Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you dudes just want something to complain/argue about

Are Ayton, Bamba, Trae, Bagley and SGA not much better players now than they were going into this college season?

Has Doncic’s stock actually regressed this year while playing pro overseas?

Is Mikal Bridges not a much, much better player than he was when he first got to college?

I'm not comparing it:rofl:
Just clearing up there are plenty of places where Basketball is cared for, that has no bearing.

YOu should have said NC is the COllege Meca so we like watching it more than most, not "those who find it unwatchable live in places where its not cared for"
That’s true though. You aren’t gonna see people from ACC/Big 10 country say that they don’t like CBB.

Are Ayton, Bamba, Trae, Bagley and SGA not much better players now than they were going into this college season?

Is Mikal Bridges not a much, much better player than he was when he first got to college?
That's all true but the corruption and money part are what people have a problem with

Who's to say those guys in the first line wouldn't improve just as much or more on a pro team? All the while getting rightfully compensated?

Luka's situation has nothing to do really with this

Bridges would have never been drafted to begin with out of high school so it's guys like this that NEED to go to college and SHOULD. The college game still has its place so long as the G League doesn't take over, which I wouldn't mind either because the NCAA is atrocious

They couldnt improve while playing pro ball? Oh.

I doubt Ayton improved any more in 8 months of college basketball than he would had he been playing for the Mavs. Months of double teams, zone defenses and playing alongside another 7 footer has prepared him for the NBA?

I just want to make clear my argument has nothing to do with improvement it has to do with scouting. Obviously good players are going to be good. Other high star recruits wash out.

On topic of Ayton, Bamba, Trae etc. improving from exiting high school, that's not a mutually exclusive thing with college. Like, college isn't the only reason they got better

It's just natural progression and college happened to be their vehicle for those 6 months

If they happened to have the NBA as a vehicle instead, we're most likely comparing a Corolla to a BMW at the very least

Would you guys rather watch Duke vs Kentucky on ESPN in a matchup of all the top lottery prospects with Coach K and Calipari coaching them or the Sioux Falls Sky Force vs the Erie BayHawks on NBATV featuring a couple prospects mixed in with the Harrison twins of the world who didn’t quite pan out how they were supposed to in college and are just trying to make their way into or back to the league by stat padding every game?
College will still be the same without the top prospects ...Duke vs kentucky was still hyped up back in he day without a bunch of em ...let the player go straight outta high school if they want , rather see em in the D league

That’s true though. You aren’t gonna see people from ACC/Big 10 country say that they don’t like CBB.
ehhhh you talking just Carolina or the new whole ACC that stretches all the way from Boston to Miami ? :lol:

Improving stock and improving aren’t the same thing either.

I just want to make clear my argument has nothing to do with improvement it has to do with scouting. Obviously good players are going to be good. Other high star recruits wash out.

And washing out is a part of the game. Drafting is a crap shoot.

Duke vs kentucky was still hyped up back in he day without

ehhhh you talking just Carolina or the new whole ACC that stretches all the way from Boston to Miami ? :lol:
Lmfaoooo mainly just the Carolinas and Virginia.
You could argue Florida too tho.

And not taking high schoolers reduces the variance and makes it less of a crap shoot. So it benefits the NBA.

And not taking high schoolers reduces the variance and makes it less of a crap shoot. So it benefits the NBA.
We've seen evidence to contradict this claim and we haven't seen the evidence to prove that this would benefit the NBA

Again, what metric are we using to say that drafting prep players dilutes the talent?

We've seen evidence to contradict this claim and we haven't seen the evidence to prove that this would benefit the NBA

Again, what metric are we using to say that drafting prep players dilutes the talent?

What evidence contradicts this?

It’s logical that an extra year to view players at a slightly higher level of play will make scouting easier.

But this isn’t necessarily true. Prep to pro has been great to the game. Even at its peak in 2004, 7 high school guys went on to play at least 5 seasons. There have been more euro draft busts that HS guys

By the way the talent level in the one and done era has been significantly better than in the previous era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom