Bron play the 4??

Cause if Simmons ain't bringing the ball up he ain't doing much.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again...start this season over and insert LeBron ******* James into all of Robert Covington’s minutes. What exactly do you think would happen?

We’re going to end up winning 45+ games this year in Ben Simmons rookie year and Embiid and Dario’s sophomore years while getting absolutely nothing from our #1 overall pick so far and playing the hardest schedule in the league up until the All-Star break.

Now, insert LeBron into all of Covington’s minutes next year when Ben, Embiid and Dario are even more experienced and playoff tested. Add the possibility of Fultz being added into there and being the real Fultz. And then we’d still be adding on Ilyasova/Belinelli-like guys off the bench as shooters for Ben and Bron.

Watching that last dunk from Seric last night, why are the Cavs crying? Get your *** back on Defense and ****. How many times I seen them dudes showboating and padding when the game is clearly outta hand?

What's more concerning is that L38ron forcefully push/kept the ref back and no one is talking about that.

Anyways ....

This is why ***** James will never be a favorite of mines. Clearly he was upset at the late second dunk too, but just a few months back.....

LeBron James Talks Jordan Bell's Dunk: 'You Play the Game Until It's Over'

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-bells-dunk-you-play-the-game-until-its-over

Last edited:
I had doubts about Simmons & Bron fit but the more I think about it the lesser I worry.

Ben knows how to cut to the rim and his driving ability is already elite. Bron has thrived playing big minutes with a non shooter before in Wade. I know Wade would shoot more than Simmons and 3 point shooting is more valuable now than it's ever been, but Bron & Simmons are talented enough to be able to make anything work.

Brett Brown ain't no coach Spo, but Bron & Simmons together isn't gunna be some trainwreck on offense.

a-friend a-friend got them computers ‘putin with the breakdowns this morning

Who are some comparisons you would make for how he would fit off the ball? Also, does this hinder or enhance his playmaking abilities?
I would compare him to a Toronto Mcgrady where all he did was come off the ball and play behind Carter and he cooked and ate Steak nightly. Even for his career Tracy was a rhythm shooter but his shot was broke. High attempts high usage but he got his looks clean due to skill so you couldn't or wouldn't knock him. Ben is year One. Plenty of time to improve. Coming off the ball wouldn't stop him, nothing can stop him, because nobody can stop him. Containment only.

Ben would just have to shoot more and the usage wouldn't kill them because he can rebound, he can clog the paint, assist, block, steal. Give him 20fga's and he's still helpin you if he only shot at a 39% clip. With his 4 Ft per game that's 20pt easy with periphs galore. Sign me up if I get Bron with it.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again...start this season over and insert LeBron ****ing James into all of Robert Covington’s minutes. What exactly do you think would happen?

We’re going to end up winning 45+ games this year in Ben Simmons rookie year and Embiid and Dario’s sophomore years while getting absolutely nothing from our #1 overall pick so far and playing the hardest schedule in the league up until the All-Star break.

Now, insert LeBron into all of Covington’s minutes next year when Ben, Embiid and Dario are even more experienced and playoff tested. Add the possibility of Fultz being added into there and being the real Fultz. And then we’d still be adding on Ilyasova/Belinelli-like guys off the bench as shooters for Ben and Bron.

That doesn't address the concerns *some* have being that Robert Covington stretches the floor, defends, and doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective

Watching that last dunk from Seric last night, why are the Cavs crying? Get your *** back on Defense and ****. How many times I seen them dudes showboating and padding when the game is clearly outta hand?

What's more concerning is that L38ron forcefully push/kept the ref back and no one is talking about that.

Anyways ....

This is why ***** James will never be a favorite of mines. Clearly he was upset at the late second dunk too, but just a few months back.....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-bells-dunk-you-play-the-game-until-its-over

Still no video footage of these late game shenanigans in Cleveland. Nt fell off hard

I commented , but here's the video.... why is L38ron getting so angry and why he pushing ref away ... SMH

I commented , but here's the video.... why is L38ron getting so angry and why he pushing ref away ... SMH

Even Joel Looked at him like Waterrr you doiiin Dario LOL.

On another note.
Rodney Hood is nothing but a streaky Chucker. No defense.
Nance plays his role but does not affect a W or L
Clarkston is pretty good offensively but also streaky and inconsistent
George Hill is what we all thought he was.

That doesn't address the concerns *some* have being that Robert Covington stretches the floor, defends, and doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective

There's a point at which talent trumps fit.

And I think this would be an easy example of that. Also not sure what you mean by "defends" because Simmons is a fantastic defender already and has first-team all defense potential.

(daily reminder Ben Simmons is a rookie and will improve holes in his game)

LeBron and Covington shoot the exact same percentage from 3 while LeBron shoots a full 15% better FG%, still one of the most explosive players in the league, able to get wherever he wants and is an amazing passer and good rebounder. Also one of the best in the league in the open court and the fast breaks between him and Ben would be like how they were with him and Wade for as long as Bron’s body can keep up

Covington is zero threat to do anything else on offense other than catch and shoot and since he signed that contract he hasn’t even been able to do that

I had doubts about Simmons & Bron fit but the more I think about it the lesser I worry.

Ben knows how to cut to the rim and his driving ability is already elite. Bron has thrived playing big minutes with a non shooter before in Wade. I know Wade would shoot more than Simmons and 3 point shooting is more valuable now than it's ever been, but Bron & Simmons are talented enough to be able to make anything work.

Brett Brown ain't no coach Spo, but Bron & Simmons together isn't gunna be some trainwreck on offense.

If Bron comes to Philly, the first two things that would need to change would be Coach Brown and the Medical/ training staff
If Bron doesn't come to Philly, we can be more patient with Coach Brown but the Medical/ Training staff has to go.

I would compare him to a Toronto Mcgrady where all he did was come off the ball and play behind Carter and he cooked and ate Steak nightly. Even for his career Tracy was a rhythm shooter but his shot was broke. High attempts high usage but he got his looks clean due to skill so you couldn't or wouldn't knock him. Ben is year One. Plenty of time to improve. Coming off the ball wouldn't stop him, nothing can stop him, because nobody can stop him. Containment only.

What's really encouraging is that Simmons already expanded his game as the season went along. He's added bits and pieces to his games every month or so, floaters, turn around jumpers etc...he has the right mindset, the IQ, the talent and the work ethic to evolve.

On another note.
LoL ... I seen that ...

However, let's put the focus back where it belongs. You have the leader of the team going on record talking about

So why did he also go after Dario instead of JC and why is he pushing the ref away and no one is talking about it?

Ok ...

I feel out buc em buc em , but you can't make that comparison without taking into account Covington's usage and Lebron's usage. Covington isn't asked to play with the ball in his hands.

Lebron x Simmons would still make it work, but I don't think it would be as seamless as saying Bron is just a better Covington.

Co-sign Moheezy Moheezy , they'd have to fire Brown and get the medical staff outta there. I also don't **** with Colangelo but I'm not sure how Bron feels about that.

On another note.
Clarkson and rodney are definitely holding back. They are thinking too much on the court and tossing the ball to bron with 5 seconds on the clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom